Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 03-01-2011, 09:35 PM   #1
Pops

How Do You Identify?:
Dyke
Relationship Status:
Taken

Pops is on a distinguished road
Default California AIDS Lifecyce Ride June 2011

I am asking for you help in raising funds for the SF AIDS Foundation this year. I need your donation to reach the minimum $3000. Yup that's right. I have to raise $3000 dollars just to ride. I have to train also and in lots of ways that's the easy part. It's not though it's a lot of work down both avenues.

30 years ago in June the first official case of HIV/AIDS was recorded at the CDC.

10 years ago the SF AIDS Foundation started up their own fundraising biking event.

You ride for 7 days, 565 miles. You ride with 2500 other cyclist. It's not a race, its a rolling community that gets up at 4:30am and gets on their bikes for anywhere from 65 miles to 110 miles per day... Hills and more hills, heat, wind... and lots of love and fun.

It's all to raise funds for much needed programs that support many people in our community and around the world.

So donate to my ride. And if you have a bit more go donate to someone else too if you know somebody else who is riding or volunteering to take care of the riders all week.

Follow this link and please be generous. http://www.tofighthiv.org/goto/jkimball

Thank you
Pops is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pops For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
Pops

How Do You Identify?:
Dyke
Relationship Status:
Taken

I am clawing my up to $1000 dollars. Let me get to that mark today. I have $980. I need $3000. Donate please. The money goes towards programs at the SF AIDS Foundation. They support not only programs in San Francisco but all over the world to help prevent and to help people with HIV/AIDS.

I ride the miles, I do the training. I give up many activities and hours of sleep to participate in this wonderful event. So donate please. You help people in this community through these programs.

http://www.tofighthiv.org/goto/jkimball
The Following User Says Thank You to Pops For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
Pops

How Do You Identify?:
Dyke
Relationship Status:
Taken

Default Donate to the AIDS Lifecycle Ride!

I need 8 more online donations to receive an incentive award for fundraising for the 2011 AIDS Lifecyle Ride. Donate in honor of Elizabeth Taylor!

The incentive gift is from the SF AIDS Foundation to riders who get 17 online donations between March 17th and March 24th. It sounds kinda of corny but ya know what it helps with to motivate us in raising $3000. It's a lot of work, and worth it.

Last night after dinner I got on my bike that is sitting on my trainer in my living room and rode it for 45 minutes. I rode for 2.5 hours on Sunday while the rain poured down. All indoors. It's not easy riding on a trainer. You have to fight sitting hard on the saddle, pedaling constantly with no excuse to stop to smell the flowers. Though bathroom breaks in your own bathroom is a joy versus the bush along the side of the road.

So where does Elizabeth Taylor come into this equation? She was the first "famous" person to speak out about AIDS and to help raise funds for AIDS organization. Her AIDS charities have raised millions of dollars for programs to fight HIV/AIDS. She put herself out there when President Ronald Reagan would not utter the words during his entire Presidency. Without her presence, hard work and dedication many more people would be infected, dead or without much needed help.

So donate, so I can get a ALC logo'd shower bag to use on the ride, for Liz Taylor and her legacy in this fight. For a friend who you know that has HIV/AIDS, for a parent, for a brother, sister, coworker.

http://www.tofighthiv.org/goto/jkimball