randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

I have a few books going. Still trying to make my way through a Song of Ice and Fire. I'm on Book 3.

I just started House of Echoes by Brendan Duffy.

And I'm also reading The Whispering Skull by Jonathan Stroud.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:26 PM   #2482
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by randrum View Post
I have a few books going. Still trying to make my way through a Song of Ice and Fire. I'm on Book 3.

I just started House of Echoes by Brendan Duffy.

And I'm also reading The Whispering Skull by Jonathan Stroud.
I used to be able to switch back and forth between books...no I feel like I need to focus on one....

<<<<old(er)
Old 09-26-2015, 01:41 PM   #2483
PurerSands

How Do You Identify?:
Gay woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I have one

PurerSands Has the BEST ReputationPurerSands Has the BEST ReputationPurerSands Has the BEST ReputationPurerSands Has the BEST ReputationPurerSands Has the BEST ReputationPurerSands Has the BEST ReputationPurerSands Has the BEST ReputationPurerSands Has the BEST ReputationPurerSands Has the BEST ReputationPurerSands Has the BEST ReputationPurerSands Has the BEST Reputation

So I'm half way through the first Harry Potter since picking it up this afternoon. Hooked.
Old 09-26-2015, 02:56 PM   #2484
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

"go set a watchman", harper lee
"the half brother", lars saabye christenson
"into the river", ted dawe
Old 09-26-2015, 06:42 PM   #2485
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,587 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Just started "Tiny Beautiful Things" by Cheryl Strayed. Very much enjoying it. The snippet below describes it so much better than I could.

“It is very rarely that I am a ridiculous fangirl about anything. It’s so emotionally taxing, so inherently undignified, that I try not to fall into the trap. So it took me by surprise when, upon discovering Dear Sugar at the Rumpus, I gradually fell down the rabbit hole into ridiculous fangirlishness for the first time in years. [Strayed took me to] the edge of the dark wood, staring into the place where the most wrenching and lovely truths reside. A place to lose your heart and find it again. If there is a common thread that unites the columns, it’s work. Sugar doesn’t tolerate laziness: doing the work to reach one’s full potential, to write that novel, to exorcise ghosts, to let go of resentments and jealousy and commit instead to generosity and love—all of these are sacred, lifelong tasks for which there are no shortcuts. The columns are a gift, and so too is the book. As Sugar herself bids in her column of the same name, I've written this now on the eve of her book’s publication with one intent: to say thank you.” —Ilana Teitelbaum, The Huffington Post
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2015, 11:14 AM   #2486
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2015, 10:02 AM   #2487
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation
Default Deliver Us From Evil

Ralph Sarchie and Lisa Collier Cool (2014) The scariest book I've ever read, and Folks, I read alot! True story about a tough, New York cop, who becomes an exorcist after experiencing real demon possession among people. With the help of priests, he also instructs people how to recognize, and exorcise demons. Beware: Very, very, scary!
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2015, 12:54 PM   #2488
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

C# Quick Syntax Reference
Sometimes I get mixed up flipping back and forth between Visual C# and Visual Basic languages

For some unknown reason, Microsoft Visual Studio will not compile a few lines of Visual Basic in their Visual C# Integrated Development Environment.

*chuckling* Yes, I know I am being goofy.
Lack of sleep makes me punchy!!!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:11 PM   #2489
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

Etiquette (1892) by Agness H. Morton - A cute vintage read.

Curious, If True by Elizabeth Gaskell

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2015, 11:24 PM   #2490
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=PurerSands;1017460]Today I bought three books. Little Gone Girl by Alexander Burt (also known as Mia is Missing)

The Girl with A Clock for A Heart by Peter Swanson

AND

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone.

I'm ashamed to say I never read the HP series. Fantasy is not a genre I part take in much. But I do remember seeing maybe 2 of the movies years ago and enjoying them. For some reason for the passed week I've had a niggling feeling to read them... Or at least give them a shot.

So I may start with Harry, and move on to my usual genre of Thriller...

Don't judge me.... [

Haveing read all the HP books, I have to say I loved them.
For one you really do get more involved, and it goes into greater detail.
I hope you like them as much as I did.
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2015, 11:55 PM   #2491
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Judy

Ok, at last I have finally finished this book, and yes I know it took me some time.
So .... Judy, what can I tell you about his book.
After getting past the introduction, which gives you some background on how the research for the book started.
I was hooked.
Judy is a dog that received the highest bravery award that can be given for any animal.
She was a POW in the japanese war camps.
The book takes you from her mischievous pup days, right through all her trials in the camps with her fellow prisoners.
Please read this book, you won't regret it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2015, 09:54 AM   #2492
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation
Default Revenge

Laura Blumenfeld-2002- Superb book! Gutsy Journalist Blumenfeld, searches for her father's arab shooter in Jerusalem and Iran seeking revenge.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2015, 06:40 PM   #2493
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Just finished Big Stone Gap! Liked it well enough but judging by the movie previews, I think it may be one of the few movies I like better than the book!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2015, 12:41 PM   #2494
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Default A book about Lenny "The Gov'nor McLean.....

Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 03:03 PM   #2495
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

Default Mark Cavendish

Just about to read his biography.
For those who have never heard of him, he's a british cycling champion.
The Following User Says Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2015, 08:45 PM   #2496
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Many peer-reviewed articles for my final paper ::: scream! :::

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2015, 10:21 AM   #2497
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Default BlackList

Author Sara Paretsky-2003 I love private detective V.I. Warshawski! Just finished her "Total Recall". A must read for fans. I once met Sara at a Chicago bookstore called Women and Children First, and CIJS she rocks!
Old 10-31-2015, 09:22 PM   #2498
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not reading anything exciting at the moment, because like Stephanie, I only have time to read schoolish stuff...

Of course, I must always snatch few moments for a small BFP distraction.

There are so many more, but here are just a few of the books I recommend at the moment:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Lies-My-Teacher-Told-Everything/dp/0743296281/?ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_y"]Lies My Teacher Told Me[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Souls-Black-Dover-Thrift-Editions/dp/0486280411/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1446347197&sr=1-1&keywords=the+souls+of+black+folk"]The Souls of Black Folk[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/1577316290/?ref=cm_sw_r_pi_dp_YG0tvb1P0J58T"]The Emotional Lives of Animals[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Profundis-Oscar-Wilde-ebook/dp/B00RWJPS8Q/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1446346169&sr=1-4&keywords=de+profundis"]De Profundis[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00589AYWW/?ref=cm_sw_r_pi_dp_6Zz.ub1WVGJBD"]The March of Folly[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BBXJH68/?ref=cm_sw_r_pi_dp_vmvhvb1EREY5Y"]Uncertainty[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/0306809982/?ref=cm_sw_r_pi_dp_jnNfwb0GXD43J"]Empty Without You[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/New-Jim-Crow-Incarceration-Colorblindness/dp/1595586431/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1446347318&sr=1-1&keywords=the+new+colorblind+racism"]The New Jim Crow[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Gift-Creativity-Artist-Modern-World-ebook/dp/B002GKGB00/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1446347086&sr=1-1&keywords=the+gift"]The Gift[/ame]

I recommend them all! There's also 'The Painted Bird'...'The Master and Margarita' (love pretty much all Russian Classics)...'Perfume' (It's a murder mystery! There was a movie awhile ago). I could spend a long time on this. I'm still a dedicated Ann Rice fan/vampire nerd, though I can't get into the latest generation. They're too hip. They just don't work for me.
Angeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angeltoes For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2015, 12:47 AM   #2499
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Just finished Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

About to finish Wheelmen by Alberti and O'Connell - about doping in cycling, esp Lance Armstrong
Old 11-01-2015, 12:56 PM   #2500
TheHinduPose

How Do You Identify?:
human

Thanked 3,093 Times in 887 Posts
TheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST Reputation

Borrowed a copy of On Photography by Susan Sontag.
TheHinduPose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheHinduPose For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading