Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #441
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,931 Times in 9,910 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Takashi Murakami (2002) | Tan Tan Bo Puking (aka Gero Tan)

Takashi Murakami - as an artist and his genre - is new to me: I came across his acrylic painting while browsing the Guggenheim Museum website. I love the futuristic theme of this peice of art and the bright colors - it feels freeing to me.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #442
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ilya Repin (1870-73, State Russian Museum, St. Petersburg) | Barge Haulers on the Volga

Ilya Repin's oil painting of Barge Haulers on the Volga is beautiful to me. I know nothing about him at all (will do a bit of research on him when I get the time), but this painting spoke to me in ways that touched my heart deeply. I felt the struggle, hardship, and desolate atmosphere that this painting seemed to convey through the illustrative framwork evoked in this painting.

_____ ______
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #443
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Default Mauarizio Cattalan | "I heart You" | Photo Art artwork @ The Guggenheim Museum in NY

The indexicality and iconicity expressed in this multi-mixed media presentation of art work, is amazing to me! The doubling of entendre's - the many messages one could possibly get from this work of art, seems to me, provocative by nature: it's mesmerizing, soothing and yet provokes and invokes specialized ways in which humans communicate what's on our mind. I love the semotic visualization process this peice of work evokes for those who appreciate this type of art.

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #444
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:
Deliciously single and loving it.

Thanked 3,383 Times in 864 Posts
chai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputation

I do adore Gustav Klimt, the shapes, colors.
Some of the women muses looking so haughty and bitchy!

Others, completely ethereal~

I would love to do "The Tree of Life" on an entire bedroom wall. Minus the people on either end!

And I want to paint "Starry Night" on an upright piano.....just the sky and moon part!

great thread~
chai~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #445
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

My friend, photographer Andrew Kaiser. Because in my opinion, he truly sees all that is beautiful in women...

Unfortunately, I can not show many here, because they are mostly works of art that are nudes. But Google him and you'll find much better examples of what I am talking about. He is incredible.

This is one of me, taken in September 2011...Not my favorite, but he loves it.

The artist himself...
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #446
barnes

How Do You Identify?:
butch tg
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single

barnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputation
Default corneille

not my favorite but an awesome artist !

barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barnes For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2012, 01:03 AM   #447
WomenMoveMe

How Do You Identify?:
I just wander about and be!
Relationship Status:
Caution: Dead End

Thanked 2,101 Times in 417 Posts
WomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Edward Hopper

Edward Hopper (July 22, 1882 – May 15, 1967)...American Painter

He is best known for his work "Nighthawks". The effective use of light and shadow to create mood is central to Hopper’s method and has been compared to the cinematography of film noir. I find the 'starkness' of it appealing.

Most of Hopper's figure paintings focus on the subtle interaction of human beings with their environment...carried out with solo figures, couples, or groups. His primary emotional themes are solitude, loneliness, regret, boredom, and resignation. He expresses the emotions in various environments, including the office, in public places, in apartments, on the road, or on vacation. As if he were creating stills for a movie or tableaux in a play, Hopper positioned his characters as if they were captured just before or just after the climax of a scene.

"Nighthawks"

"Morning Sun"

Last edited by WomenMoveMe; 02-06-2012 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Forgot the why part
WomenMoveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WomenMoveMe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #448
barnes

How Do You Identify?:
butch tg
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single

barnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputation
Default Paul Klee

Paul Klee is an amazing artist and extremely prolific !
barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barnes For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #449
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Default Russian Surrealist | Vladimir Kush

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #450
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation
Default A fave-"The Date" by Ty Wilson.

I purchased a copy of this, not long after it was released. I was a teenager. I still have it. Currently it is not hanging up but I plan to frame it and hang it in my room at some point in the future-when I find my new comforter set etc...

Old 05-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #451
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation
Default And I want a copy of "Promenade" by Ty Wilson.

Old 06-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #452
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Default Birth of Venus (Botticelli)

Old 06-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #453
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Default Virgin & Child (Leonardo Da Vinci - Milan)

Old 07-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #454
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Default Folk Artist: Gregory Warmack (aka, Mr. Imagination)

I met him by complete accident, years ago, when my son was training on a base in N. Carolina for a special assignment. My love for bottle caps and making works of art from them were largely inspired by Mr. Imagination. He was a wonderful person and he recently passed away earlier this year in May.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #455
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Default Mosaic Art

I came across Gayle Anita one day while browsing the web for mosaic art. << LINK >>

I am totally drawn to this art form; possibly because of item connections to sustainable forms of reclaiming items that are broken or neglected or even the idea that this particular art form is semiotic by nature in capturing abstract shapes, thoughts, ideas or any type of process (we could say) and utilizes that type of intersection where a beautiful collision melds into something entirely beautiful.

I like this particular piece of hers in that even though she titled this work of art: a Crawdad. To me, it reminds me of lobsters... or any ocean or river animal whose makeup includes a shelled body. I like how the Coors can interrupts the flow of dynamics and calls attention to the ways in which humans have thoughtlessly polluted the seas, oceans, rivers (water resources in general). In addition, I also like the cherish how she borrows conceptually the idea of indexicality and iconicity: The dangling of hook and bait in the water.

From what I gather from her website, she's a west coast native and her own profession took her to the east coast and where she practices her craft is unknown to me but I she possesses a gift for mosaic art form.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #456
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

I came across a web page while surfing for architectural design and in the case of a band of students from South Africa, they create art by cleaning the surface of structures - known as, Reverse Graffiti.

http://inhabitat.com/reverse-graffit...ng-them-clean/

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #457
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,580 Times in 2,650 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

I love art.
All kinds.
Music. Dance. Paint. Photograph.
Crayon. Tile. Graffiti. Song.

2 women that I studied well in college a few semesters ago -- who I absolutely fell hard for in their work. I thought powerful, deep, connected, pissed off, soft, and burned.

Catherine Opie

&

Ana Mendieta
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #458
LadyRieinAL

How Do You Identify?:
Evolving Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, girl, her
Relationship Status:
found my vibrational match

Thanked 1,214 Times in 281 Posts
LadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST Reputation
Default Rob Gonsalves

Magical Realist
One of my favorite
LadyRieinAL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LadyRieinAL For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #459
LadyRieinAL

How Do You Identify?:
Evolving Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, girl, her
Relationship Status:

LadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST Reputation
Default G Rodo Boulanger

In 1979 UNICEF designated her as their official artist for her “Year of the Child” poster.

She has created an abundance of children's art and this girl loves to collect them
The Following User Says Thank You to LadyRieinAL For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #460
LadyRieinAL

How Do You Identify?:
Evolving Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, girl, her
Relationship Status:

Default Joan Miro