Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-13-2010, 08:20 AM   #1
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Baking Dog Treats

I need help from the experienced bakers on the planet. I am a great cook but I suck suck at baking. I would like to make a healthy cupcake treat for my dogs. Obviously I dont want to use sugar but I do want to use;

pumpkin or sweet potato
hemp seed or flax seed oil (for health)
sugar free dried berries
sugar free cream cheese icing
whole wheat, oats, whole grains

I have a few dogs that have joint problems so I might add Glucosamine Chondroitin powder after mixing before baking. I'm not sure how to do this successful.

I'd like to get a few recipes that are yummy and healthy but also address a few health issues. When you must take a supplement everyday its much nicer in a treat.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:55 AM   #2
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

funny you posted this I am making treats for the pack today or tomorrow..

Peanut Butter Goodness Dog Treats
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups white flour
1/2 cup peanut butter (all-natural or organic)
1 cup water
2 tablespoons oil
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Combine oil, peanut butter and water. Add flour, one cup at a time, forming a dough. Knead dough into firm ball and roll to 1/4 inch thickness.

Cut into 3 to 4 inch pieces. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes. Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2010, 09:38 AM   #3
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_girl View Post

1 1/2 cups white flour
1 cup water
2 tablespoons oil
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Combine oil, peanut butter and water. Add flour, one cup at a time, forming a dough. Knead dough into firm ball and roll to 1/4 inch thickness.

Cut into 3 to 4 inch pieces. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes. Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
Oh wow thank you! Do you have any others? Can I add flax seed? will that screw up the texture? Like i said I'm a novice baker.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #4
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_girl View Post

1 1/2 cups white flour
1 cup water
2 tablespoons oil

I'm jazzed! I have all of these ingredients, so I'm going to make these today! How long do these keep, Sassy? (To give as gifts next week....)

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:50 AM   #5
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
Oh wow thank you! Do you have any others? Can I add flax seed? will that screw up the texture? Like i said I'm a novice baker.
I think that flax seed is good but maybe the dogs will go too much like fiber...?? I don't know I never made dog treats before...
Old 12-13-2010, 10:15 AM   #6
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Diva can you freeze cookies? Can you make the dough ahead and bake a day or so before you give them? You know much more about this then i do.

I don't think flax seed will be too much fiber. I wonder about a recipe I pull back the flour, add oats and flax seed. Anyone ever eat those Vootermans Flax Seed cookies? They are wonderful. My poodles goes ape shit over them. I'd love to make something sugar free and natural like these. In fact I don't think I've met a dog yet that didnt like them. I take care of dogs every day as my job. I don't give them the cookies a lot but you know how it is- "Ok, I'll give you ONE BITE!"

I use a lot of natural foods and herbs on my farm including with my pig and chickens. Sweet potatoes, certain oils, herbs. I make these yummy medicine balls for them using all kinds of stuff with grapefruit seed extract (antibiotic) fresh mints, parsley and spices that are natural anti inflammatory. I'd love to make treats using some of this on a regular or seasonal basis. As winter approaches I give my hens cod liver oil, baked sweet potatoes, even buy bulk ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and sprinkle it on stuff. wow i need a mega cookie or cupcake!
Old 12-13-2010, 10:30 AM   #7
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

My dogs like any cookie you give them as long as its a treat..so If I make them they will like them I'm sure..
Old 12-13-2010, 11:37 AM   #8
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Diva can you freeze cookies? Can you make the dough ahead and bake a day or so before you give them? You know much more about this then i do.
Well....I have YOU fooled!

I don't know why this recipe couldn't be frozen. Single layers, maybe, with wax or parchment paper, so they won't stick together.

I'm making them this afternoon. I'll keep You posted!
Old 12-13-2010, 11:51 AM   #9
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

I'm wondering if you could use almond butter instead of peanut butter I have almond butter and the dogs love it...so do I..
Old 12-13-2010, 12:19 PM   #10
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I'm jazzed! I have all of these ingredients, so I'm going to make these today! How long do these keep, Sassy? (To give as gifts next week....)

I used to make them freeze half but now I have a big pack of big dogs to treat so I am thinking they won't make it a week lol
Old 12-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #11
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstixgal View Post
My dogs like any cookie you give them as long as its a treat..so If I make them they will like them I'm sure..
Yup or maybe half almond half PB? I add a lil vanilla to anything to make it more yummy..
Old 12-13-2010, 12:23 PM   #12
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

This is not exactly my old recipe buts it's close... most of this is in any kitchen pantry..

Low Fat Carrot Dog Treats
Ingredients:
1 med. banana (ripe, please)
1 c. shredded carrots*
1/4 c. unsweetened applejuice
1/8 c. water (maybe more, as needed)
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour (keep some handy for rolling)
1 c. rolled oats
Directions:
Start off by preheating your oven to 350 degrees, lightly spraying a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkling a little flour onto the surface your’re planning to use to roll out the dough.
In a medium bowl, mash up the banana and mix in the shredded carrots. To the carrot and banana, add the water and applesauce. Stir. Next, add the water and applesauce. Stir all of the ingredients together until they are thoroughly combined.
Using your hands, knead the mixture until a dough forms. Dump the dough onto the lightly floured surface that you prepared earlier. Roll it out until it’s about a half inch thick. Using a cookie cutter (bone shapes are fun!) or the rim of a small glass, cut into 3″ pieces. Place the pieces onto your lightly sprayed baking sheet.
Bake the dog treats for 25 minutes.
Before “serving”, let them cool completely. Here’s a tip that you may find useful: If your dog likes a little more crunch to his treats, then turn off the oven and let the treats cool there overnight.
This recipe makes about 24 low fat, healthy dog treats. My dog can eat them up pretty quickly, but they’ll actually last about 3 weeks, if stored in the fridge and up to 6 months, if you decide to freeze them.
*About the shredded carrots…I like to buy mine already shredded in the grocery, but if you do the shredding yourself, you should keep the skin on. That’ll add an extra nutritional punch to the recipe. Regardless of whether or not you buy them shredded or do them yourself, give the shredded carrots a rough chop before adding them to the recipe. The treats will come out better if they’re a little bit smaller.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:27 PM   #13
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post

I used to make them in bone shapes and give them out as treats for my doggie friends.. .. Sometimes I use more PB and all whole wheat flour.. add vanilla.. whatever.. just like cookies for people just no butter or sugar!
Old 12-13-2010, 02:03 PM   #14
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums
Default THE Cookies!

All I can say is......

Lucy Tested.

Lucy Approved.

I used crunchy PB, but followed the recipe. This recipe made 40 2 1/2" 'bone'-shapped cookies....yeah, I just happened to have bone-shaped cookie cutters lyin' around...

It's an easy knead ~ not a lot of energy taken there. Maybe turn it over 10-15 times. Roll~out's a cinch. I just used parchment paper. Cooled on a rack about 10-15 minutes then put them in a zip~lock bag.

And Lucy does love them. They will be given at Christmas. I guess NOW she's gonna want her own apron.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2010, 03:05 PM   #15
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

These are kinda good with Nutella.

Diva Tested.
Diva Approved.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:21 PM   #16
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Sachita -

My gf made my dog doggie cupcakes on his birthday. She found the recipe (and lots others) on the internet. I only give my dog all natural stuff, and of course I would prefer to give him a cupcake/cookie that is made for dogs (that humans can eat too...it was pretty bland, but the dog was good with it!)

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2010, 08:45 PM   #17
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Sachita -

My gf made my dog doggie cupcakes on his birthday. She found the recipe (and lots others) on the internet. I only give my dog all natural stuff, and of course I would prefer to give him a cupcake/cookie that is made for dogs (that humans can eat too...it was pretty bland, but the dog was good with it!)
Do you have a cupcake recipe?
Old 12-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #18
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Do you have a cupcake recipe?

Yes, will look for it and post it.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:39 PM   #19
TickledPink

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Girly Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss Pink
Relationship Status:
Shacked UP

Location: The Holt-Mason Chateau Decherd/I'm a NashVegas Girl!
Thanked 1,998 Times in 607 Posts
TickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST Reputation

Peanut Butter Puppy Poppers

2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 375'F. In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, mix peanut butter and milk, then add to dry ingredients and mix well. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness and use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Bake for 20 minutes on a greased baking sheet until lightly brown. Cool on a rack, then store in an airtight container.
TickledPink is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TickledPink For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2010, 10:11 PM   #20
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Peanut Butter Hound Cookies
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil ( I use Coconut oil...healthy essential fat)
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup wheat germ
3/4 cup oatmeal
1 1/2 cups flour( Instead, I grind oatmeal and flax meal in the blender to make flour)
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp baking powder

Directions: Combine all ingredients and mix on low until well blended. Make into 1 tablespoon sized balls and place on un-greased cookie sheet. Flatten balls to 1/4 inch using tines of fork. Bake at 325°F for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Yields approximately 20 cookies. I add pumpkin to this, and sometimes I add egg.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post: