Notices

Old 09-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #21
betruetoyoursoul

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She,Her,BabyGirl
Relationship Status:
On a Beautiful Journey regardless if I am single or coupled!

Thanked 2,397 Times in 1,093 Posts
betruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputation

:::: I was named after my father. My mother wanted me to have part of his name in my full name, so the latter part of my name contains my father's name. My middle name was passed down to the first daughter of the first daughter through generations.
*S I hope everyone is having a great day!!!!
Old 09-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #22
hagster

How Do You Identify?:
Nothing to see here, folks.
Relationship Status:
prison lesbian

hagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputation
Default C'mon now...

I'm loving the stories behind everyone's names!

I've always believed I was named for my father, as our names are far too similar for coincidence and my first name is not a common one; they both have sworn to me that it's not the case. However, when your dad's name is, for example, Scott Dean and you are a Scotta DeAnn... yeah...

Never, ever liked my name; I was always embarrassed by it and dreamed of what I'd change it to. I've grown to love the nicknames, though, and I embrace that.

My mother recently told me a story about my birth and how the doctor had announced that my parents could expect a boy. Oops. I guess it's just easier to add an 'a' and drop the 'Jr.' I joke that my parents started lying to me at a very early age and god bless my mom, she's stuck with it all these years.
hagster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to hagster For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #23
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Before I was born the doctor told my mother she was haveing twin boys so she was going to name me James Ramon EdwardsJr.Welll when we were born way early I was the eldest and my sis whom I miss to this day didnt make it,being I was so early and weighed one pound and fourteen onces tha my life was on a minit to minit time line my grand ma made a novino to the vergin mary that if she and saint Michael would spare my life that she would promis to see that I had a good life and a good catholic child.So the name Mary Michael became mine.I am so glad she added the Michael cause my first name just never fit me.Infact my grand folks and everyone else called me Mike or Michael from the get go.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #24
NitroChrys_Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married

NitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST Reputation

I was named after My father.

I was his last chance for a son. My sister's have very pretty and very feminine names. It was a heated debate between all family members that if I turned out to be a girl... I could not be called Christopher. My mother was done having children. 3 was the perfect number.

My father wanted a son.

What man doesn't I suppose. He got a son but not in the traditional sense. Whether I was aware of the fact that I was to "step into" his son's role or not from a very early age it was obvious that I was not going to follow in My sister's footsteps. Everything they were, I wasn't. And I suppose My father encouraged that. Perhaps he saw in Me what I didn't understand for some time to come.

Chrystopher. The name evolved. Like Me.

My father is a good man. I strive every day to be the best possible son to him.

He got his son. I came into the world in a most unusual way. *S
Old 09-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #25
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

I wasn't named after anyone.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:14 PM   #26
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Great stories!
Old 09-20-2013, 11:27 PM   #27
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

When my parents were considering adopting a child they, like most expectant parents, picked out names. If they adopted a boy, he would have been named after the paternal grandfather, if they adopted a girl she would be named after the paternal grandmother. So...I was named after my grandmother, but I use the American version of the name rather than the Italian version that was hers. The funny thing about this is, after my parents adopted me they got some of my old paperwork from Social Services. In a totally bizarre, twilight zone-y coincidence...the name on my intake paperwork, first name only, that Social Services had for two years before I was officially adopted, was the same name my adopted parents named me.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #28
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
under the cover of starry starry nights...enjoying a warm fire in the pit !

Thanked 2,454 Times in 546 Posts
not2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default cool thread!

My first name is from Audrey Hepburn, my middle name is from my Aunt Grace.......Audrey Grace.....get down here this very minute and clean up your mess.....is how I heard my name growing up! I have to admit I have always loved my name.
not2shygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #29
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

When my mom married, she moved from SC to Alabama. When she got pregnant, two people came to see her-her aunt, Elaine, and her mom, Mary. She decided to name me-Mary Elaine. For most of my younger childhood, I was called "Mary Elaine." But my dad and his dad called me "Laney Girl" which I absolutely loved!

Today, people call me one of two names and you can tell how I know them by the name they use...

~ Elaine - childhood/teenage years friends, all family members (except my sister and her daughter), friends that I had when I was married and anyone who knows me formally.

~ Laney - current friends, lifestyle friends (who do not call me "Ma'am") and my children (they start that around 10 it seems) plus my sister and her daughter.

Riley prefer "Elaine" because it is a more formal name. He introduces me as "Elaine" unless we know that the person is lifestyle, then he just refers to me as "my Owner."

Old 09-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #30
Queenie

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,891 Times in 523 Posts
Queenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST Reputation

A work colleague of my mother's came up with the idea of my name. She loved the book, Little Women and the character Amy. So, she told my Mother that she should name me, Amy. My Mother liked it and that's it.
I am so much like, Amy from Little Women. And because of that, for most of my life I have hatted my name.
Queenie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Queenie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #31
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Name

Hi,

I was named after my grandfather. He was an exceptional man he provided for his family after his father died at age 15, put all 7 of his bothers through college, married my grandmother and provided well for his family. He took me fishing every weekend. We were great friends and I hope that I am half the guy he was.

Chad
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #32
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default My name comes from a beautiful bride

I am named after no one in my family, like my other siblings. All of my brothers and sisters were named after members of my family or the parents and siblings of my parent's families.

But in my case, as I remember the story recounted to my by my mom's mother: my mother was pregnant with me at the time, when my mother and grandmother traveled to see my mother's grandmother (my great-grandmother) in Ft. Worth, TX (by train). On that train, my mother was reading a newspaper from Texas, that another traveler left on the train. In the bridal section of that particular paper, there was a beautiful photo of a newly-wed couple.

My mother thought she was beautiful, liked her name and that is how I was given my name.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #33
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,623 Times in 2,488 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Both my parents are Portuguese Catholic and were brought up very old country. My grandmother on my mother’s side and her siblings all have the same name. The girls are Maria and the boys are Joseph. The only way to tell the difference was the middle names. My grandmother and her sisters were Maria Joseph, Maria of the Rosary, Maria of God and Maria Jesus. My parents and my aunts and uncles did get different names but they were Portuguese names, like my mother is Elvira. But she changed it to Elsie. I don’t see how that was any better and personally I would have gone with Elvira but my mother was interested in being Americanized. So I got what she believed to be an American name. However everyone in the family called me Cintia and whenever they had the occasion to write it that was the spelling they used. It wasn’t until I started school that I understood my name was spelled and pronounced differently on my birth certificate. I don’t think I was named after anyone and I think that was purposeful on the part of my mother.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #34
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:
Caught An Angel and she doesn't lie!

Thanked 1,857 Times in 614 Posts
DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation

I was named after a cute little girl that was a student of my mother's in elementary school.
She was had curly hair and Mom adored her.
When I was told that my curly hair (ironically I had) was "cute",by my Auntie M...
I proceeded to grab a chair, climb it, forage for the scissors in the kitchen drawer...
Look around, go to the lowest step in the hallway to the upstairs...
And chop them all off.
My older sister helped me finish off what I had started and wanted done.
God bless my big sis.

I was a 2 year old. He he he.

And I used to masterbate thinking about Lyndsey Wagner. I forget how old I
Was then.
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2013, 03:39 PM   #35
willow
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
sugar and spice
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,751 Times in 1,837 Posts
willow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputation

Both my parents families opposed the marriage and for that reason my sister and I were not named after any family member. Lord forbid there was any sign of favouring either side. Our names seem to have been plucked out of thin air. Neither myself or my sister liked our names. When I asked my mother why she chose something so horrible she blamed my father. He blamed her. We didn't even have middle names to fall back on. My sister stuck with hers, I decided pretty early on that I wouldn't. I had it changed legally in my teens.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs11/i/20...ockAvatars.gif

willow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to willow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #36
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He preferredably :)
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Thanked 2,267 Times in 510 Posts
RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow View Post
Both my parents families opposed the marriage and for that reason my sister and I were not named after any family member. Lord forbid there was any sign of favouring either side. Our names seem to have been plucked out of thin air. Neither myself or my sister liked our names. When I asked my mother why she chose something so horrible she blamed my father. He blamed her. We didn't even have middle names to fall back on. My sister stuck with hers, I decided pretty early on that I wouldn't. I had it changed legally in my teens.

Well I dig what you changed it too !!!!!
Now , what was the name prior to it being changed ?
You know I'm nosey and will just pm you and ask
Old 09-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #37
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I was named after the woman who hosted a Valentine's Day party, where my parents first met.

They each had gone with different dates.

My mom stumbled down the last two stairs coming down from the bathroom (she wasn't drinking, per my mom and I am inclined to believe her as her idea of a party is a glass of Manischewitz wine) and...

...my dad caught her.

My mom's date had too much to drink, so my dad drove her home.

I never did hear what happened to my dad's date.

Similar story. Mom went on a double date with her friend. Mom liked her friend's date and vice versa. My mother ended up marrying the boy she liked (her friend's date), and her friend married my mother's date! The other couple divorced at some point down the line, but Mom and Dad stayed together until he passed a few years ago.

Oh, and I am not named after anyone. I just texted my mother for confirmation!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #38
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I have one of the most popular names of the 70's. I love my name! I go by Jen if I'm at work and there are three of us named Jennifer. My middle name is Lynn. When my youngest niece was born, her dad gave her my middle name. Which makes me proud! My niece Rebecca turned seven years old yesterday.

Zimmeh
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #39
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

I'm named after both my grandmothers. First name for my mom's mom, middle name for my dad's mom who died when I was an infant.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #40
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

I was named after my mother's butch lover, they were lovers through high school, my mother's marriage to my father, and for years after their divorce until my mother's lover's death from cancer. My mother's love for Roma continued until her death.

No one ever took the place of Roma.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:

Tags
family names