Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 03-13-2021, 11:11 PM   #5141
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I've been doing well with my steps. Still haven't made it back into the gym. Still leery. I think I'm going to go in double masked and that will help me feel more comfortable with going back.

Yesterday's steps: 17,150. 5.41 miles. 1089.0 extra calories burned. 139 minutes straight of walking.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2021, 03:37 PM   #5142
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I haven't exercised for about six months. It got chilly and there was the pandemic and being overwhelmed with work.

I finally went out and exercised today! I brought my weights to the Dinosaur Playground at Riverside Park and set up shop there. I did 45 minutes of ground exercises (e.g. sit-ups and lying-down stretches) and weight lifting. I needed to take more recovery breaths between sets, but it felt good. The moment I felt myself laying on the astroturf feeling the sun on my face and my body stretched out - it was divine.

During that time of my exercise, a toddler kept walking up to me. You know how it is when a baby gets obsessed with you and it's awkward and unstoppable. That's what it was like. The mother kept saying its name which I couldn't really hear but it sounded like, "Paxton! Paxton!" Paxton kept smiling and run-wobbling towards me. I did an occasional eye contact and smile the way one does to indicate not being a bitch but also not wanting to have a play date. The mom was sitting on a bench texting and occasionally had to grab Paxton when they got to close to me. I felt proud for being more entertaining than I imagined.

I don't know why in the world I didn't exercise on the playground before. It makes so much sense. Duh.

Then I walked 10K steps. I'm on my spring break this week and April is about to start so I thought this would be a great time to finally get back to exercising.

I hope I can sustain it. I'm fully vaccinated but still wary of the gym. Since I like to work out hard in the gym it just sounds miserable wearing a mask and not wearing a mask, well, that's not ideal either. I really miss the gym but am glad it's getting warmer out.

I've missed you all. I feel like during the pandemic I've kind of gone into a state of being a catatonic worker. Always so much to do and sleep so off.

Here's to the spring, exercisers! We got this!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping

Last edited by nycfem; 03-30-2021 at 07:59 PM.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2021, 08:16 PM   #5143
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Another great day exercising. I did 10K steps in the Park and 30 min of weights and ground exercises on the playground. The playground is working out so well.

I had one of the usual annoying middle-aged, fat girl moments where I was deep into my yoga-type stretching (on the astro turf) and so I'm doing deep breathing with my eyes closed in my perfect headspace and then I hear,

"Are you okay?"

"Are you okay?"

"Are you okay?"

The anticipated response is, "Help, I'm middle aged and fat and I can't get up!" Then the person could say, "Don't worry! I'll call 911! Don't move."

Instead I said, "Yes," in a neutral tone, as in "Yes, I'm okay." And she nodded, a youngish white woman. Her duty was done. In these instances, I really just want to get back to my workout which I time.

I'm wearing a sweat suit, and I have two dumbbells next to me. Maybe she didn't see them. Or they didn't count. It reminds me of being younger and getting asked all the time if I'm pregnant.

The other thing is I'm not on the ground for a long time. I do a routine where I'm jumping up and down a lot, so you have to catch me in a 30 second timeframe to worry about me on the astroturf.

I liked it better yesterday when the baby kept approaching me and needing to be reeled back in by the mom.

It's supposed to rain for the next two days, so I'm happy I got in these two days.

I spoke with someone on the phone today who told me it's better to do 10 minutes of exercise here and there. Does anyone know how many times I've heard this? My heart and soul have always liked a long intense workout. I'm not against throwing in the ten minute thing... but I'm just saying I have this told to me too often.

Last night I could not fall asleep even after getting tons of exercise early in the day, not having exercised at all in six months! I had to take a sleeping pill! So today I tried taking my medication at noon to see if that has any effect.

The sun felt so good today. I have a spot on the playground / astroturf away from the equipment obviously- that gets perfect sun, and I can look up at the trees swaying in the breeze. The trees are so tall- I feel like I'm amidst California Redwoods! They amaze me. I never think of trees as that tall, especially in New York City. But there they are, quietly being that tall.

Thanks for listening, and hope to hear of others ventures in exercise (and maybe some complaining to boot!).

How do I... ?
Old 03-30-2021, 08:37 PM   #5144
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

You've been missed greatly, nycfem, and your post made me smile because since I've have met you and know your voice, I could hear you in your own voice.

I don't know if I have any complaints to share about, exercise wise, but I can share than although I am 5 years post- work related accident, I am having what I think is deterioration of my right hip joint and a blown knee cap which never got the attention of my worker's comp physician. It's not worth complaining about, but I am worried that I will need to see an orthopedic doctor, which will lead to me needing to get a hip replacement and possibly a knee replacement too. Not afraid to do it, but afraid that I won't have the right kind of health insurance to cover the majority of the cost. I'm sure it will be more than I can afford. It's worrisome.

I am doing better at enduring bicycle rides. I can't cycle the way I did before when I rode 11 miles, in one hour, to get to work. But one of the interesting things about trying to bicycle to work now is that there are hardly any bicycle lanes for bicyclists, going into town from where I live now. LOL. Or not. If I could bicycle like I used to over 5 years ago, it would be no big deal, but I'm not the same as I was back then. I guess that might be a complaint, right?

Thanks for sharing tonight, nycfem.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2021, 11:54 PM   #5145
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

3 days in a row over my spring break of meeting my exercise goals. Today was another 10K steps in the park and a half hour of weight lifting & groud exercises on the playground.

Tomorrow I really need to take an unwanted break because I have so much catching up on paper work to do! Soooo sucks!

I want to just frolic in the forest! People manage to get their work done and not work over spring break but not me! I have a ton of shit to get done!

On a positive note, no one bothered me on the playground today. It was drizzling which helped. It was off-putting to families, that it seemed about to start to rain. But to me, it was just nice that it wasn't pouring

How do I... ?
Old 04-01-2021, 01:21 AM   #5146
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I went walking at a leisurely for about a mile and a half today.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2021, 06:04 AM   #5147
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,089 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Y’all inspired me to get on the bike this morning. Thank you!

I rode 4.0 miles in 20 mins

It was easier than I thought it would be. I watched one of my riding videos of the old neighborhood and had a nice ride.

One of my “assumed constraints” is to think I need to have a cardio workout each time I ride. I have to keep telling myself that I don’t need a good cardio workout every day. What I need most is to keep exercising my knees and everything else is icing on the cake for now.

I’ll add arm rolls and crunches soon enough.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2021, 06:49 AM   #5148
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Had a nice and easy ride this morning while watching the local news.

This week I slowly got back into the saddle by

– riding 27 miles for 1h 23m
– doing 360 arm rolls

And I managed to gain a couple pounds but it's been a weird week. It will all work out soon.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2021, 08:04 AM   #5149
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had an okay ride this morning. Am in the process of changing my exercise playlist so the ride wasn't as smooth as usual.

This week I:

– rode 29.5 miles for 1h 4m
– did 160 arm rolls

This week's numbers are low compared to my numbers last year, but that's cool because every week doesn't have to have high numbers. I'm good as long as I have some numbers.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2021, 09:50 PM   #5150
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm still getting in tons of steps most days. Not yesterday, though. It snowed like the dickens out there so I stayed inside most of the day.

I'm in the middle of another plateau currently. I've ordered some home exercise equipment that I can use when I don't go to the gym, which is pretty much all the time now. I check the window when I pass by and it's far too crowded for my taste. Maybe soon.

Currently, I'm at 12,970 steps, 4.09 miles, 823.5 calories burned and 98 minutes of straight walking time.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-23-2021, 09:11 AM   #5151
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

I have been really bad about working out the last week or so because I've been so stressed at work. Today I made a priority to at least spend 20 minutes on my rowing machine.

I feel so much better. Just another reminder, that despite the stress, I need to take time to care for myself.
Old 04-24-2021, 06:15 AM   #5152
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had an okay ride this morning and a couple okay rides this week. I have some sore muscles from moving furniture and boxes and haven't been keen on riding.

This week I:

– rode 9.1 miles for 44m
– did 100 arm rolls

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2021, 03:56 PM   #5153
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I've been doing well with my steps daily and I'm now teetering on the edge of 50lbs lost since September so that's made me a happy girl for sure.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-26-2021, 06:00 AM   #5154
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I've been doing well with my steps daily and I'm now teetering on the edge of 50lbs lost since September so that's made me a happy girl for sure.
Way to go, Gemme, that's not an easy feat! Proud of you, happy for you, and inspired by you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2021, 09:24 AM   #5155
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had an okay ride this morning and some okay rides this week.

This week I:

– rode 15.2 miles for 73m
– did 50 arm rolls

I gained a few pounds and can feel it in my ride. That's okay. I'll get back on track soon.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2021, 10:53 AM   #5156
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Way to go, Gemme, that's not an easy feat! Proud of you, happy for you, and inspired by you.

Thanks! The 50 lb mark is being a little shy right now but I expect to greet it warmly soon.

Quote:
Had an okay ride this morning and some okay rides this week.

This week I:

– rode 15.2 miles for 73m
– did 50 arm rolls

I gained a few pounds and can feel it in my ride. That's okay. I'll get back on track soon.

The most important thing is that you are still working it. I have a 5lb range that I slide up and down regularly so don't let a couple of sneaky pounds sway you. You got this!

I still haven't replaced the battery on my pedometer. The compartment requires a teeeeeeeny tiny Phillips head to open it up to get to the button lithium battery. If one came with the pedometer, I don't recall. It's been a year and a half on one battery so I don't think that's bad at all.

I'm still walking about the same amount daily; I just can't verify that for sure or gauge the distance and calorie usage.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2021, 06:44 AM   #5157
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had an okay ride this morning to my slow music play list.

This week's numbers are:

– rode 20.9 miles for 1h 12m
– did 180 arm rolls

Hoping everyone has a good exercise week.

Old 05-15-2021, 12:25 PM   #5158
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had a good ride this morning to my medium-speed music play list. My high was 15.9 MPH.

Am still not enjoying riding as much as last year, but I think it'll be better after I settle in.

This week's numbers are:

– rode 25.2 miles for 1.9 hrs
– did 310 arm rolls

Old 05-15-2021, 09:42 PM   #5159
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I finally got back into the gym and people are still idiots.

Yesterday, I just did an easy breezy elliptical workout. 157 calories burned, 1.39 miles, 17:56 pace, 25 minutes.

Today, I pulled up some courses to watch and accidentally clocked my time for an hour so I decided what the Hell and let it ride. 431 calories burned, 3.97 miles, 16:20 pace, 65 minutes.

As if that wasn't enough, I went back to the incline bench and worked my abs for about 10 minutes. They are TIGHT right now, which means I'm in for a world of hurt when I wake up tomorrow.

My goal is to go tomorrow night too and get into a weekend warrior kind of thing. We'll see how it goes.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2021, 10:44 AM   #5160
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,131 Times in 3,011 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Had an okay ride this morning. Am in the process of changing my exercise playlist so the ride wasn't as smooth as usual.

This week I:

– rode 29.5 miles for 1h 4m
– did 160 arm rolls

This week's numbers are low compared to my numbers last year, but that's cool because every week doesn't have to have high numbers. I'm good as long as I have some numbers.

29.5 miles in an hour? Damn!

Yesterday I rode my bike 15 miles. Headed out shortly and shooting for 20.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights