Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

I have every kind of clothes you could need for any event.......boots and wranglers to classic tux or tails..........

I think every pair of slacks I own are pleated. I have the body shape and size to wear them.........AND.....they are fitted properly and the length is correct.........besides they are way more comfortable...

Jack........you will be glad to know I am buying a real bow tie this year for the Winter Ball...........you shamed me at the Oakland Bash............laughin..........so.........it's a real bow tie.....now I just have to figure out how to tie it........and should I get the one with the pointy ends or just the straight line.......
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2010, 10:24 PM   #22
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I am very classic. I like khaki's, button-downs, rugby shirts, and sportshirts. I wear sweaters. I have the basics in terms of suits, ties, and belts. I try to match the belts to the shoes. In the summer, I love to wear swim trunks over shorts any day. I find them more comfi.

Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2010, 10:36 PM   #23
key

How Do You Identify?:
androgynous, gender-queer, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
depends on person addressing me
Relationship Status:
merrily single hopefully married one day

key Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Awesome pic,

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
Butch did have nice threads, especially the hat.
Awesome pic, looks like so many butches I know. But I think I probably look more like Alfalfa.

key is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to key For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #24
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

You'll usually find me in a pair of Levis, chamois shirt, and work boots. If I have to clean up, I've got the goods for that too.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2010, 10:46 PM   #25
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
Ez has great style and gives good pompadour--plus he smells good!

tips from a femme:

save money by spending a little more on a few items, this is a universal truth and don't buy every t-shirt known to man--you can't really wear them anywhere except for weekend errands, anyway.

and TRY ON, but there's some of you that will never (like Ez) so keep all the tags on so that you (or your amazing girlfriend) can have an easy time returning everything that doesn't work.

Ask for help! and shop the sales in finer stores--yes, those salespeople work on commission because the provide GREAT SERVICE and will call you when something has a. come in that you've been looking for or b. is going on sale that you've had your eye on! (use them! really, they're there for you and will make you look good!)

(off topic: EZ has a great eye for classic style (think: mad men), and though he'll rarely mention it, it's all part of the attraction--it's sexy when someone has confidence and doesn't need an extensive portfolio in some misguided attempt at impressing the ladies. in other words, i know he's dressing for *himself* and that is just what i like, no matter what he's wearing.)

great thread
golly, can we see a pic of EZ instead of Spanky and Our Gang?
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #26
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

For dress or semi-dress clothes I can buy off the rack at Calvin Klein. I used to buy my dress shirts from Express because they were the perfect arm length, but I pretty much buy everything from Calvin now (and not sure what Express is even selling anymore), or Kenneth Cole.

The thing I notice that butches screw up the most is not making sure that shirts/sweaters, etc., fit their shoulders correctly. Half the time you see guys with the shoulder seam half way down their arm.

For jeans, cargo shorts and other really casual stuff, I just buy wherever I find something I like. That could be at Abercrombie, Hollister, Gap, etc.

I think the most important thing is to find things that fit your body type well. That is what you will look the best in.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2010, 11:36 PM   #27
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Try this place ....... http://www.sheplers.com/
Thanks!

Most of the western stuff for me is about dance. But want a belt for that buckle!

Hey Toughy, I'm with you on pleated slacks. Also, can't decide on the puff tie, an ascot or a honest to goodness real bow tie for the Winter Ball!!! LOL... I bet Jack gave you hell!

Thanks to all of you for posting- getting some ideas. Yes, Dapper.... the shirt thang! Getting the sleeves right is so important!!! Makes me gringe too when I see another butch in a really nice shirt and the shoulders do not fit. LOL... now, garters when you want to period dress are kewl. Then there are the common mistakes we make with jackets. it has really been good for me to try on all styles... 1, 2, 3, 4 button, single or double breasted. Side pleats, rear pleats, etc. to find what really does look best on my body.

If we just take the time to ask, and get alterations with a tailor from a store (just talking formal wear here, or good suits) that is right there doing the measurements, it is a good investment in the long run. Plus, I have found it much less expensive to have the alterations done in-store than taking garmets to an outside tailor. hell, the tailcoat and trousers I bout for the first BASH Ball I went to, I ordered and it cost me $150 for the alterations. It is a fine brand and I thougt... oh, this is much less through their online store, and Ill just get it altered here... and ARGH!I know sometimes it's hard, especially if you live in areas that are more rural, but I always think about the cost factor for nice clothing, that which I know I will wear often. I want it to fit well.

To be honest, I really like to shop with a femme consultant! Have really come away with clothes that fit well that way. And ones I know I can just change a hirt or vest with and wear to many events.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2010, 12:39 AM   #28
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
4 button suits is a no no if you like classic style

Just saying
Gotcha!!!

2 button tends to be me, single, rear vent. and yes, 4 button isn't classic at all. Don't look good on me anyway, but have seen some butches look fantastic in them!

The hardest thing for me with tuxes/suits are my damn shoulders and having to have what seems like yards taken in at the waist so that I don't look like a box! Also, the jacket length... always have to get them shortened unless I can find them in a short that fits my shoulders. Weird, I'm not short, kinda averge, I think.

Hummmm... it sure would be great for me to meet a seamstress!!! Gonna put that on my list!
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2010, 12:31 PM   #29
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

About body style.When I go out on a buying spree things are sort of hard to fit cause I have broad shoulders,well musceled arms from lifting weights with thighs that are pretty well bulked up..not as much as I want but geting there.What is my prob is I still cant get my gut to match the rest of me,its so dam hard to lose,if I could get my inshurance to cover the surgery I would have it cut off.When I get slacks or dress pants the tailor takes up the waist but the bdy of the pants is too lose,she says its something I have to deal with cuse of my body shape and loseing weight.Anyone have any ideas how to get pants to fit better?
Rockin
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:05 PM   #30
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
About body style.When I go out on a buying spree things are sort of hard to fit cause I have broad shoulders,well musceled arms from lifting weights with thighs that are pretty well bulked up..not as much as I want but geting there.What is my prob is I still cant get my gut to match the rest of me,its so dam hard to lose,if I could get my inshurance to cover the surgery I would have it cut off.When I get slacks or dress pants the tailor takes up the waist but the bdy of the pants is too lose,she says its something I have to deal with cuse of my body shape and loseing weight.Anyone have any ideas how to get pants to fit better?
Rockin
Hey Rockin'.

Well, tell us what your body type/body shape is, and maybe someone can help you here. :-) And are we to assume that you are buying men's pants?

Old 02-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #31
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Default Last known photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
golly, can we see a pic of EZ instead of Spanky and Our Gang?
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #32
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills

Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mr. Kenneth Cole

For leisure or dress. Stellar.
JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JakeTulane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2010, 03:46 PM   #33
TIMBERWOLF

How Do You Identify?:
Old Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lesbian Butch so that would be she, but I come to just about anything *S*
Relationship Status:
Single

TIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a Cargo pant/jeans freak. Button down shirts with a vest sometimes. T-Shirts mostly during the summer, boots sometimes. Tux for the ball . I also have tails but haven't worn them in forever(too sm) LOL.
And I have to have the length taken up also. And most shirts I have to get are a 2XL but the sleeve length is 33 1/2-34 for custom shirts.

TIMBER
TIMBERWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TIMBERWOLF For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2010, 08:29 PM   #34
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

DapperButch
Im 5'6,weigh 248..yep im kinda chunkey.I gess I have a fat boy body that is on the way to becomeing as fit as I can,I gave up the idea of being thin cause if I have to be a bull dog I will be a fit one.Most of my prob is in my belly size 46 waist in mens pants...30 inch inseam.I can usely get jackets fitted its just pants that I have prob with.
Rockin
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #35
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation

Just offering a femme perspective here. A beautiful silk ascot looks really nice and classy IMHO.

Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
Thanks!

Most of the western stuff for me is about dance. But want a belt for that buckle!

Hey Toughy, I'm with you on pleated slacks. Also, can't decide on the puff tie, an ascot or a honest to goodness real bow tie for the Winter Ball!!! LOL... I bet Jack gave you hell!

Thanks to all of you for posting- getting some ideas. Yes, Dapper.... the shirt thang! Getting the sleeves right is so important!!! Makes me gringe too when I see another butch in a really nice shirt and the shoulders do not fit. LOL... now, garters when you want to period dress are kewl. Then there are the common mistakes we make with jackets. it has really been good for me to try on all styles... 1, 2, 3, 4 button, single or double breasted. Side pleats, rear pleats, etc. to find what really does look best on my body.

If we just take the time to ask, and get alterations with a tailor from a store (just talking formal wear here, or good suits) that is right there doing the measurements, it is a good investment in the long run. Plus, I have found it much less expensive to have the alterations done in-store than taking garmets to an outside tailor. hell, the tailcoat and trousers I bout for the first BASH Ball I went to, I ordered and it cost me $150 for the alterations. It is a fine brand and I thougt... oh, this is much less through their online store, and Ill just get it altered here... and ARGH!I know sometimes it's hard, especially if you live in areas that are more rural, but I always think about the cost factor for nice clothing, that which I know I will wear often. I want it to fit well.

To be honest, I really like to shop with a femme consultant! Have really come away with clothes that fit well that way. And ones I know I can just change a hirt or vest with and wear to many events.
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:34 PM   #36
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
DapperButch
Im 5'6,weigh 248..yep im kinda chunkey.I gess I have a fat boy body that is on the way to becomeing as fit as I can,I gave up the idea of being thin cause if I have to be a bull dog I will be a fit one.Most of my prob is in my belly size 46 waist in mens pants...30 inch inseam.I can usely get jackets fitted its just pants that I have prob with.
Rockin
Hey, Rockin'. I'm not sure what you can do in this situation beyond doing what you are doing, which is having a good tailor. I'm glad that you are not having any problems with jackets, because for many, jackets can be more difficult. :-)

Old 02-05-2010, 10:32 PM   #37
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Dapperbutch
I just get my jackets one size up and tailor it down,harder to do with pants I gess.
Rockin
Old 02-05-2010, 11:17 PM   #38
LieslKate

How Do You Identify?:
Prime Lesbian Femme Feminist Submissive Amazon Dyke Riot Grrl... :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
the Feminine...
Relationship Status:
single

LieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant future
Default hmmmmmmm...

a well fitting pair of 501's... or just boxers please... *fans*

LieslKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #39
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I've always thought of myself as a conservative dresser, but I like the term "classic" so I'm going with that.

Shirts: button-ups, polo-type, rugby, t-shirts when casual

Pants: levi 501s, cargo pants or shorts, slacks when I need to be a bit less casual

Shoes: 95% of the time either my brown slip-on have no idea what you call them shoes, or my hiking boots.

Right now where I work cargo pants and jeans are fine. At the moment I don't have much in the dress-up department - my weight has been shifting enough lately that what used to fit doesn't anymore. I do need to pick up a couple pairs of dress slacks and dress shirts but I guess I'm waiting until I need them and then can size them for me right at the moment.

I can buy most of my clothes off the rack. Suits are the one thing that I can't. With my weight fluctuation I wouldn't get one now anyway, but even after I stabilize I'll wait until I can afford a good tailor.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #40
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

I received my tie order (bow tie, regular tie and an ascot) from the site Jack recommended. Very happy with them! Thanks, Jack!

http://www.beautiesltd.com/?gclid=CN...Fdx05QodJDzrGQ

Was thinking about how I really do like 501's... even after all these years! Comfy casual for me. Yikes, my first pair (1960's) cost under $5!![/COLOR]

Last edited by AtLast; 02-08-2010 at 06:54 PM. Reason: stuff
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: