Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 03-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #21
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

The best way to feed yourself if you are not at home in the kitchen is to keep it simple.

Today's example...

You need dip to bring to your poker game tomorrow, (try to make dips a day ahead, it helps the flavors burst) and you don't like the store bought junk.

Get a large container of sour cream, the real stuff, it's good for you.

Add 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese and one heaping teaspoon of Basil Pesto.

Stir up real good. You can put the sour cream in a big bowl to avoid slopping it all over the counter, and put back in container after it's mixed real well.

If you are watching carbs or calories use veggies not chips to dip OR rolled up ham/pepperoni/salami slices stab em with toothpicks to keep them rolled up. Chunks of cheese would be great also.

The next day everyone will think you are a Chef
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #22
wahya
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
im good

wahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Looking for different recipies for cabbage. Trying to get my daughter (who is 25) to try to eat it. Nothing has worked so far. Lol She is STILL a picky eater. (Must be a healthy one)
wahya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wahya For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #23
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahya View Post
Looking for different recipies for cabbage. Trying to get my daughter (who is 25) to try to eat it. Nothing has worked so far. Lol She is STILL a picky eater. (Must be a healthy one)
Sometimes folks don't like a certain food cooked but love it raw. You might want to try different cabbages, like Bok Choy, which is totally different than regular cabbage (green or purple). My son loves raw spinach, but hates it cooked.

Another thing you might try is giving her seeds to grow her own cabbage, this way she might have a different attitude if it's HER cabbage. She can control the care/feeding/protection of her special plants. They will grow in pots, don't need a garden.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2013, 02:00 PM   #24
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Was thinking about coconut oil and found a good site. am not affiliated with this site.

http://www.hybridrastamama.com/2012/...conut-Oil.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #25
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Here's a simple recipe:

cook your favorite pasta, rinse in cold water, drain well.

toss it into a large bowl, add favorite dressing, fav veggies, some shredded cheese, chopped olives, left over meat like chicken or lunch meat, ham?

toss well, chill til cold, serve. An easy make ahead dish for potluck, party, or lunch for the week.

You could go ethnic and make it a southwest dish, black beans, chili, cheese, tomato, salsa, onion, etc, and serve it hot?

A million ways to experiment.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #26
Ascot

How Do You Identify?:
Preppy Butch artist
Relationship Status:
She’s wild about me.

Thanked 2,487 Times in 549 Posts
Ascot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahya View Post
Does she like potatoes? If so, you might want to think about easing her in with colcannon. It's an Irish dish made with cabbage (or other greens, kale, etc.) mashed together with the spuds, butter, salt and pepper to taste. I love the stuff!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #27
wahya
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
im good

wahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputation

Hey thanks for everyones ideas. I am using a nook until a few days waiting on my charger for my laptop and its does not let me see quite a few things on here for some reason. Sorry. But thank u thank u!
wahya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wahya For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #28
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Default More quick tips for meals.

Okay quickie tip.

Love meatloaf?

2 lbs of ground meat
1 pkg herbed stuffing, smash it into crumbs, be sure to poke a hole in the bag first, or you will be vacuuming crumbs for a year.

2 eggs, whipped like scrambled eggs
add other goodies if you like, minced onion (or onion dip pkg, dry), shredded carrot, 1/2 cup applesauce, what ever you love, green pepper etc...

mix well, use your hands, works better and more fun.

make one big loaf or several small ones, (you can throw them in the freezer for quick meals later after baking. You can put a strip of bacon on top, 1/2 strip on little ones, 2 or 3 on one big loaf.

Bake in 350 degree oven for one hour (big one loaf) or 45 min for little ones or meatballs.

OR you can put them in your slow cooker, set the potatoes on top, and you have a meal fit for a KING or QUEEN.... If you put the potatoes on the bottom, the grease from the meatloaf will flavor the taters and your meatloaf will have less grease... just sayin'.

You can even make them into meatballs, bake, freeze and all ya gotta do is thaw or throw in crock pot frozen with a big can (jar) of your fav sauce, put on low, dinner is ready when you get home. Just spend 20 minutes making pasta or grab a loaf of italian on the way home, and you will have a monster meatball sub for dinner, remember to have salad also!

For the best baked potatoes:

wash well, (rub their little brown bodies with oil to keep skins soft) put in crockpot (slow cooker) slow for all day (if you are going to work) or high if you are home and can check on them after a few hours.

DO NOT ADD WATER

Omg soft, and perfect for meatloaf dinner. You can do the same thing with sweet potatoes... yummy
Old 04-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #29
Daktari

Salad makes it diet food!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #30
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Simmering now:

1lb ground beef
3 Italian sausage
1/2 onion chopped
1 tblsp basil pesto
3 heaping tsp minced garlic
dollup olive oil
1 jar Prego sauce
carton fresh shrooms

mmmmmmmmmmmmm...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #31
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Default New taste for lunch.

Are you sick and tired of the same old sandwich?

Try this:

Lunch meat: I used tavern ham and genoa salami

Cheese: Asiago (sliced thin)

Condiment: Mayonaise WITH about 1/4 teaspoon of basil pesto smeared over the mayonnaise on ONE slice of the bread (Chicago Italian) mix in good.

add: whatever veggies you like. Onion, lettuce, etc.

The pesto Makes the sandwich. You will never be the same again.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #32
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Does anyone make pesto with herbs other than basil?

I wonder what a mint pesto, or Thai basil would be like? This would make a great experiment don't you think? Hoe ly Crow, what about Greek Oregano???

Humm. Mint pesto on fruit? in a smoothie? topping for french vanilla ice cream? Mix in water, then freeze in ice cube trays to add to ice tea? Humm. Add to fudge sauce? Now we're talking...

What about a basil base with italian herbs? ooooooo aahhaahhaa... Can't you just taste it in a pasta salad???

I'm making myself hungry
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #33
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

The roomie is a big meat eater, so for lunch I fixed a roast (cooked all morning) and instead of potatoes (her fave) I used italian bread slices to make a open face roast sammich, toasted the bread and used the Basil Pesto sour cream dip on the bread instead of butter or whatever.

It was so good she asked for 2 more... I think I found a winner. Served with steamed brocoli, etc.

Ya, I still got it.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #34
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,931 Times in 9,910 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Creamy Garlic Casserole

It's not too hot today and since coming home from my mother's house, where she gave me a big sack of garden grown vegetables (sweet bell peppers in orange, yellow, red and green, pepperocini peppers, and a variety of Jalenpeno peppers, a variety of tomatos and kales), I am making a casserole for tonight's supper. You can use pasta or rice or soba noodles, depending on your dietary need.

I'm using pasta for tonight's dish, but I've made it with Jasmine or Brown or Wild rice or with soba noodles or even baby red potatos. I think it's the combination of the creamy garlic roux (sauce) and the vegetables that makes this dish the perfect supper to serve.

Creamy Garlic Casserole

Step 1: recipe for making creamy garlic roux sauce.

Take a complete bulb of garlic and slice up each clove into almond shaped pieces. Place about a tablespoon of Coconut oil in a skillet and sear the cloves of garlic until they appear caramelized. Reduce heat to a medium low temperature. Quickly take 3/4's of a pint of cream (or half n half) and a 1/3 cup of flour and shake it up in a glass jar. Pour roux mixture over the caramelized garlic. While mixture is heating up in the skillet, sprinkle a bit of sea salt and cracked pepper corns over the mixture. Stir well as mixture thickens in the skillet. Set mixture aside, until ready to combine with other casserole ingredients.

Step 2: preparing vegetables and pasta.

4 - Sweet Bell Peppers (use half of each: green, yellow, orange and red)
2 - Pepperocini Peppers
1 - Jalepeno Pepper
1 - Red Chili Pepper
A handful of vine rippened cherry or plum tomatoes
A small block of Monterey Jack cheese (about 4 ounces)
2 cups of cooked pasta (or your choice of: rice, soba noodles or potatoes).

Directions: wash and clean peppers and slice them into bite sized pieces.
In a separate bowl, wash and clean and slice up the tomatoes into diced up bits. Slice up the block of Monterey Jack cheese into bite sized cubes. Place about a tablespoon of Coconut oil in a skillet and add all the peppers. Sear them in the skillet until they turn a bright color. Reduce heat and add the pasta (rice or noodles or potatos). Stir pasta and peppers together thoroughly in the skillet, then add the cubed Monterey Jack cheese. Turn the heat off the skillet. Cap the skillet and let the pasta, creamy garlic roux sauce and cheese meld together for about 15 minutes. When ready to serve, place some fresh bits of tomato on top of each serving and sprinkle with a bit of Parmesan cheese.

*Enjoy!*

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #35
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

PoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST Reputation
Default 8 steps for freezing herbs in oil -great idea

Freeze Fresh Herbs In Olive Oil to use when not in season and it’s a great way to have herbs ready immediately for winter stews, roasts, soups, and potato dishes! I LOVE THIS!

8 Steps for Freezing Herbs in Oil
1. Choose firm, fresh herbs, ideally from the market or your own garden.
2. If you wish, you can chop them fine. Or leave them in larger sprigs and leaves. Here I froze a combination of finely-chopped and whole herbs such as rosemary, fennel stalk, sage, and oregano.
3. Pack the wells of ice cube trays about 2/3 full of herbs.
4. You can mix up the herbs, too; think about freezing a bouquet garni of sage, thyme, and rosemary to add to winter roast chickens and potatoes!
5. Pour extra-virgin olive oil or melted, unsalted butter over the herbs.
6. Cover lightly with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
7. Remove the frozen cubes and store in freezer containers or small bags.
8. Don't forget to label each container or bag with the type of herb (and oil) inside!
• Preserving herbs in oil reduces some of the browning and freezer burn that herbs can get in the freezer.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #36
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,331 Times in 2,662 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs down

I made chia seed pudding last night.

It is vegan and raw, and

That's pretty much all it has going for it.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #37
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Spinach leaves make a great pesto too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
Does anyone make pesto with herbs other than basil?

I wonder what a mint pesto, or Thai basil would be like? This would make a great experiment don't you think? Hoe ly Crow, what about Greek Oregano???

Humm. Mint pesto on fruit? in a smoothie? topping for french vanilla ice cream? Mix in water, then freeze in ice cube trays to add to ice tea? Humm. Add to fudge sauce? Now we're talking...

What about a basil base with italian herbs? ooooooo aahhaahhaa... Can't you just taste it in a pasta salad???

I'm making myself hungry
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2014, 01:37 PM   #38
Sunshine

How Do You Identify?:
Happy and peaceful
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Sunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

Hello Nycfem,

It might be a little bit more work but the end results I hope will be satisfactory to your taste.

You can use a heat tolerant oil to get the dish started and flavor it with a dash of sesame so it doesn't burn. To me sesame oil is more for flavoring the dish because it starts to burn so easily with the heat. When you cook the yellow onions especially in stir fry, onions sweat a lot so you might want to cook them first and get rid of all the access water from them.

It might be a good idea to marinade the tofu in the coconut milk and some basil to flavor it and add these three items at the end of the cooking process. (I do apologize, I have never cooked with tofu) I only say this because tofu I believe is a moist item and you don't want to dry it out.

The point of all of this is so your dish will not be full of moisture and you will taste every item in the dish and not taste just the sauce because it cooked all together, it tends to loose some flavor.

I hope this helps and don't forget to season, a bit of Himalayan salt and a dash of pepper

Bon Appetite!
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2014, 03:13 PM   #39
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,586 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation

I would say for best, roasted flavor in stir-frys Sesame Oil is by far my favorite. Coconut oil is my second favorite.
Either way, they are both great for you .
I have included below one of my fav stir fry dishes!!
Enjoy. So, easy to prepare too!

http://minimalistbaker.com/tofu-that...good-stir-fry/

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2014, 06:07 PM   #40
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

That recipe looks soooo good! I especially like the hints about making good quality tofu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbypoem View Post
I would say for best, roasted flavor in stir-frys Sesame Oil is by far my favorite. Coconut oil is my second favorite.
Either way, they are both great for you .
I have included below one of my fav stir fry dishes!!
Enjoy. So, easy to prepare too!

http://minimalistbaker.com/tofu-that...good-stir-fry/

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post: