Old 05-07-2017, 11:37 PM   #121
ClintB

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, questioning
Preferred Pronoun?:
Interested in your opinion
Relationship Status:
Downtrodden

ClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST Reputation

So I realized my post was problematic... I basically fed into a believe that queer people look a certain way and that femmes don't look not queer. Rather than delete it I'm gunna own up and leave it... I guess we all drink the koolaid from time to time.

It makes me think, I think I held a lot of femme stereotypes. I felt insecure because they look like girls I've spent my life being grouped with and feeling so apart from. I could bet hack the girl thing and I think for that reason I felt, maybe even still feel, uncomfortable. I also have the, "they are pretty, I am ugly" insecurities. Slowly I started dating them, I still feel different, but I'm learning they can find me desirable and that without the society BS the differences are enjoyable and not threatening.
ClintB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ClintB For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2017, 06:05 AM   #122
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 25,227 Times in 5,432 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintB View Post
I've been in both dynamics. I used to think I preferred butches only... it took a while for femmes to turn my head. Usually, I am the "softer" of the two. I think other butches are amazing and unique. If they weren't butch they were usually gender queer. I think I was really attracted to the queer aesthetic.

Femmes... it's so strange because I'm not really one who is that attracted to conventional beauty. So while I do see their attractiveness it doesn't really impact me the same. But recently I've gone crazy for them, and I'll tell you why. They really are like goddesses... damn if it isn't hot to watch them crush the world beneath their feet. The bitchier the better (using that in the best sense possible)... I love seeing a strong woman own some ignorant asshole. Their presence and strength is inspiring. I feel like I relax for once, because they got this shit.

But they make me hella nervous. Another butch I can just be frank. I'm all shy and twitchy around femmes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintB View Post
So I realized my post was problematic... I basically fed into a believe that queer people look a certain way and that femmes don't look not queer. Rather than delete it I'm gunna own up and leave it... I guess we all drink the koolaid from time to time.

It makes me think, I think I held a lot of femme stereotypes. I felt insecure because they look like girls I've spent my life being grouped with and feeling so apart from. I could bet hack the girl thing and I think for that reason I felt, maybe even still feel, uncomfortable. I also have the, "they are pretty, I am ugly" insecurities. Slowly I started dating them, I still feel different, but I'm learning they can find me desirable and that without the society BS the differences are enjoyable and not threatening.
I think your post was fine.

It seems to me like you are figuring out you are attracted to strong, assertive femmes (and may also match well with a femme who tends to be the more dominant one in the relationship). It seems like you have opened yourself up to seeing that the "power" in a person can come from a feminine place, not just a masculine place as we have been taught. Femme energy is extremely powerful in its own right, and when you match that with a assertive woman you will see the "hot" fireworks come out when they need to "handle shit". It is definitely different when you see it in a femme, rather than just a feminine woman. That is what you are being drawn to. Goddesses, indeed...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2017, 07:44 AM   #123
*Anya*
Intersectional Feminist

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 38,278 Times in 6,805 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

This is a hard world that we live in.

If we are lucky enough to find love anywhere; I think that we should take it.

No one gets to walk in our shoes but ourselves.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.

Desmond Tutu~
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2017, 10:27 PM   #124
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 22,865 Times in 7,373 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
This is a hard world that we live in.

If we are lucky enough to find love anywhere; I think that we should take it.

No one gets to walk in our shoes but ourselves.
I love this post, especially the last part of no one gets to walk in our shoes but ourselves!
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2017, 09:08 PM   #125
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I joined a group for butch on butch, on Facebook a couple days ago. I like it so far, I'm just glad to see like minded folks, of sorts.
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2017, 10:20 PM   #126
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,565 Times in 784 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

I just stumbled upon this thread. Looking forward to getting caught up on previous posts.

For some reason... I've been getting approached by butches lately. Its always awkward to convey to someone (subtlety or directly) that you're not interested. It feels even more so to tell someone that it's because they're butch. It feels a bit like shutting someone down before they even get out the gate. I don't like how that feels or sounds.

I like the femme energy ... and all that comes with it... that is opposite to my own masculine energy. The Ying and Yang that I find in butch/femme relationships.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:31 PM   #127
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I just stumbled upon this thread. Looking forward to getting caught up on previous posts.

For some reason... I've been getting approached by butches lately. Its always awkward to convey to someone (subtlety or directly) that you're not interested. It feels even more so to tell someone that it's because they're butch. It feels a bit like shutting someone down before they even get out the gate. I don't like how that feels or sounds.

I like the femme energy ... and all that comes with it... that is opposite to my own masculine energy. The Ying and Yang that I find in butch/femme relationships.
So you are saying that you don't think a butch/butch can be a ying/yang deal?
Old 05-27-2017, 10:52 PM   #128
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,565 Times in 784 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

I think I'm saying... I've not met a butch that had the complimentary ... which has always been opposite energy .. that I dig.

No doubt there can be different types of Ying/Yang between two people. And no doubt some people dig Ying/Ying or Yang/Yang. I've just not experienced any combination that has led me towards butch women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
So you are saying that you don't think a butch/butch can be a ying/yang deal?
Old 05-28-2017, 08:03 AM   #129
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I think I'm saying... I've not met a butch that had the complimentary ... which has always been opposite energy .. that I dig.

No doubt there can be different types of Ying/Yang between two people. And no doubt some people dig Ying/Ying or Yang/Yang. I've just not experienced any combination that has led me towards butch women.
I understand what you mean, however not all butches ID as women.
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2017, 12:27 AM   #130
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Single

Anyone else open to this? I am curious to see the ratio of butch/butch to butch/femme!
Old 12-30-2017, 03:47 AM   #131
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,119 Times in 445 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

A few weeks ago a butch lesbian flirted with me..I felt nothing.She had short hair and no makeup and was wearing a flannel shirt,blue jeans and dr martens..basically what I wear sometimes.She had a deep voice(probably from smoking) and really beautiful deep blue eyes.Still it did nothing for me.She works at a local gas station and is always trying to give me free jo jo potatoes with my chicken order.

Now if she were a lipstick lesbian,i'd be at her mercy.
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote