Old 05-20-2019, 11:25 AM   #3801
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Huawei

Huawei is sold in Canada, and while its market share is very small here in Canada, all those who bought Huawei here will have a problem loading Google updates, or having access to Gmail, etc. in the future, as "Google has confirmed that it will cease allowing Huawei to use its version of Android, instead requiring the Chinese giant to rely on the Android Open Source Project if it wants to use the platform. ... Future Huawei phones will be without Google services."

All this just after Trump ordered Huawei to be put on its blacklist... I do not think this has anything to do with security issues but has more to do with American financial interests - the escalating trade war between USA and China.

I have no idea what will happen with Apple phones, since Apple phones are made in China!

I own a Samsung.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2019, 12:10 PM   #3802
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

CNN: Mount Everest death toll rises to 11 amid overcrowding concerns
Another mountaineer has died after summiting Mount Everest, bringing the death toll for the 2019 climbing season to 11 people. American attorney Christopher John Kulish, 62, died on Monday after reaching the top of Everest on the Nepalese side of the mountain in the morning, Meera Acharya, the Director of Nepal's Tourism Department told CNN.

Mountaineers have suggested difficult weather conditions, a lack of experience and the growing commercialization of expeditions as contributing factors to the backlog. British climber Robin Haynes Fisher was one of those who had warned of the dangers of overcrowding.

"With a single route to the summit, delays caused by overcrowding could prove fatal so I am hopeful my decision to go for the 25th will mean fewer people. Unless of course everyone else plays the same waiting game," he wrote in a captioned Instagram post on May 19.

He died after suffering from what appeared to be altitude sickness at 8,600 meters (28,215 feet), while returning from the summit on Saturday.

During the week beginning May 20, crowds of climbers became stuck in a queue to the summit, above the mountain's highest camp at 8,000 meters (26,247 feet). The summit of Mount Everest is 8,848 meters (29,029 feet) high.

Most people can only spend a matter of minutes at the summit without extra oxygen supplies, and the area where mountaineers have been delayed is known to many as the "death zone."

Mountain guide Adrian Ballinger told CNN many see Everest as the "ultimate challenge" but the problem he has seen is the "lower level of experience of the climbers trying to come here and also of the companies that are trying to offer services on the mountain."

He continued, "That lack of experience, both with the commercial operators and the climbers themselves, is causing these images we see where people make bad decisions, get themselves in trouble up high and end up having unnecessary fatalities."

Ballinger explained that seasoned climbers call any part of the mountain above 26,000 feet "the death zone," adding that "humans just really aren't meant to exist there."

"Even when using bottled oxygen, supplemental oxygen, there's only a very few number of hours that we can actually survive up there before our bodies start to shut down. So that means if you get caught in a traffic jam above 26,000 feet ... the consequences can be really severe," he added.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:53 AM   #3803
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

‘Walking over bodies’: mountaineers describe carnage on Everest
An experienced mountaineer has described the “death, carnage and chaos” at the top of Mount Everest as climbers pushed past bodies to reach the world’s highest summit.

The death toll on the mountain grew to 11 in the past day after an American doctor was killed while descending from the peak. It emerged also that an Australian climber was discovered unconscious but had survived after being transported downhill on the back of a yak.

Elia Saikaly, a film-maker, reached Hillary Step, the final stage before the summit, on the morning of 23 May, where he said the sunrise revealed the lifeless body of another climber. With little choice at that altitude but to keep moving, his team – including Joyce Azzam, the first Lebanese woman to climb the world’s “Seven Summits” – made it to the peak a short time later.

“I cannot believe what I saw up there,” Saikaly said of the last hours of his climb in a post on Instagram. “Death. Carnage. Chaos. Lineups. Dead bodies on the route and in tents at camp 4. People who I tried to turn back who ended up dying. People being dragged down. Walking over bodies. Everything you read in the sensational headlines all played out on our summit night.”

This year’s Everest climbing season is so far the fourth deadliest on record, with mountaineers blaming poor weather, inexperienced climbers and a record number of permits issued by the Nepalese government, which, along with a rule that every climber has to be accompanied by a sherpa, led to there being more than 820 people trying to reach the summit.

“There were 200-plus climbers making their way to the summit,” Saikaly told the Guardian of his ascent. “I came across a deceased climber … that person’s body was fixed to an anchor point between two safety lines and every single person that was climbing towards the summit had to step over that human being.
i am posting about this again because i am really disturbed by this situation!

i think it is dumb to want to climb Mount Everest! I understand that it used to be a big achievement, but when you have to wait in a line of 200 people to get there? How is that unique or special anymore?

They are lining up at the elevation known as the "Death Zone."
if climbers want to summit Mount Everest, the tallest peak in the world at 29,029 feet (8,848 meters or 5.5 miles) above sea level, they have to brave what's known as "The Death Zone" — the altitude above 8,000 meters where there is so little oxygen that the body starts to die, minute by minute and cell by cell.
You are actually in the process of dying for every second you stay above 8k! And you are spending those seconds waiting in a line of 200 people!

I understand maybe in the 20th century, having summitted Everest was a cool accomplishment to have. But not when 200 people already beat you there THAT DAY.

And it sounds like people turn into monsters up there! They put themselves in a life-or-death situation and use the situation as an excuse not to help people dying in front of them, then just climb over the bodies.

It's just so metaphorical...for something
Old 05-29-2019, 07:36 AM   #3804
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,369 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I totally agree.

The place is a litter pile. This year before climbing season began, tons of garbage was removed, including older corpses.

I respect adventure sports, but most of these folks are not alpinists. They just have a spare $50,000 and the need to have stories to tell to their vapid peers. Hell, they don't have to learn anything. They just have to put in the time to acclimate. It takes no skill beyond the ability to stay upright.

It's about the money for the outfitters. It's one thing when an avalanche kills a bunch of climbers, but when they die because the line is too long???? It's way out of control.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:08 PM   #3805
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default "Trump's 'warrior,' press secretary Sarah Sanders, is leaving the White House".

WASHINGTON — President Trump announced on Thursday that his press secretary, Sarah Sanders, will be leaving the White House at the end of the month.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2019, 06:44 PM   #3806
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
WASHINGTON — President Trump announced on Thursday that his press secretary, Sarah Sanders, will be leaving the White House at the end of the month.
She hasn’t had a press conference in so long, I thought she was already gone!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2019, 07:31 PM   #3807
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,264 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
She hasn’t had a press conference in so long, I thought she was already gone!
Seems her children need her at home.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 06:56 PM   #3808
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

If she runs for Governor of Arkansas, she just might win.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:00 PM   #3809
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation
Default Wondering...

if/could/would should WalMart have some corp donations to her 2023 campaign?

Ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2019, 08:57 PM   #3810
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrainbow View Post
if/could/would should WalMart have some corp donations to her 2023 campaign?

Ks-
You know they would. Crazy motherfuckers, all of them.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:12 PM   #3811
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
You know they would. Crazy motherfuckers, all of them.
I do not partake of their products:

https://www.hayspost.com/2019/06/17/...-tree-disease/

Ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2019, 11:51 AM   #3812
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

One would think... or maybe it's just me... that summiting Everest would have lost a lot of its prestige considering damn near any joker with money can now do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
Mountain guide Adrian Ballinger told CNN many see Everest as the "ultimate challenge" but the problem he has seen is the "lower level of experience of the climbers trying to come here and also of the companies that are trying to offer services on the mountain."
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2019, 03:55 PM   #3813
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Supreme Court to hear appeal in Bridgegate case...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/28/polit...eal/index.html

I'll be keeping a close eye on this come October!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2019, 09:19 AM   #3814
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

Default Epstein found dead

Jeffrey Epstein was found dead in his cell this morning, an apparent suicide by hanging.

He was in a suicide prevention cell with 24-hour monitoring, and a tranche of documents was released yesterday that was very bad news for Prince Andrew.

I am suspicious!

And worried for the victims! Does this mean there won't be a trial, now, and none of the evidence against Trump and Clinton, etc. will come out?
Old 08-10-2019, 10:21 AM   #3815
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Epstein

Quote:
Jeffrey Epstein was found dead in his cell this morning, an apparent suicide by hanging.

He was in a suicide prevention cell with 24-hour monitoring, and a tranche of documents was released yesterday that was very bad news for Prince Andrew.

I am suspicious!

And worried for the victims! Does this mean there won't be a trial, now, and none of the evidence against Trump and Clinton, etc. will come out?
Ya know, before I had done loads of meditation, and someone bad bit the dust, I would kinda make a fist pump, and say out loud, "Oh, wonderful, thank god!"; now, because of meditation, I no longer have such reactions, but I think that for the victims - that they will not have to go through the hell of testifying and bullying/cross-examination by zealous lawyers. I do not wish harm on anyone, but am relieved for the victims.

I agree with you re: being suspicious - too many powerful rich people involved in this messy case.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2019, 11:05 AM   #3816
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

It's all legal battle ~ as to the estate value and all assets ~ Those who used his services will be brought up in court and they will take the brunt for Epstein ~ it's going to bring a lot of shame and jail time on his so called associates. I am not buying the fact that this was a suicide that he did alone. $ paid out for turning their head , murder, tons of speculations .I wonder who is writing the movie already preceded by a book no doubt . The price of pain for the victims should come w/ future residuals . (((((( the young woman )))))) who were victimized by that pig, as young as 14 omg….
Old 08-10-2019, 11:39 AM   #3817
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default RE: Epstein (CNN coverage)

Jeffrey Epstein Indictment Is Tip of the Iceberg

The Op-Ed is authored by Elie Honig, CNN Legal Analyst. Honig was a former federal and state prosecutor. Video is imbedded in the article link, too (click on article title above).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2019, 06:31 PM   #3818
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

I am suspicious!

I'm not usually a big fan of conspiracy theories nor do I put much stock into them, but in this case I'd be willing to make an exception!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2019, 06:45 PM   #3819
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
It's all legal battle ~ as to the estate value and all assets ~ Those who used his services will be brought up in court and they will take the brunt for Epstein ~ it's going to bring a lot of shame and jail time on his so called associates. I am not buying the fact that this was a suicide that he did alone. $ paid out for turning their head , murder, tons of speculations .I wonder who is writing the movie already preceded by a book no doubt . The price of pain for the victims should come w/ future residuals . (((((( the young woman )))))) who were victimized by that pig, as young as 14 omg….
I totally agree ~ocean, someone without a doubt was paid to "look the other way"...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2019, 07:52 AM   #3820
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

Quote:

I am suspicious!

It came out yesterday that he was NOT on suicide watch
Had Jeffrey Epstein, inmate #76318-054, still been on suicide watch at the Metropolitan Correctional Center, regulations would have required him to remain under constant observation by trained “companion” inmates.

“They must be mature, reliable individuals who have credibility with both staff and inmates,” the regulations say of the companions, who are paid prison wages and rotate around the clock in shifts of no more than five hours so as to stay alert.

Regulations also would have required Epstein to be housed in a “suicide prevention room,” which “may not have fixtures or architectural features that would easily allow self-injury.”

[...] on July 29—six days after the incident that led to his placement on suicide watch and seems in hindsight to have more likely been an actual attempt to take his own life rather than a stunt resulting only in minor bruises around the neck—Epstein was deemed to be “no longer at imminent risk for suicide.”

[...]

Epstein was returned from the suicide prevention room to the Special Housing Unit, where he had been found lying prone on the floor of his cell last month. The SHU doubles as a discipline unit and as a refuge for inmates who fear for their safety in the general population, as Epstein reportedly did.

One difference for Epstein upon his return was the absence of a cellmate such as Nicholas Tartaglione, a ex-cop turned accused quadruple murderer. Tartaglione claims to have saved Epstein during the earlier possible attempt.

And there were no more inmate companions keeping watch.

Epstein was with just Epstein in a cell whose architectural priority was more security than suicide prevention.

A man who had acted in the outside world as if the rules did not apply to him was now left without the protection of prison rules that had been promulgated over the years to prevent incidents such as the suicide of mobster Louis Turra in 1980.

Tags
breaking news, news