Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #61
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
Yay! We're back online and I think I am finding out that my warrior is no longer able to shoot crossbows and such. On the upside, I am in the process of my pet battles (kinda weird, but ok)... and I am getting used to the new interfaces.

I know there was a place that told you what your toon can do, i.e. shoot, etc... can't seem to find that anymore.

We plan on slowly working our way back since we have to get used to playing again - but anyone on A52 (Horde players) please feel free to add me - Lilybit.

They got more literal for weapons. As a hunter I can only use crossbows/bows/guns. No staves anymore. I used to have a cool one. I finally got back to LFR (gave up on PVP for this exp but might use one of my alt hunters for that). I still need to get my rogue and ally character to 90 (a task I'm not looking forward to doing).

What I do like is that Raids are now soloable (good for getting those old raids done)

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #62
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
They got more literal for weapons. As a hunter I can only use crossbows/bows/guns. No staves anymore. I used to have a cool one. I finally got back to LFR (gave up on PVP for this exp but might use one of my alt hunters for that). I still need to get my rogue and ally character to 90 (a task I'm not looking forward to doing).

What I do like is that Raids are now soloable (good for getting those old raids done)
Good to know about the raids.

I just started a pandaran monk - SHOOSHIE. (Feel free to add)
Very different playing style, but I'm getting the hang of it. I am working her to do damage. I am conflicted between tank or damage, but I chose damage for now. I also just made my way to Org with her. HORDE BABY!!

My 85 warrior is sitting in the Jade Forest - it does not look easy to level up. It seems like it's going to be a long and tedious journey - but Mare and I have been having fun reacquainting ourselves with our toons.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:49 AM   #63
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thoughts and random blabberings...

I decided to take my monk into Arathi Basin. Wow, I got my panda ass handed to me. I miss my warrior. I might start a new panda warrior toon when Mare decides She wants to start Her own panda (probably going to be a rogue, She loves being "sneaky").

My WW monk is now a level 16. Even though it is a relatively easy toon to play, managing chi for optimum use is a bit tedious. So, maybe it's not that easy. I've tried playing other classes, but I seem to gravitate toward warriors. I'm not fond of leather or cloth wearers since they seem to die too easily for my taste - which is why I abandoned my mage and druid. I like mano-a-mano fighting - ranged fighters are a bit tough for me to grasp a handle on. I still have my hunter though - and am considering leveling her up if I don't get too into this panda thing.

The pet battles are interesting - and I love the fact that all toons share it. I snagged a little cub in the Barrens (appropriately named it Fangula). I know it's a common pet, but it's adorable and I felt bad for killing its momma. Now the little puss follows me around everywhere - he makes me smile. LOL, ugh. (God help me...)

Well, I did notice that A52 is not as friendly as I remember. The snarky remarks in trade never used to be so obnoxious. Trade chat has always been notorious for bullshit and trolling - but I did notice it got worse. Whatever. I rarely pay that much attention to it anyway.

I was happy to find that my guild didn't drop me considering we haven't been on for months. I would have been really disappointed if I lost my perks. They dropped one of my lowbies, but ehhhh - I use them as AH lackies anyway. I joined Soul Asylum when we transferred over and like them so far.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #64
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

So Mare and I decided we were bored with dailies and that of the like and wanted something different. She took the leap and started a worgen toon (ack). As much as I really don't like the idea of being Alliance, I'm actually having a bit of fun with the change of scenery. (That was up until we had to attack Lady Sylvanas and our hearts started to ache... our very first toons were undead and allegiances run strong through our veins, lol).

I'm hoping the next patch will provide a bit more variety. We finally exalted with Klaxxi (and a few others) and I thought that would never end. :/ I've heard that grinding valor points are going to be easier and I hope so. I've never been much for daily quests, so this has been quite the challenge.

What is everyone else up to in the game?

Old 02-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #65
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
So Mare and I decided we were bored with dailies and that of the like and wanted something different. She took the leap and started a worgen toon (ack). As much as I really don't like the idea of being Alliance, I'm actually having a bit of fun with the change of scenery. (That was up until we had to attack Lady Sylvanas and our hearts started to ache... our very first toons were undead and allegiances run strong through our veins, lol).

I'm hoping the next patch will provide a bit more variety. We finally exalted with Klaxxi (and a few others) and I thought that would never end. :/ I've heard that grinding valor points are going to be easier and I hope so. I've never been much for daily quests, so this has been quite the challenge.

What is everyone else up to in the game?

I'm trying to get my Tauren Hunter entirely into Epic gear. So this has meant doing a few of the dailies as well as trying to get into raids and the like. I still have Nat to finish off (geez.. worst. drop. rate. evah.) and then want to work on another hunter that I think I'd use nearly exclusively in PVP.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #66
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Quote:
I'm trying to get my Tauren Hunter entirely into Epic gear. So this has meant doing a few of the dailies as well as trying to get into raids and the like. I still have Nat to finish off (geez.. worst. drop. rate. evah.) and then want to work on another hunter that I think I'd use nearly exclusively in PVP.
Yeah, Nat is a pain in the ass to level. I thought maxing out fishing meant you didn't catch crap?

I managed to get a few epic items, but the grind is killing me. I'm thinking of holding off because the new ilevel is supposed to jump to 522? Ugh. Last year I managed to get my hands on some awesome gear (for my then level 85) - and I didn't even get to use most of it since it was rendered useless with the new expansion.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #67
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

I think the worgen should be horde and the blood elves should be alliance.

Just sayin....

The Following User Says Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #68
traumaqueen

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:
happily occupied and awfully engaged.

traumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputation

Since we're on the subject of WoW, anyone play Diablo?
traumaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #69
maryam

How Do You Identify?:
femme-ish
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
taken

maryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputation

I used to play WOW a super duper long time ago, and can't recover my original account. Like when it first came out. I'm still working on trying to get that account back. Like when it was in Beta. So actually, I don't know if I can yet. I just decided to try yesterday...

Anyhoo, it's changed a lot so I will be the Noobiest Noob of Nooblandia when I roll a new account (later this week. I'm trying to behave workwise.) It looks like everybody's ending up on bronzeage, so is there a Guild? Which side is it on?
maryam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to maryam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2013, 02:51 PM   #70
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

Count me in with Maryam. I got my at the time partner hooked and now I need to find a new server since the breakup. FAIL.

On the plus side, I can't think of anyone better to roll a noob with than my bfp fam!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:53 AM   #71
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryam View Post
I used to play WOW a super duper long time ago, and can't recover my original account. Like when it first came out. I'm still working on trying to get that account back. Like when it was in Beta. So actually, I don't know if I can yet. I just decided to try yesterday...

Anyhoo, it's changed a lot so I will be the Noobiest Noob of Nooblandia when I roll a new account (later this week. I'm trying to behave workwise.) It looks like everybody's ending up on bronzeage, so is there a Guild? Which side is it on?
LOL ... I think that should be the guild name (Nooblandia).
I am willing to start a new toon on another server if there is a definite plan to organize. I'd be willing to start with any faction.

I visited my old server yesterday after a long while - and I was one of three people in Org. THREE PEOPLE IN ORG! And they were from other servers. I flew around and found no one. I started singing "All By Myself...."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #72
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
LOL ... I think that should be the guild name (Nooblandia).
I am willing to start a new toon on another server if there is a definite plan to organize. I'd be willing to start with any faction.

I visited my old server yesterday after a long while - and I was one of three people in Org. THREE PEOPLE IN ORG! And they were from other servers. I flew around and found no one. I started singing "All By Myself...."

I say we find a 50/50 mix or horde heavy and go Horde for a BFP guild.

That or go to the server I'm on, where it's Alliance heavy but has a decent Horde group. Org is regularly busy during AMER hours.

On the plus side, I finally got my Taoren weapon so I could put the legendary gem on it that I had earned earlier. I'm thinking of getting one more epic item for my gear (trinket)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #73
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Quote:
I say we find a 50/50 mix or horde heavy and go Horde for a BFP guild.

That or go to the server I'm on, where it's Alliance heavy but has a decent Horde group. Org is regularly busy during AMER hours.

On the plus side, I finally got my Taoren weapon so I could put the legendary gem on it that I had earned earlier. I'm thinking of getting one more epic item for my gear (trinket)
There is a site that can give info on server population.
http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us
Should give a good idea of horde vs alliance population

I'm waiting on the new patch before I start grinding for new gear.
I started a new DK (horde of course) and I've been busy working on her blacksmithing skill. Sucks for a DK profession-wise.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #74
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
There is a site that can give info on server population.
http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us
Should give a good idea of horde vs alliance population

I'm waiting on the new patch before I start grinding for new gear.
I started a new DK (horde of course) and I've been busy working on her blacksmithing skill. Sucks for a DK profession-wise.
The question would be how much PvP we'd want to do versus PVE. The one disadvantage of highly populated 90 realms is that they tend to have those that complain about your ability rather than the fun of it all.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #75
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

This shows the breakdown better: http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html

Old 03-01-2013, 07:17 AM   #76
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Quote:
The question would be how much PvP we'd want to do versus PVE. The one disadvantage of highly populated 90 realms is that they tend to have those that complain about your ability rather than the fun of it all.
I moved from a (high level) PvP server to PvE because I found I enjoyed PvE much better. I'm "ok" at PvP but I admit I am not that great at it. I do it to grind for honor/justice. I can't stand going into a BG and subjecting myself to idiots complaining and name calling because GOD FORBID someone dies or drops a flag. (With that being said, I HATE WARSONG GULCH). I play for fun, some of these people seriously need lives and/or some type of therapy - talk about anger issues. No one seems to have any patience for the noobs.

Also - PvP realms means you are subject to constant (i can't think of the word) - death by high level toons, just 'cause they can.
I wasn't able to quest or farm without having some high level toon gank (there you go) my ass even though I was at least 20 levels lower. I dreaded the contested areas. Once I transferred to a PvE realm, breathing was easier.

I prefer PvE because you can toggle yourself as PvP if the mood strikes .. and you can always go into BGs and that of the like. Just a thought to consider.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #77
GeekBear

How Do You Identify?:
transgender menace
Preferred Pronoun?:
he, him, his
Relationship Status:
Married to the RyRy!

GeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST Reputation

tell me what server and what faction, I'm in. BFP guild for the winnnnnnnnnnn!

GeekBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #78
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
I moved from a (high level) PvP server to PvE because I found I enjoyed PvE much better. I'm "ok" at PvP but I admit I am not that great at it. I do it to grind for honor/justice. I can't stand going into a BG and subjecting myself to idiots complaining and name calling because GOD FORBID someone dies or drops a flag. (With that being said, I HATE WARSONG GULCH). I play for fun, some of these people seriously need lives and/or some type of therapy - talk about anger issues. No one seems to have any patience for the noobs.

Also - PvP realms means you are subject to constant (i can't think of the word) - death by high level toons, just 'cause they can.
I wasn't able to quest or farm without having some high level toon gank (there you go) my ass even though I was at least 20 levels lower. I dreaded the contested areas. Once I transferred to a PvE realm, breathing was easier.

I prefer PvE because you can toggle yourself as PvP if the mood strikes .. and you can always go into BGs and that of the like. Just a thought to consider.
Agreed but I've also seen the same behaviour in Raids (LFG). I've been booted because apparently I didn't pull my weight (I was 13th out of 25 so not sure where that came from and figure it was more about loot than anything else). I started on a PVP server (Kilrogg) and got ganked a few times. When I was high enough, I ensured that those that were attacked -- and I was close enough -- I'd go and help them. Ganking shouldn't be allowed, IMO (should only be able to attack someone no more than 5 levels below and how many ever levels above).

Old 03-01-2013, 08:12 AM   #79
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Quote:
Agreed but I've also seen the same behaviour in Raids (LFG). I've been booted because apparently I didn't pull my weight (I was 13th out of 25 so not sure where that came from and figure it was more about loot than anything else). I started on a PVP server (Kilrogg) and got ganked a few times. When I was high enough, I ensured that those that were attacked -- and I was close enough -- I'd go and help them. Ganking shouldn't be allowed, IMO (should only be able to attack someone no more than 5 levels below and how many ever levels above).
Some people have add-ons that tell you your "ranking" when in a group. It shows your melee damage abilities - so if you don't have enough dps, they boot you out. Personally, I think those should be banned - I find them to enable bias. People tend to forget that they had to start somewhere - and at one point or another, everyone was a "noob" or not as skilled as some. The better gear is obtained through Raid Finder, but good luck trying to get in. That's what I always hated about this game.

That is the difference between PvP and PvE - ganking is controllable in PvE. You can always set yourself as PvP in a PvE realm if you so desire - but it's nice that by default, you can't be touched.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #80
maryam

How Do You Identify?:
femme-ish
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
taken

maryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputation

I tend to go for PvE instead of PvP but it's up to y'all. I tend to be more of a "for fun" player as well.
maryam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maryam For This Useful Post: