*~*~*~*~*

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
♡ dee ♡ Mel

Thanked 49,418 Times in 12,427 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenna View Post
True. But when there's a State of Emergency all companies should pay "admin time" like when I worked for one company that did pay us for any time they sent us home or closed.
Totally agree! Mine does not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2018, 09:11 PM   #242
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 2,376 Times in 648 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

I think we are at 10 to 11 inches of snow!

Speaking of work......
For us they tell us not to come in if we donít feel safe. The company doesnít close and we have to use from our pto if we want to get paid. Iím staying home... today and tomorrow. Reason? Other drivers! I had no problems driving up north in the snow but here it gets insane. People sliding and hitting the breaks I just donít get why they can not GET it. Itís all good I donít mind the couple days off.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:38 AM   #243
girl_dee
*~*~*~*~*

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
♡ dee ♡ Mel

Thanked 49,418 Times in 12,427 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL1 View Post
I think we are at 10 to 11 inches of snow!

Speaking of work......
For us they tell us not to come in if we donít feel safe. The company doesnít close and we have to use from our pto if we want to get paid. Iím staying home... today and tomorrow. Reason? Other drivers! I had no problems driving up north in the snow but here it gets insane. People sliding and hitting the breaks I just donít get why they can not GET it. Itís all good I donít mind the couple days off.
i am right there with you! Our drivers cannot drive in perfect conditions. Itís 15 degrees and there is ice everywhere.

i do mind these days off as they donít pay us for them, and i really donít want to use vacation time for this.

One thing you cannot control, is the weather

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2018, 06:30 AM   #244
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'
Relationship Status:
I wake up to Daddy's smile every day

Thanked 89,932 Times in 21,334 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenna View Post
True. But when there's a State of Emergency all companies should pay "admin time" like when I worked for one company that did pay us for any time they sent us home or closed.
Absolutely but companies get out of it when a state of emergency is not in effect by saying 'if you feel comfortable to do so', come in. That way, they take liability off of the table. They don't have to pay and they don't get any feedback if something happens while on the way to work due to the weather conditions. My company is like this and if I can't stay due to the weather, I have to take from my time bank.

We didn't get a lot of snow yesterday but then the misty rain made it all slushy and what didn't melt, froze, so there's a ton of ice out there.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: