Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 05-16-2019, 08:25 PM   #4401
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 30,420 Times in 5,784 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Lugging groceries up three flights of stairs is a pretty big chore, if you ask me. I can barely carry one bag, let alone three. I usually have to go one bag at a time, which carries over into going up and down the stairs multiple times.

That's an excellent work-out, in my mind.

Three cheers for you, CCB.
Thank you! I'm trying to do little things where I can, but I am having a very hard time starting a regular exercise routine.

I don't think couch to 5k is for me because I really don't want to run. I have arthritis and I'd rather do something lower impact. The gym is not an option because our car is dying. So it's between walking and YouTube videos.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

candy_coated_bitch is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2019, 07:28 PM   #4402
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,118 Times in 6,767 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

well....

interestingly enough I accidentally started week 2 of the C25k.

It consists of 90 seconds running followed by 2 minutes walking. I actually found it easier and was ready to run before the 2 minutes were up. Very odd.

My breathing is the main reason for my lack of progression. I'm trying breathing exercises to expand my lung capacity ( I have always had bad lungs, having had childhood asthma and being prone to respiratory infections; I attribute it to living with smokers almost the entirety of my life) This seems to actually be helping.

I don't feel the endorphins till after I'm done. But they are fanfriggintastic.

cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2019, 08:31 PM   #4403
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 30,420 Times in 5,784 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I did a little walking today.

candy_coated_bitch is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 07:28 PM   #4404
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 19,570 Times in 4,644 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Today is Sunday, May 19th, and I exercised for the first time this month. I have had a whole to-do with iron vitamins that made me sick. My dad suggested I test my hematocrit and it was a little low (nothing shocking), so on my own I decided to take extra iron. I already get 18 mg per day (the recommended dose for women) in my multivitamin but I'm vegetarian x decades so I always try to look out for anemia. Anyway, I started taking one 65 mg iron pill per day without food. It made me nauseous but I just persisted on. Then I guess it built up in my system and I started having horrible stomach problems that were hard to get rid of, very severe cramps. Such a nightmare. I went off all my vitamins (I also had been taking B12 and Vitamin D with no problems.). I did that because I think my stomach needs to heal from the iron. Oh, it's been quite a disaster.

Anyway, when I arrived at the gym I was really tired. I sat and read a NY Times article and ate an apple. I talked to La La. She was wearing a bikini and had been sunning herself on the roof. She asked where I'd been, and I told her my story. Somehow getting up and chatting with her energized me a bit, so I went and did my stairmaster, a less stringent routine.

Levels 9 down to 1, repeated for 15 minutes, 30 seconds each level.
Levels 9 down to 1, repeated for 3 minutes, 15 seconds each level.
Then I was exhausted and went rogue, keeping it on Levels 1-3 depending on how I felt. My heart rate was in the 160's, and I didn't want it to get higher so it worked out well. I did the stair master 35 minutes total.

Then I did 30 minutes on the weight floor. It was all men on the weight floor. It was a beautiful day. Everyone was presumably outside. It was also kind of late, dinner time.

I'm glad to be back at the gym and hope I don't have any more setbacks.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:

nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights