Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > Words Games, Quizzes, Etc.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:24 AM   #241
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Understand a difficult problem or an enigmatic person after much thought. I also believe it's some measure of water if I'm not mistaken.

new word........laudatory
I believe that this term describes those types of situations or actions, which deserve praise, commendation for excellence of thought, etc.

New Word (it's cousin, perhaps???) -->>>>> Valorous

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:29 AM   #242
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I believe that this term describes those types of situations or actions, which deserve praise, commendation for excellence of thought, etc.

New Word (it's cousin, perhaps???) -->>>>> Valorous
Valor is a word for courage.

new word.....brouhaha
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:37 AM   #243
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Valor is a word for courage.

new word.....brouhaha
Ha Ha!!!! Would you believe that the first time I ever heard this word was in the movie My Girl ???? Dan Ackroyd and Jamie Lee Curtis .....while having their 4th of July picnic in the yard behind the mortuary family home???? Her ex husband shows up and Dan and her ex have an massive brouhaha, in fact he uses this term to describe their fight. I LOVE that movie so much.....I've got the DVD on my dining room table.

New Word: Lexicon

_____ ______
Old 01-16-2018, 10:42 AM   #244
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Ha Ha!!!! Would you believe that the first time I ever heard this word was in the movie My Girl ???? Dan Ackroyd and Jamie Lee Curtis .....while having their 4th of July picnic in the yard behind the mortuary family home???? Her ex husband shows up and Dan and her ex have an massive brouhaha, in fact he uses this term to describe their fight. I LOVE that movie so much.....I've got the DVD on my dining room table.

New Word: Lexicon
The vocabulary of a person, language, or branch of knowledge.

new word........orotundity
Old 01-16-2018, 10:59 AM   #245
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
The vocabulary of a person, language, or branch of knowledge.

new word........orotundity
YOu have an AMAZINGLY very large vocabulary......by chance are you an national puzzle solving champion????

I've never heard of that word, so when I looked it up I found out it was of LATIN origin.... (COLLETTE digs Latin words!):

Primarily it means that an voice or an delivery of speech might be a time or place where we actually hear an deep resonance of vocalizations....that is an awkward explanation, but as an example, think of the voice of Walter Cronkite and you've got orotundity ....

If by chance you have watched Larry Crowne (Tom hanks & Julia Roberts movie), you'll get a great example of this as Tom Hanks builds his repertoire for speech delivery or even so, you'll crack up watching George Takei in his role as an economics professor, hee hee hee

New Word (because it sounds similar): Rotunda

_____ ______
Old 01-16-2018, 11:08 AM   #246
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
YOu have an AMAZINGLY very large vocabulary......by chance are you an national puzzle solving champion????

I've never heard of that word, so when I looked it up I found out it was of LATIN origin.... (COLLETTE digs Latin words!):

Primarily it means that an voice or an delivery of speech might be a time or place where we actually hear an deep resonance of vocalizations....that is an awkward explanation, but as an example, think of the voice of Walter Cronkite and you've got orotundity ....

If by chance you have watched Larry Crowne (Tom hanks & Julia Roberts movie), you'll get a great example of this as Tom Hanks builds his repertoire for speech delivery or even so, you'll crack up watching George Takei in his role as an economics professor, hee hee hee

New Word (because it sounds similar): Rotunda

large domed circular room

New Word: pineal
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:09 AM   #247
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I have always loved words. Whenever I hear one, I try and jot it down.

Rotunda......

A round building or room, especially one with a dome. The always seem to call the state capitol building a rotunda I've noticed

new word...........gambol
Old 01-16-2018, 11:16 AM   #248
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I have always loved words. Whenever I hear one, I try and jot it down.

Rotunda......

A round building or room, especially one with a dome. The always seem to call the state capitol building a rotunda I've noticed

new word...........gambol
to skip about as in play

New Word: render
Old 01-16-2018, 11:17 AM   #249
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
large domed circular room

New Word: pineal
A pea-sized conical mass of tissue behind the third ventricle of the brain, secreting a hormonelike substance in some mammals.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:19 AM   #250
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
to skip about as in play

New Word: render
A performance of a piece of music or drama.

new word.......shenanigans
Old 01-16-2018, 11:35 AM   #251
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

Quote:
A performance of a piece of music or drama.

new word.......shenanigans
good hearted jokes or prank (Irish origin)

New Word : settee
Old 01-16-2018, 11:40 AM   #252
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
good hearted jokes or prank (Irish origin)

New Word : settee
A small sofa type piece of furniture to sit upon in the parlor in olden days!

new word......wash-woman
Old 01-16-2018, 11:49 AM   #253
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

Quote:
A small sofa type piece of furniture to sit upon in the parlor in olden days!

new word......wash-woman
a woman hired to perform laundry, dry, iron, starch, and hang clothing

New Word: butler
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2018, 11:53 AM   #254
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

washwoman:

a term used to describe a woman (and in some cases, a man), who consistently spreads gossip.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:22 PM   #255
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

Quote:
washwoman:

a term used to describe a woman (and in some cases, a man), who consistently spreads gossip.
Merriam-Webster
A woman who washes clothes for a living; a laundress
Old 01-16-2018, 04:04 PM   #256
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
washwoman:

I wonder if this is an regional term or euphemism, homoe????

I didn't see your new word, so I'll kick off our New Word Game (by BFP member Tucker) with two new words: one for you and one for you .... (that's two )

Homoe's New Word: Realities

_____ ______
Old 01-16-2018, 04:09 PM   #257
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
I wonder if this is an regional term or euphemism, homoe????

I didn't see your new word, so I'll kick off our New Word Game (by BFP member Tucker) with two new words: one for you and one for you .... (that's two )

Homoe's New Word: Realities
Realities is an exquisite perfume offering by Liz Claiborne....it's homoe's favorite scent on an woman..... **** HOOOO-HA!!!*****

(Scent of a Woman, film reference)

New Word (for homoe): Homo

_____ ______
Old 01-16-2018, 07:31 PM   #258
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

General Game---For Anyone

Definition: any player

New Word: enterococci
Old 01-17-2018, 12:59 AM   #259
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Merriam-Webster
A woman who washes clothes for a living; a laundress
Yes correct I just wanted to add another definition as well...your's was correct indeed
Old 01-17-2018, 01:03 AM   #260
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Realities is an exquisite perfume offering by Liz Claiborne....it's homoe's favorite scent on an woman..... **** HOOOO-HA!!!*****

(Scent of a Woman, film reference)

New Word (for homoe): Homo

Now movies quotes are crossing threads............