Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 08-02-2017, 06:36 PM   #61
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I'm going to watch The Tick on Prime in 3 weeks!!!
*LOL* I might be jealous, but only in a good way. I'm adding your show to the list!!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2017, 06:39 PM   #62
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2017, 06:50 AM   #63
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2017, 08:35 AM   #64
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

George Lopez: The Wall, Live from Washington D.C.

A Lifetime Of Comedy And Jokes About Trump.

IMHO this is some funny stuff!!!
Old 08-08-2017, 09:53 AM   #65
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 08-08-2017, 10:19 AM   #66
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 08-08-2017, 03:55 PM   #67
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
George Lopez: The Wall, Live from Washington D.C.

A Lifetime Of Comedy And Jokes About Trump.

IMHO this is some funny stuff!!!
I tend to agree with you about George Lopez...... I've watched him on HBO and his brand of satire is similar to that of Stephen Colbert. Lopez breaks it down, the racially motivated prejudice wielded by those of white privilege. And Colbert satirizes straight up hateful prejudice aimed at gay men....particularly at gay men who are not in line with being "politically correct."

At least, that's my take on both brands of satire. Satire is not easily understood though, especially satire that goes against the grain of what most people typically think satire is. I think it takes open-mindedness and a particular willingness to understand the subject being mocked.

But.... I totally appreciate comedians who command this type of performative genre. Colbert and Lopez, imo, rank side by side with other comedians such as Richard Pryor (whom I thought was outstanding), George Carlin and Dave Chapelle.

Of course, not all comedians are able to pull off political satire.

But, I guess anything could be polysemous.... including comedy, right???

_____ ______
Old 08-11-2017, 09:30 AM   #68
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

HBO's 'Brillo Box,' the true story of how a $1,000 purchase became a $3-million Warhol work of art.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:16 PM   #69
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Monday's At Racine (2012)

Every third Monday of the month, two bold, brassy sisters open the doors of their Long Island hair salon to women diagnosed with cancer. As locks of hair fall to the floor, women gossip, giggle, weep, face their fears, and discover unexpected beauty.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:38 AM   #70
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Certain Women Stars: Michelle Williams, Kristen Stewart, Laura Dern

The lives of three women intersect in small-town America, where each is imperfectly blazing a trail.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:22 PM   #71
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Intern Stars: Robert De Niro, Anne Hathaway, Rene Russo

70-year-old widower Ben Whittaker has discovered that retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be. Seizing an opportunity to get back in the game, he becomes a senior intern at an online fashion site, founded and run by Jules Ostin.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:47 AM   #72
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Oh, forget The Intern that can wait. Instead catch....

Whitney: Can I Be Me Showtime 2017

Treat yourself to this! It's wonderful IMHO
Old 08-26-2017, 11:01 AM   #73
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I turned off the weather for now...

Tenderness
Russell Crowe, Jon Foster, Laura Dern

A troubled teen girl and an obsessed homicide detective both track a psychotic youth who has been released from prison after the murder of his parents.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:18 AM   #74
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Arrow

Nothing today..... BUT.... I'm thinking about going to a movie over the holiday.

I'm a huge Huge H U G E fan of Planet of the Apes !

Gotta love a good sci-fi movie about ape's, right???

_____ ______
Old 08-29-2017, 08:27 AM   #75
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Nothing today..... BUT.... I'm thinking about going to a movie over the holiday.

I'm a huge Huge H U G E fan of Planet of the Apes !

Gotta love a good sci-fi movie about ape's, right???

Oh Dear........................
Old 08-30-2017, 11:12 PM   #76
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Red face

I couldn't find the Movie Obsessions thread, so I guess I will post it here.

White Palace. ..... Susan Sarandon works as a waitress at a burger joint when this really fussy dude, Max (James Spader), picks up his order for burgers for the stag party he's at. He gets back to the stag party to find out he didn't get everything he ordered, just empty boxes. Sarandon is irritated that he came back to get his money back, but that's how they met each other....and fell in love ....

SO obsessed with White Palace!

_____ ______
Old 08-30-2017, 11:46 PM   #77
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I couldn't find the Movie Obsessions thread, so I guess I will post it here.

White Palace. ..... Susan Sarandon works as a waitress at a burger joint when this really fussy dude, Max (James Spader), picks up his order for burgers for the stag party he's at. He gets back to the stag party to find out he didn't get everything he ordered, just empty boxes. Sarandon is irritated that he came back to get his money back, but that's how they met each other....and fell in love ....

SO obsessed with White Palace!
Miss Katz, did you know this was based on the novel by Glenn Savan? I read the book years ago and the movie stay pretty true to the book except for just one or two things.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:33 AM   #78
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Far From Heaven........Stars: Julianne Moore, Dennis Quaid, Dennis Haysbert

In 1950s Connecticut, a housewife faces a marital crisis and mounting racial tensions in the outside world.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:39 PM   #79
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Servicing In Silence: The Margarethe Cammermeyer Story 1995 Stars: Glenn Close, Judy Davis, Jan Rubes 1995

The true story of a decorated officer's legal challenge to her involuntary discharge when she admitted she was homosexual.

Sidebar: Obviously this was before gays could serve openly in our military, but with things going they way they are, who knows!
Old 09-17-2017, 11:19 PM   #80
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

PBS is running the new Ken Burns movie Vietnam