Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 02-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #41
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I love the Film Noir!
Old 02-15-2010, 01:28 PM   #42
LaDolceVita

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

LaDolceVita will become famous soon enough

It is all about the Love Love and Love!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruADtX3fz8A&feature=related"]YouTube- La Dolce Vita - Love love and love[/ame]
LaDolceVita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:00 PM   #43
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I like Olivia de Havilland. I like her sister, Joan Fontain, too, although they were competitive enemies. Three great films come to mind besides Gone With the Wind and Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte:

The Heiress (won Best Actress) with Montgomery Clift, Lady in a Cage, and The Snake Pit, nominated for Best Actress in 1949.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0dixQKQvTo"]YouTube- The Snake Pit 7/12[/ame]
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:56 PM   #44
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I do not like this movie at all: Some Like It Hot. It's odd because i'm a huge Billy Wilder fan. I think it's because I can't stand marilyn monroe.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:02 PM   #45
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

"With the passing of Sir Laurence Olivier, every actor in the world moved up one notch." —Eulogy

This is a link to Olivier winning an Honorary Oscar. What a tremendous actor having been nominated 11 times.
(Embedding has been disabled by request.)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSgvp0l1n2s"]YouTube- Sir Laurence Olivier receiving an Honorary OscarĀ®[/nomedia]
Old 02-16-2010, 09:39 PM   #46
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Still one of my favs

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWndDghOIdQ&feature=related"]YouTube- Suddenly Last Summer - Close[/ame]
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2010, 06:59 PM   #47
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Default Picnic 1955

This dance sequence between William Holden and Kim Novak from Picnic
is considered one of the sexiest on film. It was choreographed by Jerome Robbins and it's one of my favorites.
Incredibly sexy. William Holden was actually pretty drunk when this was sequence was shot so Kim Novak had do the leading.
You'll see Holden first, then Novak comes into frame and the dance begins shortly after.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpD5ZkjCoGI"]YouTube- Mesmerised, Hypnotised[/ame]
Old 02-18-2010, 11:55 PM   #48
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

[QUOTE=Lady Jewel;32197]One of my faves is Imitation of Life with Lana Turner. It is the consummate tear-jerker.

Along those lines of the big Technicolor melodramas and tear jerkers of the 50s:
Magnificent Obsession, This Earth is Mine, Summer Place, Peyton Place, Written on The Wind, and Madam X (with Lana Turner) which is a remake from an original from the 30s (I think)
Old 02-19-2010, 02:47 AM   #49
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Another actor I like from the old guard is Robert Taylor.
Handsome devil and married to Barbara Stanwyck.
Out of all of his movies, I think Westward the Women has to be one of his best.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu4cdr0A3Ys"]YouTube- ROBERT TAYLOR FILMS Westward the Women (1951) II[/ame]
Old 02-19-2010, 09:22 PM   #50
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Default Jet's Picks-Classic Movies 1935-1975

Favorite performances by actresses

Shirley Booth, Come Back Little Sheba (No. 1)
Patricia Neal, Hud
Barbara Stanwyck, Stella Dallas
Hattie McDaniel, Gone With the Wind

Favorite performances by actors

Spencer Tracy (everything he did) (No. 1)
Melvyn Douglas, Hud
Burl Ives, The Big Country
Jack Nicholson, Chinatown
Marlon Brando, The Godfather

more later
Old 02-19-2010, 10:07 PM   #51
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Default Jet's Picks, Classic Films 1935-1975

Performances that annoy the hell out of me

Margaret O'Brien in almost everything
Andy Griffith, A Face in the Crowd
Shelly Winters, A Place in the Sun
Old 02-19-2010, 10:34 PM   #52
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Default Hollywood Babylon

I read this book back in the 70s when it first came out. It's still available at Amazon and it's a great book for anyone into Hollywood trivia and famous scandals. This is about everything from Charlie Chaplin's sex trial to the murder trial of Lana Turner's daughter (who is gay by the way)

Hollywood Babylon by Kenneth Anger

Old 02-19-2010, 11:07 PM   #53
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Remembering
Kathryn Grayson
February 9, 1922 – February 17, 2010

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4ZxpyWYFSE"]YouTube- Movie Legends - Kathryn Grayson[/ame]

Legendary musical star Kathryn Grayson died at age 88.

The singer and movie legend Kathryn Grayson died at her home in Los Angeles on Wednesday.
Grayson is best known for her many roles in MGM musicals during the 1940’s and 1950’s.

Grayson was a classically trained soprano and boy did she have a voice.
According to BBC news Kathryn had actually planned on having a career as an opera singer when she was persuaded
by MGM to sign a contract with them at the young age of 15. Throughout her years at MGM Grayson was lucky enough
to work with Hollywood Icons Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra and if you have seen her in a movie with either of these
men you know she certainly held her own.

After her last film in 1956, Kathryn made the switch from movies to the Broadway stage,
she even took over for Julie Andrews in the production of Camelot in 1962.
She also went on tour with her former costar Howard Keel in Man of La Mancha.
Later she appeared on TV shows such as Murder, She Wrote and Baretta.
Grayson really was an extraordinarily talented woman.

Kathryn was married and divorced twice. She has one daughter, two grandchildren and four great-grand children.
There was and never will be anyone quite like the legendary musical star Kathryn Grayson.
She was the true epitome of old school Hollywood.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 11:32 PM   #54
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Default Garbo screen test by James Wong Howe

Greta Garbo's screen test, 1949.
Shot by the legendary cinematographer James Wong Howe,
2-time Oscar winner and 8-time nominee.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6jJKFGVFOU"]YouTube- Greta Garbo Screen-Test WONG/HOWE (1949) MIX[/ame]

More well-known classics by James Wong Howe

Funny Lady (1975)
The Horsemen (1971)
The Molly Maguires (1970)
The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter (1968)
Hombre (1967)
Seconds (1966)
This Property Is Condemned (1966)
Hud (1963)
The Story on Page One (1959)
The Last Angry Man (1959)
Bell Book and Candle (1958)
The Old Man and the Sea (1958)
A Farewell to Arms (1957) (uncredited)
Sweet Smell of Success (1957)
The Rose Tattoo (1955)
Picnic (1955)
Come Back, Little Sheba (1952)
Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House (1948)
Nora Prentiss (1947)
Objective, Burma! (1945)
Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942)
Kings Row (1942)
Fantasia (1940) (uncredited)
Old 02-19-2010, 11:34 PM   #55
Odarlin

How Do You Identify?:
Undine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sexy
Relationship Status:
Finding my immortal soul one giggle at a time.

Odarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to all

The Housemaid, 1960, Director: Kim Ki-young
(fyi: some violence in this clip)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIb2ANzHwwM"]YouTube- THE HOUSEMAID scene[/ame]
Odarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Odarlin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2010, 02:45 AM   #56
Odarlin

How Do You Identify?:
Undine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sexy
Relationship Status:
Finding my immortal soul one giggle at a time.

Odarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to all

Paint Your Wagon, 1969, Starring: Jean Seberg, Lee Marvin, Clint Eastwood
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPd3vuENNjI"]YouTube- Hello, Parson! Welcome to hell![/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o48RmW5EKiY"]YouTube- Lee Marvin Wandering Star Paint Your Wagon 1968[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPVBnfppFwk"]YouTube- Lee Marvin - God Knows Why[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzVM6Q4YwAA"]YouTube- Gold Fever - Clint Eastwood[/ame]
Odarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #57
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

I like Paint Your Wagon too, Odarlin. My favorite from the score is "There's a Coach Comin' In.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:16 PM   #58
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Default The Slender Thread, 1965

One of the most interesting movies I've ever seen is The Slender Thread, 1965.
It features incredible acting from Anne Bancroft, Sidney Portier and Telly Savalas.
This is about a young psych student (Portier) who works at a suicide prevention center and
tries to save the life of a woman on the phone (Anne Bancroft). Most of the movie takes place on the phone
with flashbacks and developments until Portier pinpoints her location to save her.
Telly Savalas is terrific as a psychiatrist and Portier's boss. The best scene is with Savalas listening in on the phone,
but I couldn't find it. Here's another clip. Enjoy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbNmuWW_O0E"]YouTube- The Slender Thread (1965) - 3/10[/ame]
Old 02-21-2010, 09:02 PM   #59
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Default The Oscars 1927-2008

....and the envelope please.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kRP7xGaTTQ"]YouTube- Best Picture Oscar Winners (1927/28-2008)[/ame]

Best Actress Winners

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wckLLKX39YE"]YouTube- Best Actress Oscar Winners (1927/28-2008)[/ame]

Best Actor Winners

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ftEf1pG8Ms"]YouTube- Best Actor Oscar Winners (1927/28-2008)[/ame]

Best Supporting Actress winners 1936-2008
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfTJsJya6FA"]YouTube- Best Supporting Actress Oscar Winners (1936-2008)[/ame]

Best Supporting Actor Winners 1936-2008

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqG-LNlJlI0"]YouTube- Best Supporting Actor Oscar Winners (1936-2008)[/ame]
Old 02-21-2010, 09:38 PM   #60
Ashton

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine
Relationship Status:
retired

Thanked 1,528 Times in 461 Posts
Ashton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
Another actor I like from the old guard is Robert Taylor.
Handsome devil and married to Barbara Stanwyck.
Out of all of his movies, I think Westward the Women has to be one of his best.

YouTube- ROBERT TAYLOR FILMS Westward the Women (1951) II
One of my favorites not many folks know this one!!

"Judge not that ye be not judged."
"Do Unto Other that ye would have done unto thy"

See My Photography here
[IMG]
Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashton For This Useful Post: