Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-03-2011, 05:47 AM   #61
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,223 Times in 478 Posts
femmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputation

You can make a Peruvian style hat by adding ear-flaps, it is really easy to do without pattern, particularly in crochet!

Elle*
And your heart, as it was then, will be on fire.

Anna Akhmatova "White nights"
femmennoir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to femmennoir For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2011, 07:10 AM   #62
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmennoir View Post
You can make a Peruvian style hat by adding ear-flaps, it is really easy to do without pattern, particularly in crochet!

Elle*

talk to me.....
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #63
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Yes I want a hat pattern probably going to look tomorrow for one..
Old 01-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #64
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
Hiya!

how about something like this?
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter09/PATTshroom.php
Awww thanks Ami!! That's a great pattern.... it's knit, though, and I have to crochet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_girl View Post
talk to me.....
I frogged back my first hat attempt today *sigh* had to start all over again. But this time I'm using two strands of yarn and a bigger hook, so it's going faster.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #65
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
Awww thanks Ami!! That's a great pattern.... it's knit, though, and I have to crochet.

I frogged back my first hat attempt today *sigh* had to start all over again. But this time I'm using two strands of yarn and a bigger hook, so it's going faster.
would love to crochet but no car to get supplies it has to go to the shop well dealer to get looked at so sad..
Old 01-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #66
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Awww bummer, Gail! Hope it's an easy quick cheap fix and that you're soon on your way with no more problems!
Old 01-07-2011, 04:26 PM   #67
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
Awww bummer, Gail! Hope it's an easy quick cheap fix and that you're soon on your way with no more problems!
Oh thanks but it needs a new transmission at 3 years old too but under warranty so all is good I will get that crochet hook as soon as I can..
Old 01-23-2011, 05:20 AM   #68
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Just bumping this thread need to get crochet hooks to make the dog a blanket he sleeps on the floor a lot and its cold!!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:22 AM   #69
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstixgal View Post
Just bumping this thread need to get crochet hooks to make the dog a blanket he sleeps on the floor a lot and its cold!!
great idea!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:45 AM   #70
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

I'm bummed, was trying to crochet myself a wool hat, used a tight stitch and flared up my carpal tunnel pretty badly. Still waiting for the flare-up to die down so I can go back to crocheting doilies--guess I'll buy a hat! *rueful look*
Old 01-23-2011, 09:45 AM   #71
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

Right now I'm working on 2 pairs of socks: the first pair were supposed to be a Christmas present, the 2nd pair were going to be a birthday present (my sister saw the colour and immediately wanted them).
The 1st pair suffered from "second sock syndrome" - I just couldn't face working on another sock with all those tiny stitches and the heel turn which never looks good. So I didn't start it until after the new year. And I made the mistake of watching football - which meant I made a stupid mistake and had to rip out a lot of work!
The pair I started last night is with a different wool - - so I'm hoping I'll get more done before I get tired of it!
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:48 AM   #72
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

I tried to do knitting once... I nearly stabbed myself in the forehead with the needle...

Only easy afghans and scarves will give me any relaxation!

I wish the socks and hats came easy to me, but they dont
Old 01-23-2011, 10:00 AM   #73
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_girl View Post
I tried to do knitting once... I nearly stabbed myself in the forehead with the needle...

Only easy afghans and scarves will give me any relaxation!

I wish the socks and hats came easy to me, but they dont
Yes I agree knitting is hard I much rather crochet something and will do so once I get out of the snow and get hooks..for the dogs
Old 01-23-2011, 11:04 AM   #74
Nightshade

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:

Nightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryly View Post

The 1st pair suffered from "second sock syndrome" - I just couldn't face working on another sock with all those tiny stitches and the heel turn which never looks good. So I didn't start it until after the new year. And I made the mistake of watching football - which meant I made a stupid mistake and had to rip out a lot of work!
The pair I started last night is with a different wool - - so I'm hoping I'll get more done before I get tired of it!
Have you tried doing them both at once? For me it's the ONLY way. All my socks are done two at once toe up using Judy's Magic Cast On with a super easy, no wrap fleegle heel.
Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #75
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
Have you tried doing them both at once? For me it's the ONLY way. All my socks are done two at once toe up using Judy's Magic Cast On with a super easy, no wrap fleegle heel.

I have heard of this, but haven't tried it yet.

Am in the process of knitting my first pair of socks and am finding that it is much easier than I thought it would be. The first sock is almost done. I didn't think I would like the DPN and the small stitches but I am finding it very relaxing.
I am also working on a sweater for a friend.

anyway thanks for sharing the link!

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #76
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
Really two at once that must be hard and what is a magic cast?? INteresting!!
Old 01-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #77
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstixgal View Post
Really two at once that must be hard and what is a magic cast?? INteresting!!
her link explains it and it looks very doable and there are probably videos on youtube for it also!

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #78
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

Nightshade - thanks for the links. It looks interesting but I think I'll stick with the usual way for now. I get stressed out enough as it is - I can't imagine trying to do 2 at a time!
but I am sure I will try it at sometime in the future!

amiyesiam - I've done a few pairs but still not totally comfortable. Maybe it is because I am a self-taught knitter? A lot of stuff is trial and error - - but YouTube has been a big help!

lipstixgal - I find crochet difficult. I can never remember where the heck the hook goes on a double or treble crochet.

The socks I started last night are coming along nicely - - it is cuff down. I'm done the cuff so it is pretty easy for now - - at least I'll be able to watch football and not worry about stupid mistakes!
Old 01-23-2011, 03:06 PM   #79
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryly View Post
Nightshade - thanks for the links. It looks interesting but I think I'll stick with the usual way for now. I get stressed out enough as it is - I can't imagine trying to do 2 at a time!
but I am sure I will try it at sometime in the future!

amiyesiam - I've done a few pairs but still not totally comfortable. Maybe it is because I am a self-taught knitter? A lot of stuff is trial and error - - but YouTube has been a big help!

lipstixgal - I find crochet difficult. I can never remember where the heck the hook goes on a double or treble crochet.

The socks I started last night are coming along nicely - - it is cuff down. I'm done the cuff so it is pretty easy for now - - at least I'll be able to watch football and not worry about stupid mistakes!
Really you find crocheting difficult maybe I have been doing it for some time now so its not that hard for me. I did try knitting though and found it very difficult so maybe I need to try it again with bigger size needles and more practice...
Old 01-23-2011, 03:22 PM   #80
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

My sister crochets. She doesn't like knitting - but she will do it. She knitted up a bunch of scarves to give as Christmas presents.
I like knitting - I started on scarves, tried to make some kids sweaters. I want to do some more socks but then I think I'll attempt lace. If it works out then I might attempt the socks that Nightshade suggested.

Tags
crocheting, hobbies, knitting