Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation
Default Favorite food dishes from childhood

Here are some of mine:

Noodles Romanoff (It was like mac and cheese but with linguine-type noodles, and I liked the version that came right out of a box and was discontinued, so says the Internet. It had this amazing cheesy cheesiness!)

The Chefboyardee pizza kit (OMG, it was so cool, all in one box. Mom would have my brother and I make it with her. We'd make the pizza crust which was quite thin. Then we'd get to pour a small can of tomato sauce from the box on the pizza. Then we'd get to sprinkle this parmesan like cheese packet all over the pizza and put it in the oven. Pizza magic!)

Homemade potato chips (Our longtime babysitter would make us this after school. She'd slice a potato, fry it in butter, salt it, and put ketchup on the side. It is best eaten while watching Little House on the Prairie.)

Fried clams at Friendly's followed by the Happy Ending (!) Sundae (Perfection.)

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2014, 08:18 PM   #2
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My mom's chicken and dumplings.

Yumbolicious
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2014, 08:20 PM   #3
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

My grandma would make this home made baked bean dish that she had individual special baked bean dishes for with long handles. They'd be baked in the oven for hours, and the scent was too die for, as was the taste!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2014, 08:36 PM   #4
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

As an aside, I make my own potato thins (when industrious) by slicing potatoes really thin, tossing in just a little olive oil, then sprinkling with light salt and sometimes oregano. Something like 425 oven for 15 minutes. I got that from a book, though.

My mom was an OK cook but a fabulous baker. She made rhubarb pie with rhubarb from our garden. Every Christmas, she made a giant pile of cookies. I found the recipes at my brother's. She used to make cakes from scratch, but mixes always tasted homemade, somehow.

Anyway, some of her dinners were:

Stouffer's Creamed Chicken on rice. I haven't found creamed chicken in years, but could probably find the recipe or something close.

La Choy Chow Mein and sweet rolls. Sounds terrible, but I make this myself.

Meat loaf. Her recipe was, "Oh, I don't know, I never measure". I like mine, but it doesn't come close.

Her spaghetti sauce, which only I like. It was very tomato-ey and strong. I do have that recipe, and like to make a huge batch and freeze in bags. My kids won't eat anything but Prego.

My dad made first-class pancakes, and he was the undisputed cook for his service organization's pancake breakfasts. He made them for us every Sunday. Of course, mine can't come within light-years.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:12 PM   #5
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

My grandma made colcannon (cál ceannann), I make it from her recipe but it just doesn't taste the same

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2014, 09:28 PM   #6
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

My birth mother was not a good mother, but she was a fantastic cook. I loved her homemade banana pudding and would stand at the stove and stir the pudding (for what seemed like hours back then) while it cooked. Then she would layer banana slices and Nilla Wafers. It was a rare treat.

She also made the best homemade biscuits I've ever had.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2014, 09:34 PM   #7
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

My Mom didn't cook so we ate a lot of grilled cheese sandwiches when I learned to make them. I think I was 7 or so.

So that has always been my go-to comfort food with a heavy childhood memory
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2014, 09:51 PM   #8
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

My ma made some great mashed potatoes and turkey gravy. I remember eating that a lot when I was a kid. Also, she made french bread pizzas with sauce, pepperoni, and cheese. They were really really good. When I got older, I ate a lot of Velveeta sandwiches (mayo/cheese/pickles). Lastly, Kraft mac/cheese with green chili. YUM.

Now as an adult, I don't eat any of that-- go figure.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2014, 10:12 PM   #9
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation
Default note to nycfem

Yes Yes about the boxed Chefboyardee boxed pizzas. I loved those when I was little. My mom would chip up hot dogs into tiny pieces and put on the top.

I had not seen this in decades until a few months ago at one of the dollar-type stores. Couldn't wait to make it. When I opened the sauce can, I tasted it ... %?*@&%# ... they changed the flavor of the red sauce ... Bye bye, the whole thing went into the trash can. Talk about a let down ... I felt slam-dunked.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #10
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,131 Times in 3,011 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Egg noodles with mushrooms, a little salt, and butter.

Even though I largely avoid wheat, it's still a comfort food here. My daughter administers it as needed, and I eat when I really need comfort food.

My grandmother made:

Grapefruit halves with a maraschino cherry in the middle, twice baked potatoes stuffed with spinach and cheddar cheese, spaghetti you dream about, peanut butter cookies with M&M's in them, and chocolate pudding.

What I craved when I was sick: Iceberg lettuce with Italian dressing, and canned pears. Not sure what that was about.

My poor mom was in the role of food provider and she hated cooking. As much as my grandmother LOVED to cook, my mom didn't pick up on it. Combination of lack of interest in learning, and I think it was my grandmothers alone time in the kitchen. My mom hated cooking, my father worked a night shift noon-midnight, my brother only wanted pasta and steak, and I wanted salad and vegetables. I didn't really discover food until college.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2014, 11:01 PM   #11
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

Noodles and butter my brother use to make it for me .
My grandmother made the best roast beef and Yorkshire pudding and matzo and eggs.

I also remember a girlfriend of my brother making chicken and dumplings that I loved
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2014, 11:17 PM   #12
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thanked 21,371 Times in 6,721 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Portuguese Pickled Onions-My mom made these and they went exquisitely with every meal, addictive..i miss them
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2014, 12:37 AM   #13
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I totally forgot about that Chefboyardee pizza box!!! Me and my mom and my sister used to make that all the time. What a walk down memory lane.

Neither of my parents were always the best cooks when I was a kid, but they tried and oddly have both become excellent cooks these days.

Some childhood faves:
-macaroni and cheese out of a box with chopped up hot dogs (my Dad made this on his nights to take care of us)

-fish sticks and French fries

-homemade mac and cheese with toasted Italian bread crumbs on top (still a major adult comfort food)

-my gram's homemade spaghetti sauce with meatballs or Italian sausage

-grilled cheese (also still a major comfort food)

-mashed potatoes with gravy

-Steak-ums (OMG the most horrifying fucking food EVER that I would never eat now, but loved as a kid. Does anyone else remember these?)

-Beef Stronganoff Hamburger Helper

-Cheeseburgers and French fries (I also loved the Friendly's kids meal with the happy ending sundae)

-fresh strawberries and peaches

-Lipton chicken noodle soup

-homemade Old El Paso beef tacos (my sister and I used to fight over who grated the cheese LOL)

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2014, 03:45 AM   #14
LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:
Single but haven't given up on finding the One

Thanked 9,646 Times in 3,123 Posts
LoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Funny every time someone asks about my favorite childhood food memories the very first memory that pops into my mind is how much I hate liver and onions and dreaded that night every week when I was a kid. Still hate liver and onions worse smell I have ever encountered.

As for fav that is easy

Moms country fried chicken with real mashed potatoes and gravy

Grannies soup beans with home made corn bread that was made in her cast iron skillet corn bread only pan OMFG no better corn bread out there

The gardens tomatoes with sugar on them as a treat every summer once they were ripe

My homemade spaghetti that I have been cooking since around 10

My cousins Sunday breakfast for dinner night, eggs, biscuits, sausage gravy,real home fries, all of it except for the chocolate gravy

My aunts home made bread and butter pickles
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LoyalWolfsBlade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2014, 05:28 AM   #15
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I absolutely loved my mom's version of goulash. She made hers with elbow macaroni, hamburger meat and usually onions, peppers and a random bright colored veggie, be it red peppers or carrots, etc.

It was a simple dish but even after all these years, I still can't get mine to taste like hers.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2014, 05:55 AM   #16
fatallyblonde

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

fatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputation

my mum would make this tuna mornay... god it was so good... I haven't eaten meat or fish in over ten years but I still remember that with love...
... also spinach pie... spinach and cheese in flaky pastry mmmmmmm

my nan would make amazing corned beef with homemade relish... loved it...

on saturday nights we often made homemade pizza with these great bases from the supermarket... tomato paste... olives and cabanosi and ham and mushrooms... delish!

there is this restaurant we would always go to, mixed Asian... loved the sechuan beef...

long drive to the grandparents place, bacon and egg mcmuffin and hashbrown from mcdonalds!

butter chicken made from a packet mix

so many good things!
fatallyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to fatallyblonde For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2014, 07:44 AM   #17
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

My mom worked but always had a meat and two veggies at dinner.

I remember most....

Salmon patties
Fish sticks
Country fried steak
Fried chicken
Hamburgers and she put bread in them prior to cooking. I know now it was to hold it together better and make it go farther.
Salisbury steak

At dinner time we told each other about our day. It was a happy time...unless there were peas!!!
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #18
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post

-Steak-ums (OMG the most horrifying fucking food EVER that I would never eat now, but loved as a kid. Does anyone else remember these?)
My gran used to make a dish with those, she would take Steak-ums and roll it around Stove Top stuffing put a tooth pick in em and put them in a baking dish then pour cream of mushroom soup over the whole thing and bake, I loved that as a kid. I tried to make it again as an adult and it was SO SALTY, I thought I was gonna die

We would also make budget ruben sandwiches with Steak-ums, thousand island dressing, sauerkraut, swiss cheese and toasted white bread. Also loved as a kid, not nearly as good as I remembered them as an adult.

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2014, 09:51 AM   #19
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,088 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation
Default Still some of my favorite comfort food today...

Campbell's tomato soup & grilled cheese sandwich

elbow macaroni & diced tomatoes (with a daub of butter & salt mixed in)
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2014, 10:04 AM   #20
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

I loved my grandma's home made beef stew/soup made with stew meat, tomatoes home canned, carrots and potatoes. YUMMMY and I still make it for myself today. I Love that stuff.

I also loved my grandma's home made chicken and dumplings, awesome stuff and was all hand made dough....not biscuits.

I love my mom's fajita soup over rice. It's really pretty delicious.

There's a lot more I like that I can't seem to think of at the moment.