Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,099 Times in 8,593 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

What would I do with a 50 million lottery win?

Would quit working but be on call as a consultant. Would consult over the phone and Skype.

Would contact a financial advisor (my employer makes one available to employees) to give me some needed advice.

Would call David Bromstad from My Lottery Dream Home to help me find homes on both coasts.

Would buy homes and set up trusts for my family.

Would invest in real estate Michigan, Mississippi, Louisiana, NY, CA.

Would give money to my favorite charities plus some.

Would hit the international jazz festivals starting with Montreux (then Havana, CapeTown, Panama, Kraków, Monterey, Newport, Lisbon).

Would visit all the countries my DNA can be traced to.

I'd have fun blowin' some cash with plenty left over.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2019, 11:29 AM   #42
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I went back to the beginning, but I never answered this question...

Give to our family
Buy land in a remote area and build a compound for family to live on.
Prep for the apocalypse
Fund a restaurant/food bank in a poor area that would provide jobs and training.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2019, 01:06 PM   #43
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I would:

Set up trust for land to build an LGBTQ senior housing on that would be self sustaining!

Build a HUGE animal refuge sanctuary with GREAST help....food...water....fun places to play...great kennels for each to have spacious accomodations

Buy a nice oceanfront place to live on East Coast

Travel to see other parts of the world!

Donate to Womens' Shelters locally

Fire tRUMP!...

Take care of my CHOSEN family!
Old 07-09-2019, 03:27 PM   #44
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'd pay off my house, my parent's house and my sister-in-law's house. I'd take care of most, but not all, of my daughter's student loans and set up an emergency fund for her.

I'd kick a ton in to the building we are going to be building from scratch at work that will double our housing possibilities, including more housing for homeless adults with children and I would add in an animal shelter on site so that people don't have to surrender their pets due to homelessness. And we used to have a pool but it needed repairs that we couldn't afford. I'd put in a new pool because that pool rocked. Was such a treat when we could go for a swim before or after work and it was so good for the residents.

And I'd love a no-frills trip to Ireland.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2019, 04:20 PM   #45
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

I would buy my old house. I loved that house.

pay off my college debt..hmm

build a cabin in the woods. Completely off grid with a huge stocked pond.

and maybe travel some.

buy Pete his own castle. babah and call it Petelandia
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2019, 07:01 PM   #46
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,009 Posts
Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

Hmm.

Make sure that my parents and sister/ nephews and chosen family are comfortable.

Invest some.

Buy a private island and open a cat sanctuary. I love cats.

The end
She was bored. She loved, had capacity to love, for love, to give and accept love. Only she tried twice and failed twice to find somebody not just strong enough to deserve it, earn it, match it, but even brave enough to accept it.”

~William Faulkner, The Town
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2019, 09:24 PM   #47
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Say, I'm lucky winning 1Mil. Would expect 500K in windfall taxes. Would hire an attourney, CPA, and all else would be on my wealth management team at my chosen large bank. Would not tell anyone except maybe my Partner, holding off only for Her ne'er do well siblings who are known to mooch. My Partner is a chatterbox who would let it slip.

Would take out only what we needed to start living Her dream of having a large RV bus. Would need to modestly gift left wing charities, including beginning a domestic medical care group similar to Doctors without Borders with personal labor and seed money. Various small donations to pro-sex and pro-choice organizations

Having no family, Partner and I will off on the road to the US National Parks. Before leaving, make a down pmt for a 2bdrm Adobe house in/near Gallup, NM, Flagstaff AZ, or somewhere in that region.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:37 AM   #48
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,003 Times in 9,945 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Updating my list from last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
If I won the lottery (for real, lol), I'd pay off my six-figure higher education debt (guess what's most important to me, next presidential 20/20 election) *FIRST*.

Then, I'd create a non-profit medical center to serve the needs for those who need medical help or need medical supplies and can't afford either to see a doctor or buy medicine. AND, said medical center would have to have accessible body centered care treatment teams for diabetics and access to insulin for zero cost or some small donation along in-kind type trade for services.

That's just a start for now.

But, I'd like to also put some of the lottery winnings to good use by creating a food network of some sort to help feed anybody who needs access to clean food.

After that,...or even before,.... create a national campaign to bring about the adoption of law to regard water as a human right, deserving of full protection, so no one will die of thirst.

Last but not least, I know- I know, lol, it's dream of sorts, this 'winning the lottery', but I'd take a nice long vacation, go on a walk-about, providing my legs hold up, and visit places around the northern continent of our country. Maybe go up to Canada, visit Montana, visit rural areas, go coast to coast, but mostly visit northern territories I've never seen before (as long as it is possible to visit such places). Maybe....Take a few pictures. Eat some local foods. Purchase arts and crafts from local artists. Invest in another's happiness, and my own, somehow.
My list above is pretty much the same except I would also like to help local chapters of Domestic Violence Shelters in ways that help keep shelters still open and in ways that help victims and their children too. Like maybe set aside special subsidies available to DV shelters, so they can do something special for victims who need special help in restoring order to their world. Like maybe book an salon appt to get a special hair cut or salon service. Or set aside funds to help a victim move into their first apt after leaving an abuser or helping them with unexpected purchases necessary to their survival.

Most victims don't have any financial resources. I didn't, so I know as I too was a victim of DV.

And I would want to leave a special set of funding in place for DV shelters so they can keep their building up to code or pay yearly taxes on property or have enough funding for special support staff. Those who staff DV shelters need proper breaks from service, so leave enough funding to help staff members have time away and time off so they can recoup their energy and be able to renew their perspective and be with their own circle of family and friends. DV not only is emotionally taxing to the victim but to those who serve the needs of victims who experience Domestic Violence.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
lottery, win