Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Pet Connection Site -ideas, support & feedback

I've created www.fosterpetconnection.com

its a project very important to me and I'd love your feedback, ideas, suggestions. Not only is it a pet care provider site to network or provide care - free or fee based, but a place for rescues adoptions

but you can create a profile to share pics of your pets, discussions, information and more.

Soon we will be ramping up online seminars on providing long and short term foster care and in-home pet sitting. This is a great way to make extra money if you love pets and have room in your home and heart to provide loving care.

please post ideas, suggestions and comments here and please please share the site link with your facebook friends or any friends or organizations.

We're still working and building. Thanks!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:56 AM   #2
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

bump bump bump
Old 02-25-2011, 08:05 AM   #3
cuddlyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,270 Posts
cuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

In May I agreed to foster a kitty named, Goldie, who was 4, orange, long hair Tabby mix. In June I adopted her I really like the idea of adopting an older cat because most people want kittens. I find adopting an older cat good because you don't have to go through all the training and stuff.
Great thread!
cuddlyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:28 AM   #4
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Your site looks great, and the mission is wonderful. Thank you for sharing your work.

I have a rescue dog with specific care needs and it is often difficult to find the resources (both in pet care and training) that he needs.

My dog, though well trained and socialized in his first two years, has become reactive with other dogs. It took me a long time to find a reputable behaviorist to work with us; despite the fact that I live in an area that is extremely dog-friendly and full of trainers and doggy day care centers. It is also really difficult to find him overnight care (when I have to travel) because he can't stay in a kennel or regular boarding facility. I rely on close friends who know and understand his needs to help me care for him when I am away.

Many rescue dogs do have physical or emotional health needs that makes them unsuitable to be housed with other dogs. I wonder if it is possible to have a section on care (foster care, training, regular dog care walking/sitting/boarding) for dogs who are reactive and/or have special medical needs.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:37 AM   #5
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

It would be interesting to look around on your site. I will not be able to do that unless I give you my email address and a password. Why do you need my email address? What do you do with my email address? It makes no sense to me. There are plenty of pet rescue websites that do not require my email address.
Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:00 PM   #6
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
It would be interesting to look around on your site. I will not be able to do that unless I give you my email address and a password. Why do you need my email address? What do you do with my email address? It makes no sense to me. There are plenty of pet rescue websites that do not require my email address.

you don't need to join. Its ok but we require it because it is a social network. We are not a rescue. I'll add more info later I hurt my hand and typing one handed.

you can offer long term dog boarding, like I do here at the farm for one or more dogs and charge a fee, do a trade or donate. every circumstance is different.

alot we allow free ads, for now and a section for adoption, the point is for animal lovers like you and I, who have animals, want to offer discounted or free long term boarding services aka foster care for military or people that must be away from their pets for an extended period.

I am busy. I'm set up for many dogs but I am turning business away from all over the country from pet owners needing in-home temporary foster care. This network will be an innovative way to help people and animals. there's lots of loving people out there that can provide a good temporary home and could really use the extra few hundred a month to pay bills. Or a family who can take care of a military dog, give them peace of mind and a huge discount over traditional boarding and the family a few extra hundred dollars which every family needs.

make more sense? I'll type more later as well as continue developing the site.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2011, 12:17 PM   #7
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
Your site looks great, and the mission is wonderful. Thank you for sharing your work.

I have a rescue dog with specific care needs and it is often difficult to find the resources (both in pet care and training) that he needs.

My dog, though well trained and socialized in his first two years, has become reactive with other dogs. It took me a long time to find a reputable behaviorist to work with us; despite the fact that I live in an area that is extremely dog-friendly and full of trainers and doggy day care centers. It is also really difficult to find him overnight care (when I have to travel) because he can't stay in a kennel or regular boarding facility. I rely on close friends who know and understand his needs to help me care for him when I am away.

