Old 12-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

Inuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST Reputation
Default Do You Have Any Holiday Traditons?

I thought it would be nice to see what other people have for traditions over the holiday season.

Mine is pretty basic. I only make or buy presents for a very limited amount of people (was 5 this year), $$ being limited etc. So when I would like to do something for a co worker or someone Im not really close with but feel I would like to do something for them, I find out if they have dogs and make their dogs homemade treats/cookies.
I always ask first because I know some dogs are on special diets or their humans dont want them to have any type of treats(My dog would revolt!).
Its fun its easy and it gets me in the Holiday mood when sometimes I just dont want to be
I made the dog cookies today. The recipe I use is SO simple (trust me I hate to cook) and its not a huge mess to clean.

So what are your traditons?
Old 12-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

We have a bunch of family traditions but the one my children love the most is....Christmas Breakfast..... Fresh made belgian waffles, strawberries, and home made whipped cream......We all get up in the morning and while I cook the xmas breakfast ( the fire company is used to their annual call to our house) the kids (youngest is now 18 and they still do it) play with the little toys in their stockings....then after breakfast we open our gifts,,,one gift at a time, one person at a time...(takes hours with this big family).

My favorite tradition is before Christmas we go and get a bunch of those Christmas wish tags...that some banks and stores have so you can get presents for little kids whose parents are going thru a difficult financial time. It is so much fun to buy for kids....even with all the kids we have... and now granchild.....
It always makes the holdiay time special, wife and I set aside a day without any of our kids or work and go present shopping for our wish kids....then come home and wrap them all up as fancy as we can, and slip in lots of extra's and then take them to the bank or store and drop them off. We feel like Santa and Mrs Claus...and have been doing it for 28 years now.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
mouthy but adorable; kinky Gerbera
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

daisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default just a few...

Every year, I send out Christmas cards to my best friends & those I love. I really enjoy doing it--it may sound silly, but I really adore writing person notes in each one of them!

Decorating the Xmas tree with Mom is always one of the highlights; since Christmas is her favorite holiday, I have a blast making her happy.

Oh, and this year, I had the wonderful experience of cooking Thanksgiving dinner for my Honey--I hope this becomes a regular tradition

Hold on to the lessons, let go of the pain.
--Leslie Feinberg
daisygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daisygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 04:09 PM   #4
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

festivus: we air our grievances at xmas dinner.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 05:32 PM   #5
Hudson

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.

Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation

festivus/fistacuffs

I've enjoyed a good punch or two.

No, not to drink!

Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:06 PM   #6
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,849 Times in 510 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post

I used to have lots of traditions, but I've set most all of them all by the wayside. I do still ship off about 20 lb of home-baked cookies and quick breads to my family.

I mostly just hope that January gets here soon.
MsDemeanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:33 PM   #7
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I did not grow up with a heavy holiday tradition. Once I became a teenager, if the tree went up, it was because I put it up. Christmas was just not a big deal.

So, when I married, my 'new family' introduced me to just how wonderful Christmas could be. It was amazing! The food.....the gifts.....the deocrations.....

And I kept that alive after the marriage.....my girls each had their own tree growing up, along with our family tree.....we had favorite dishes which were expected on the table ~ Aunt Olive's Raspberry Surprise, my former mother~in~law's dressing, corn pudding........stockings filled with all manner of things, from nuts to stationary,to silly things......and special ornaments for each of us each year ~ some I made.

This year will be interesting as my "baby" won't be coming home for Christmas this year. But that tree is up, by God!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post

I used to have lots of traditions, but I've set most all of them all by the wayside. I do still ship off about 20 lb of home-baked cookies and quick breads to my family.

I mostly just hope that January gets here soon.
i could send you my address if any of those happen to be chewy oatmeal. i'll send it twice if they have walnuts.

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #9
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
This year we're adding the Feats of Strength at our house!
Old 12-14-2009, 08:23 PM   #10
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

We set up the tree at thanksgiving, we go to one of my wife's family for dinner, mine have passed. There is almost always a political conversation, that goes nowhere.
We dance beneath the tree, hard to do, but we accomplish it anyway.
We put gifts under the tree, the cat plays with the tree skirt til she gets told she's banned from doing so, doesn't stop her but slows her down a mite.
We have the holiday music going.
She bakes tons of goodies.
Ahhhhhh life is good.
There is more, but my wife gets her turn.

"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post: