Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > MEMBER NEWS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, EVENTS > Newbie Central > Newbie Introductions

Newbie Introductions Introduce yourself here!

Old 10-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation
Default Newbies! Introduce yourself here!

We had introduced a minimum post count but that presents a challenge for new people who want to introduce themselves so I've created this thread to help.

Tell us a little bit about yourselves! What excites you? Where are you in this big bold world? What are your hobbies? What brought you here?

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Samurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST Reputation
Default I bring art gifts! And a question

Thanks Linus!

Hello everyone, BF newbie here, tentatively but eagerly foraying into the wonderful world of chic and chivalrous... or beauty and the beast... I'm not quite sure what to expect, uh.

I had something of a mid-life awakening and eventually ended up here. I'm excited to be here, because I could relate to many of the experiences and stories shared. I've been quietly educating myself on what's out there (I wasn't stalking, honest!).

Despite the wish for a quiet relaxing stroll, my artistic journey has been pressing me to reach out and find answers before my inner confusion sends me mad. It's about making sense of what I want to draw and write about. The community here has made me want to ask you, what do you think about sketches like the ones below? Not technically, but rather, does it do anything for you? Yes, no, kind of, not really? Would you want to see more of subjects along these lines?

[Pic1] - I don't normally draw this, but for reasons I don't yet understand, I was inspired by this community to.
[Pic2] - Muscle art is what I usually draw, especially the bodybuilder type. Some people have really strong reactions to this stuff, so apologies in advance if it offends anyone.

I hope this was the right place to ask. If not, please direct me and I'll scoot right there (once my post count lets me). I'm really curious!

Thank you for any thoughts and guidance, and a pleasure to meet you all *bows* Also thanks for the warm welcome by the Chatroom folks where I chillz'ed while waiting to post here.

Mika (or Sam - dubbed by the folks at Chat as a new nick, I like it)
Samurai Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Wanderer View Post
Thanks Linus!

Hello everyone, BF newbie here, tentatively but eagerly foraying into the wonderful world of chic and chivalrous... or beauty and the beast... I'm not quite sure what to expect, uh.

I had something of a mid-life awakening and eventually ended up here. I'm excited to be here, because I could relate to many of the experiences and stories shared. I've been quietly educating myself on what's out there (I wasn't stalking, honest!).

Despite the wish for a quiet relaxing stroll, my artistic journey has been pressing me to reach out and find answers before my inner confusion sends me mad. It's about making sense of what I want to draw and write about. The community here has made me want to ask you, what do you think about sketches like the ones below? Not technically, but rather, does it do anything for you? Yes, no, kind of, not really? Would you want to see more of subjects along these lines?

[Pic1] - I don't normally draw this, but for reasons I don't yet understand, I was inspired by this community to.
[Pic2] - Muscle art is what I usually draw, especially the bodybuilder type. Some people have really strong reactions to this stuff, so apologies in advance if it offends anyone.

I hope this was the right place to ask. If not, please direct me and I'll scoot right there (once my post count lets me). I'm really curious!

Thank you for any thoughts and guidance, and a pleasure to meet you all *bows* Also thanks for the warm welcome by the Chatroom folks where I chillz'ed while waiting to post here.

Mika (or Sam - dubbed by the folks at Chat as a new nick, I like it)
Hello Mika! Welcome to the planet. I think you will find an abundance of artistic folks here at our glorious planet. Some of the write poetry, others stories, some take photos and others like yourself draw/sketch. There is definitely a lot to learn and see here so good luck in your journey!

Sleepy

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,435 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

welcome to the planet, mika!
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 11:13 PM   #5
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Samurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyButch View Post
Hello Mika! Welcome to the planet. I think you will find an abundance of artistic folks here at our glorious planet. Some of the write poetry, others stories, some take photos and others like yourself draw/sketch. There is definitely a lot to learn and see here so good luck in your journey!

Sleepy
Thanks Sleepy! The works here are fascinating, lots of creativity and beauty to enjoy and learn from, some are hilarious. I've tried to find some art that might be similar to what I'm drawing, but am having trouble finding some. I've looked in the Art section, perhaps I'm not looking in the right places. That's why I wanted to ask if any folks here are interested in the kind of sketches I drew, so that maybe I can draw more of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishah View Post
welcome to the planet, mika!
Thanks Aishah!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #6
juliebrave

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones

juliebrave Has the BEST Reputationjuliebrave Has the BEST Reputationjuliebrave Has the BEST Reputationjuliebrave Has the BEST Reputationjuliebrave Has the BEST Reputationjuliebrave Has the BEST Reputationjuliebrave Has the BEST Reputationjuliebrave Has the BEST Reputationjuliebrave Has the BEST Reputationjuliebrave Has the BEST Reputationjuliebrave Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you, Linus! This is great!

Tell us a little bit about yourselves!
My name is Julie and I am a stay at home mom and recent graduate in Women's Studies from GSU. I live in Atlanta, Ga. I have two babies, one 16 and one 2.
What excites you?
Watching my kids grow and learn is exciting. Wool yarn is pretty darn exciting, too....I love love love hand knit wool socks.
Where are you in this big bold world?
Atlanta, Ga.
What are your hobbies? What brought you here?
I love to read and I love to eat. JD directed me here...sweet!
juliebrave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to juliebrave For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2012, 01:02 AM   #7
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,435 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

welcome, julie! sounds like we have a lot in common, hehe i also love to read, eat, and knit (except i only dream of being good at knitting socks, LOL)...and i'm from georgia. i hope you like it here!
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #8
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome, Samurai Wanderer and Julie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Wanderer View Post
That's why I wanted to ask if any folks here are interested in the kind of sketches I drew, so that maybe I can draw more of it?
Oh heck yeah!! I enjoy this type of artwork, and would love to see more of your work.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:13 AM   #9
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #10
falloutmk

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ze, Zir, or She, her, ect if needed.
Relationship Status:
Single, Poly, and happy.

falloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hey there!

Hi all! I'm Frankie, I'm an androgynous femme in Michigan who is exploring her femininity more which is something I have suppressed for quite awhile. I like reading, forums, writing, M/s lifestyles, music, and creativity. I'm looking for other femmes and some butches to get to know and maybe meet?

We'll see! Thanks for reading darlings.
falloutmk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to falloutmk For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #11
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome to all of the newbies

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #12
Raven.

How Do You Identify?:
Butch! Tomboi
Relationship Status:
Single

Raven. Has the BEST ReputationRaven. Has the BEST ReputationRaven. Has the BEST ReputationRaven. Has the BEST ReputationRaven. Has the BEST ReputationRaven. Has the BEST ReputationRaven. Has the BEST ReputationRaven. Has the BEST ReputationRaven. Has the BEST ReputationRaven. Has the BEST ReputationRaven. Has the BEST Reputation

Hi everyone. I'm from Sydney australia. Actually I'm 500 south west of there but you'd never know where I'm from if I told you Lol

You want to know more about me read my profile. It says all there is about about whats important.

Here to build friends and learn and to be part of this community. So I look forward to getting to know you.

Blessings. M
Raven. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Raven. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #13
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome to the Planet!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #14
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything except for "aunty"
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Thanked 9,096 Times in 1,899 Posts
lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Morning everyone The planet is lots of fun, hope you enjoy being part of the group, I know I do.

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
lusciouskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lusciouskiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #15
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Hanah glad you found us. I hope you make many friends!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 04:06 AM   #16
Vic1970

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
single

Vic1970 Has the BEST ReputationVic1970 Has the BEST ReputationVic1970 Has the BEST ReputationVic1970 Has the BEST ReputationVic1970 Has the BEST ReputationVic1970 Has the BEST ReputationVic1970 Has the BEST ReputationVic1970 Has the BEST ReputationVic1970 Has the BEST ReputationVic1970 Has the BEST ReputationVic1970 Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Hi all,
My names Vic im from Melbourne, looking forward to making new friends.
Vic1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Vic1970 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2012, 04:39 AM   #17
GraffitiBoi

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
Playing around and having fun

Thanked 3,663 Times in 824 Posts
GraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST Reputation

Hey all. I've been here for awhile and some of you have met me already. I suppose I should 'formally' introduce myself. I go by GraffitBoi on several different sites - most people just call me Graff. I currently live near Minneapolis, MN but am tired of the long, cold winters and wouldn't mind moving unless something makes it worth my while to stay here. I'm single but have fallen for a wonderful and beautiful femme. :-) I am FTM but am not going to move forward any more in my transition. I was on T from 2003 until 2010 when medical issues relating to being on it made me stop. I've had top surgery and a hysto (medical reasons) and don't plan on having any more surgeries. I prefer 'he' but will tolerate 'she'. I never go by 'hy'. If you ever have any questions for me just send me a message. I'm an open book.
GraffitiBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GraffitiBoi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 11:12 PM   #18
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Big hi and hello to Julie, Hannah, Frankie, Raven M, Vic and Graff. I'm new-ish to BFP too. I want to thank the awesome BFP Welcoming Committee for giving a great start to making a cozy home here.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #19
hare

How Do You Identify?:
submissive butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

hare Has the BEST Reputationhare Has the BEST Reputationhare Has the BEST Reputationhare Has the BEST Reputationhare Has the BEST Reputationhare Has the BEST Reputationhare Has the BEST Reputationhare Has the BEST Reputationhare Has the BEST Reputationhare Has the BEST Reputationhare Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hey, this is another newbie

Hello everyone! I'm yet another noob, checking out what the planet's all about.

About myself... I consider myself a butch*, but given that I'm a bit shy and submissive, some people might say I'm not. I don't know. If assertive and dominant are a part of the butch definition, then maybe I'm not butch. Maybe I'm just a masculine female. I do know that I feel like I fit in with the butch-femme crowd.

Oh. I'm in my early 20s.

*I'm definitely more masculine than feminine.
hare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to hare For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2012, 05:47 PM   #20
Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hare View Post
Hello everyone! I'm yet another noob, checking out what the planet's all about.

About myself... I consider myself a butch*, but given that I'm a bit shy and submissive, some people might say I'm not. I don't know. If assertive and dominant are a part of the butch definition, then maybe I'm not butch. Maybe I'm just a masculine female. I do know that I feel like I fit in with the butch-femme crowd.

Oh. I'm in my early 20s.

*I'm definitely more masculine than feminine.
Welcome to the Planet, hare! There are lots of people here that are exactly like you. I'm sure as you get your feet wet here you will get to know things about yourself you never knew. That's the beauty of this site. Everyone can be themselves with no fear of being looked down upon. Enjoy your stay!