Laerkin

How Do You Identify?:
Girlie with a touch of bossy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, but not hung up on the details
Relationship Status:
Parenting our furry family with SmoothButch

3 Highscores

Laerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST Reputation
Default Toot My Own Horn (TMOH)

Sometimes you just need a place to toot your own horn.

Maybe you saved a turtle crossing the street or found a stray a new home. Perhaps you crossed a major accomplishment off your Bucket List or took a leap of faith you want to celebrate. Sometimes it's as simple as finding time to make dinner after a stressful day.

Whatever the reason, sometimes you just need to celebrate YOU!

So, let's toot our own horns and brag a little, take pride in a job well done, or show off a new adventure.

Today's TMOH:

I finally graduated with my Bachelor's degree last weekend after 15 years of off-and-on classes. AT LAST! I'm edumacated!!!

What do you want to share? Let's CELEBRATE!
Laerkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default KISS theory

Congrats on the degree!

As for myself, I made it through the day and I did it without falling asleep.

<---tiiiiirrrrrrrrred

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Got accepted and offered a seat for College in September.
Nursing is something i am passionate about doing, i love helping people and knowing i am making a difference..

Finally having the courage and confidence to believe in myself enough to take the steps and make this happen...& a supportive Daddy who believes in me and gives me that added push, knowing i 'can'..

Look at me go!

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #4
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

congratulations! you guys are amazing

i'm at a mental health conference and i was super nervous because it's for an org i contract with but i'm not super familiar with a lot of their membership...and i just taught a workshop about disability justice in the context of mental health movements and it went splendiferously. and everyone's just been really wonderful and sweet. i've been dealing with a lot of difficulty in my work with the organization and how that's going (constantly hitting roadblocks/people's visions are clashing), but my experience here has been really wonderful. the conference lasts until wednesday and i'm super excited to be doing a presentation on mental health issues and surviving college in the morning. but now i think it's time to sleep. it's been a ridiculously long day.

oh AND i got to see paolo del vecchio (pretty much the mental health peer/survivor with the most institutional power in the mental health system) speak about recovery and that was pretty phenomenal
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2012, 05:01 AM   #5
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

This isn't about me...it's about my Beloved, Clay...

While driving back home a few weeks ago we saw a woman standing in the middle of a busy highway...she was walking two dogs but had dropped the leash for one and that dog was dodging cars which btw were NOT slowing down...despite hys mobility issues and the fact that hy was driving my itsy Barbie car, Clay abruptly pulled over and climbed out to help...he caught the dog and returned it to the woman...

i just love my compassionate Sexy Silver Butch!
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #6
G Snap!

How Do You Identify?:
gay. I'm very happy, thank you!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss
Relationship Status:
Chefhmboyrd's seeing eye blonde

Thanked 1,109 Times in 229 Posts
G Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I graduated from the Metropolitan Nashville Citizens Police Academy tonight! Not only is it a great addition to my resume, I got to learn all about the many different departments that make up Metro and do some cool stuff like visit the Dispatch, check out the forensics lab, and shoot on the Police Academy's range with their toys!!
G Snap! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to G Snap! For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #7
nekohl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 2,162 Times in 382 Posts
nekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputation
Default I got my wings

Im gonna give myself a shout out because I am maintaining an A average in all my classes. I am following my bliss and enjoying the journey

Oh, and I was named Angel of the month at work for May.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #8
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Made the Dean's List again for this past semester....still maintaining my 4.0 GPA

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #9
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

On May 7th I competed in the senior olympics and won a silver medal shooting pool..now I can go on to the next levle of competition and also add a fue events.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #10
Julien

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,701 Times in 737 Posts
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation

I am making great headway in the book that I'm writing and can't wait to get back to it. I am so happy about that. I'm so glad my inspiration is back.

“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Julien For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #11
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laerkin View Post

Today's TMOH:

I finally graduated with my Bachelor's degree last weekend after 15 years of off-and-on classes. AT LAST! I'm edumacated!!!
It took me 10 years to get mine. Girl, I know how you feel! Toot your horn!

CONGRATS!

TMOH:
I am on track to complete my master's next May, only taking 2 and a half years. I'm going to call that an accomplishment because of how long it took me to finish the Bachelor's, and because I work a full time job with crazy hours.
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #12
Breezy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 4,555 Times in 1,199 Posts
Breezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

I got a promotion at work. for me. Anyone for a glass of champagne or sparkling cider?
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Breezy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #13
nekohl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 2,162 Times in 382 Posts
nekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputation
Default a big pink sparkly toot

I am now the Operations and Staffing Coordinator! After a week of holding my breath I found out today I got it Aaaand, I asked for more money than they offered and I got that too.

I read somewhere that one of the reasons women don't get paid as much as men (aside from the fact that often women workers are undervalued and there is still a heck of a double standard) is that women don't always ask for more money. A lot of us where trained to "be greatful" for what we get and be lady like and not pushy. Whereas a man might have been brought up with the encouragement to be aggressive and push for what he wants. So, at the risk of being labeled a Pushy Broad, I always ask for more. Because I'm worth it!!

Carry on Tooters
Old 09-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #14
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,586 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation

Congrats to myself because I am one step closer to publishing my book.

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #15
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Cool tmoh...

cuz i woke up today!! (betta than not wakin up! lol)
puddin' is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puddin' For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2017, 05:02 PM   #16
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

I beat the game, twice.TG it's over...
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote