Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 07-19-2017, 11:57 PM   #3441
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Yesterday 30 minutes stairmaster (L 1-4), 30 minute combo of floor exercises, weight lifting and stretching.

Today 30 minutes stairmaster (L 1-5), 30 minutes stationary bike (Level 9).

While on the cardio equipment, I've been watching the Netflix series, The Keepers! It is so good! It is a disturbing doc series but very engrossing and empowering.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2017, 11:59 PM   #3442
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
You are my hero!

I've done nothing. Squat. Kaput.

Thanks but I do have the summer off due to school calendar. Not working certainly makes time for things!

How do I... ?
Old 07-20-2017, 08:46 AM   #3443
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,912 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

OMG!! Can somebody on here P L E A S E give me some motivation to start working out again?? I have plenty of time now so can't use that as an excuse anymore!!! I'm just not motivated and I'm sooooo overweight that just thinking about exercise makes me tired. I took one yoga class since starting my new job, well one and a half cuz the teacher had an emergency and got called away, then she had to quit teaching for awhile due to health issues. I've walked on the beach twice. That's it. Help!!!???
Old 07-20-2017, 08:59 AM   #3444
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
OMG!! Can somebody on here P L E A S E give me some motivation to start working out again?? I have plenty of time now so can't use that as an excuse anymore!!! I'm just not motivated and I'm sooooo overweight that just thinking about exercise makes me tired. I took one yoga class since starting my new job, well one and a half cuz the teacher had an emergency and got called away, then she had to quit teaching for awhile due to health issues. I've walked on the beach twice. That's it.
Help!!!???
Today when I was walking I went by a house and a man was sitting on the porch. He commented on walking before it got too hot and I stopped for a moment. I told him I just started walking again. He asked if I had ever heard this quote "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" Lao Tzu. I hadn't but I walked away thinking about it and felt pretty good.

I'm going to be 48 soon and I am overweight but I've lost 3 lbs. So one step at a time, G&G. Every step adds up. I got an app called Pacer and it tracks my steps, miles and calories. So perhaps starting off with small walks. One step at a time! Good luck!
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2017, 11:58 AM   #3445
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
Today when I was walking I went by a house and a man was sitting on the porch. He commented on walking before it got too hot and I stopped for a moment. I told him I just started walking again. He asked if I had ever heard this quote "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" Lao Tzu. I hadn't but I walked away thinking about it and felt pretty good.

I'm going to be 48 soon and I am overweight but I've lost 3 lbs. So one step at a time, G&G. Every step adds up. I got an app called Pacer and it tracks my steps, miles and calories. So perhaps starting off with small walks. One step at a time! Good luck!

Congrats on your weight loss! I'm 48 now and I just don't know what the heck is wrong with me??!! I was 300 lbs at one time and somehow I got the motivation to lose 150 lbs on my own, and it really was not that hard to keep motivated, either. Right now I just came in from cutting grass in 99• heat to take a water break. I love yard work and if I can get up and do that with no problems, then I should be able to get my butt in town to the gym or down the road to the beach and walk!
Old 07-21-2017, 10:53 PM   #3446
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Both yesterday and today I did 30 minutes on the stair master, levels 1-5, intervals. I'm still watching the EXCELLENT Netflix doc series, the Keepers. It's so nice when I have something good to watch.

I had a day where things kept going wrong and I was really busy and wanting to get the gym in but not. My gym closes at 10 so I literally did the stair master from 9:30 to 10. My mom is visiting from Ohio, and we were having a very hard time communicating. I think it has somewhat to do with her aging. So I was crying and feeling totally spent. Sometimes when I feel that way, I say to myself, "Work it out" which means to me to go to the gym and work out and things will feel better. It did work for me today.

How do I... ?
Old 07-22-2017, 05:27 AM   #3447
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I got my butt kicked in a 5am hour long Escape class yesterday. Even though I took it as easy as I could and did as many modifications as I could, my shoulders and arms are still killing me.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2017, 09:11 AM   #3448
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

I walked 3.7 miles today but it was miserable. It "feels like" 103 degrees here right now. It's so humid. I wanted to walk longer but I just couldn't make myself.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2017, 11:45 PM   #3449
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Yesterday 30 minutes on the stair master (Level 1-5 intervals), 15 minutes of floor exercises, leg weights and stretching.

Today 30 min stair master, then 30 minutes weight lifting, sit-ups, stretching.

Still watching the Keepers and loving it.

How do I... ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2017, 05:18 AM   #3450
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Another hour long Escape class this morning. The bad news is that I've busted open a finger on my gloves, have near permanent marks on my knees and my fingers tend to feel hyper sensitive for hours afterward due to the artificial turf we roll around on. The good news is that my sports bra wasn't *quite* wet enough to wring out this time.

I gotta take it as it comes.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2017, 06:39 PM   #3451
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I went for a two hour walk in the park. I went out to go to the gym but it felt so nice out that I decided on the park instead. It seemed like everyone was getting high! Since that's not my thing, I didn't really like it so much (the smell). I like going on woodsy paths so I DO run into a lot of smokers. Each to their own!

How do I... ?
Old 07-27-2017, 05:23 PM   #3452
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

I cut grass all afternoon and had sweat pouring off of me!
Old 07-27-2017, 07:15 PM   #3453
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I've been doing manual labor at work every day for what feels like forever now. I planned on going to a work out class tomorrow but opted not to and I'm okay with that.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2017, 07:15 AM   #3454
apollo

How Do You Identify?:
genderless butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
they/them

apollo Has the BEST Reputationapollo Has the BEST Reputationapollo Has the BEST Reputationapollo Has the BEST Reputationapollo Has the BEST Reputationapollo Has the BEST Reputationapollo Has the BEST Reputationapollo Has the BEST Reputationapollo Has the BEST Reputationapollo Has the BEST Reputationapollo Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't done anything today seeing as it's early, but yesterday I basically spent 14 hours loading and unloading heavy equipment. Working as a stagehand for one show is physically demanding enough but yesterday I worked a rehearsal and a show. I've found wearing a compression shirt during summer makes me lose several liters in sweat lol.
Bigotry against transgendered people is a deadly carcinogen. We are pitted against each other in order to keep us from seeing each other as allies. Genuine bonds of solidarity can be forged between people who respect each other's differences and are willing to fight their enemy together. We are the class that does the work of the world, and can revolutionize it. We can win true liberation.
apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to apollo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2017, 08:24 AM   #3455
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

I drove down the road to the small beach near my house and walked for 45min at a moderate pace!!!!! Better than nothing, right?
Old 07-28-2017, 08:38 PM   #3456
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

We've been working on reorganizing our apartment. I ended up going way late to the gym. I tend to procrastinate. I did half an hour on the stair master (Invervals, Levels 1-5). I am finishing Season 1 of the Keepers. I sure hope for Season 2! It has just been so good.

How do I... ?
Old 07-29-2017, 05:20 AM   #3457
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I scheduled a class for tomorrow so we'll see if I make it there. My right leg is giving me trouble. Bah.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2017, 08:12 AM   #3458
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Nothing today since I go to work today to double shift all weekend in a very short staffed nursing home. Trust me, I'll get a great workout!!
Old 07-29-2017, 11:00 AM   #3459
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

i had a physical yesterday and the dr suggested 150 minutes of exercise a week...i normally try to walk 20 minutes daily during the week because i walk during my lunch at work...but weekends its hard to get motivated! i may have to do another 20 minute walk in the evening after work....the puppies might like that

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2017, 11:42 AM   #3460
hopelessromantic69

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
all male
Relationship Status:
Single but unavailable

hopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputation

I picked a stocking job at Jerry's home improvement store for extra money and exercise. This place is over 350,000 sq ft so it's not some small local store. I have a gym membership also but now I'm worried I will be too sore if I workout before work and too tired and sore to workout after work. I guess I just need to go do it or cancel my membership. What say you?

Tags
exercise, weights