Many rescue dogs do have physical or emotional health needs that makes them unsuitable to be housed with other dogs. I wonder if it is possible to have a section on care (foster care, training, regular dog care walking/sitting/boarding) for dogs who are reactive and/or have special medical needs.
yes very good point. My business grew mainly from dogs that could not handle traditional boarding or hand special needs. I have a few areasm one bedroom next to my bedroom set up for older dogs, baby monitor if needed
One lady broke down and cried at my door because her and her husband hadn't been anywhere in years because of their dog that needed a lot of care and attention. I had to pick her up often to go potty and wake up in the middle of the night to check, take temp, etc. Most kennels don't do this. Or the dog that cries and shakes- holding her for hours, carrying her around while doing chores, sleeping in your bed, yadda yadda... trust me, there isnt a night I don't have a few dogs in my bed and a bunch also on beds on my bedroom floor. You are a special care giver and your primary concern should be the happiness and welfare of that animal. In turn you give pet owners tremendous peace of min they are more then happy to pay for,

I have two dogs going home after a year here. They look happy, healthy and during the stay I email, send videos, pics with santa, whatever I can do to give that family peace of mind. OMG I love my job! Some people can pay, and should, top dollar, but this affords me the chance to take a womans dog for 6 month at a really low discount while she deals with divorce, relocation of her and her children. I helped her keep her dog instead of it ending up in a pound. She was happy, thrilled to pay the discounted price of 200 a month plus food while she and her kids stayed with friends. I was happy to do it. Its all about balance and I have to have more full paid to do a few discounts. you decide what you can afford to provide or the breeds or sizes.

I was knocked down by a mastiff yesterday during play. I'm hurt! lol but i'm use to this, its my full time job. Others can handle a cat, a small dog, maybe a bird. you never really know unless you put it out there and see who bites.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #8
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

What you offer makes more sense yes........

thanks............it's a great idea and good luck.

It's just a shame you have to join to browse your website......I'm sure you might be losing potential foster care folks by requiring folks to join in order to look at your pet care classifieds or events or donate or translated content. At least on my computer you have to be a member to look at any of those topics.

Hope you hand gets better...........gotta love those big ole slobbery mastiffs....
Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:27 PM   #9
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

You are on to something here... good luck!
Something else people need to consider is that many of our soldiers are having to leave pets behind and they are ending up in shelters when they would like nothing more to come home to their pet or pets... Perhaps you could take a look at this program and see if maybe you could work with them...
www.guardianangelsforsoldierspet.org
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:31 AM   #10
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
What you offer makes more sense yes........

thanks............it's a great idea and good luck.

It's just a shame you have to join to browse your website......I'm sure you might be losing potential foster care folks by requiring folks to join in order to look at your pet care classifieds or events or donate or translated content. At least on my computer you have to be a member to look at any of those topics.

Hope you hand gets better...........gotta love those big ole slobbery mastiffs....
I don't think so because we have to protect the overall integrity of the site. Everything carefully monitored. If you're unsure create a free web based email. People are networking and looking to provide care or seek care. They will want to know the people are real.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:40 AM   #11
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by justkim View Post
You are on to something here... good luck!
Something else people need to consider is that many of our soldiers are having to leave pets behind and they are ending up in shelters when they would like nothing more to come home to their pet or pets... Perhaps you could take a look at this program and see if maybe you could work with them...
www.guardianangelsforsoldierspet.org

perhaps you didnt read my post or the site or overlooked. At least 70 % are military. Offering a discount for them over traditional boarding which could be over 1000.00 a month is something they really need.
Sure there are sites out there hooking up free care but try and email them and see how long you wait or how much work. *this* is what I do and work hard to make it easy for them. I had customer who used a free connection site and while overseas was informed that she needed to pick up her dog asap. I actually helped make the arrangements to pick up the dog. It was awful. This can happen anywhere, any time but we hope through proper training and referrals to build a dependable network.