The Butch Zone For all things "Butch"

Old 04-28-2018, 06:06 PM   #21
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

BUMP BUMP...............
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2018, 08:10 PM   #22
CowboyJ

How Do You Identify?:
FtM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He or Him
Relationship Status:
Ask

CowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST Reputation

1. Your shirts: do you send them out? wash and iron them yourself? Drip dry?

I used to send all of my laundry out, pre kids, now I do all of our laundry myself and yes, I iron my shirts, even if they are perma press, I like them ironed.

2. If you wear cotton boxers do you iron them?

I wear boxer briefs and do not iron them .

3. Do you ball your socks, fold them as pairs or randomize them in a drawer or basket?

I roll them up and fold one over the other. Athletic socks have their own drawer, dark socks in a drawer and light socks in another, all neatly placed.

4. Your jeans, ironed or no?

Yes, ironed always!

5. Hand-washing of sweaters and knit vests, yes or no?

I do not hand wash sweaters but I do wear them. Usually have them dry cleaned.

6. Do you have a specific day your do your laundry or is it an on going project?

Usually do all my household chores on Saturday, depends on what is going on. Rarely do laundry during the week.

7. Are you proprietary concerning your laundry or can others participate in the cleaning of your clothes?

I would share laundry duties, however we would have to agree on how things would be folded, etc.

8. Do the same rules apply to your bedding or is that a separate issue?

Sheets are washed separately and taken out of the dryer immediately folded.
CowboyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CowboyJ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2018, 10:32 AM   #23
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,325 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default So welcome to round two of questions about Butch Laundry!

1. What is your position on spot removers? If you use them, how many do you have and which brands do you recommend?

2. At what point do you recognize that your favorite tee-shirt can no longer be worn out in public?

3. If there is a stain that you cannot get out what happens to this item of clothing, does it become work around the house/in the garden clothes or does it become a rag or is it banished from your life all together?

4. Scented laundry detergent or scent free?

5. Do you like your towels hung out on the line or dried in the dryer?

6. When removing your lightly worn clothes do you: a. hang them up or fold them? b. utilize a wooden valet? c. the back of the bedroom chair works fine? d. what is this "lightly worn" you speak of, everything goes into the hamper.

7. What is your lend/lease policy regarding your button-down shirts, cotton boxers, tee-shirts......inquiring femmes what to know.

Again, thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my questions.

Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2018, 02:51 PM   #24
CowboyJ

How Do You Identify?:
FtM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He or Him
Relationship Status:
Ask

CowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST Reputation
Default Round 2 :)

1. What is your position on spot removers? If you use them, how many do you have and which brands do you recommend?

I have used all types of spot removers for laundry and believe it or not, the best spot remover I have found is "goop". I had some in my garage for working on cars, etc. but it does say spot remover. My daughter left some lip balm in the pocket of her coat, what a mess, I put goop on every little spot and washed it and all gone....so I use it on all spots now.

2. At what point do you recognize that your favorite tee-shirt can no longer be worn out in public?

If the collar starts to look like a v neck when it isn't, time to go to the next phase .

3. If there is a stain that you cannot get out what happens to this item of clothing, does it become work around the house/in the garden clothes or does it become a rag or is it banished from your life all together?

It would become a work shirt if it was one of my favorites, if not, rags for cleaning machine parts .

I don't use scented detergent but do use scented dryer sheets, just a calm ocean breeze or something just as subtle.

Towels in the dryer but love sheets from a nice sunny day of line drying.

6. When removing your lightly worn clothes do you: a. hang them up or fold them? b. utilize a wooden valet? c. the back of the bedroom chair works fine? d. what is this "lightly worn" you speak of, everything goes into the hamper.

Jeans or pants on the brass/wooden valet. Shirts, and everything else, always go into the laundry.

7. What is your lend/lease policy regarding your button-down shirts, cotton boxers, tee-shirts......inquiring femmes what to know.

Have those inquiring femmes give me a shout out . Actually I think there is nothing more sexy than a femme in my button down shirts or tee shirts, does she have to wear the rest?..lol..if she does, I would certainly allow it if she wanted to wear them. All of that if we were dating or in some form of relationship ...don't think I would just lend them to anyone.

Ready for round 3
CowboyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CowboyJ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2018, 03:45 PM   #25
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Love dress shirts... don't like tucking! If I knew this could be a thing for guys too, I would have looked into starting such a company myself! My ex used to tailor my shirts so I'd not have to tuck them! Sneaky!

I've not ordered from them yet but they look cool!

UNTUCKit

Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2018, 07:05 AM   #26
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I have tried most brands but Shout seems to work the best IMHO.

Any sign of fraying either around the neck or shirt sleeves.

I tend to cut up things with stains and toss them in the 'rag bag'.

I always buy a scented laundry soap. Not necessarily the same brand every time either. I like to switch that up BUT I ALWAYS buy and use Kirkland fabrics sheets from Costco!

I have no preference on towels! Either outdoor or dryer.

Slightly worn always goes right back on the hanger and are hung up in the closet.

As for my lend policy..I have no object to a femme grabbing and wearing one of my long tailed shirts or t-shirts if she is so inclined! I doubt any femme would want to wear my undergarments..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2018, 08:23 PM   #27
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftWriteFemme View Post

I use Shout in spray form.

When the collar no longer lays flat against the neck, or if it has been stretched in any way.

Around the house. I have shirts from college, yo.

Doesn't matter. Wouldn't choose a flowery scent though. I tend to choose "mountain" or "clean" scents for laundry soap or deodorant.

Dryer

b. lay across the ironing board that is always set up (cause I iron every morning).

They can take whatever they want.
Again, thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
My ex used to tailor my shirts so I'd not have to tuck them! Sneaky!

I've not ordered from them yet but they look cool!
Is your ex...ummmm...available by chance? Wowsa.

I like untuckit too, but with the cheapest shirt being $68, that is a "no go". I wouldn't wear an untucked shirt to work and I only like to spend that kind of money for work shirts (i.e. dress shirts). Even then, that amount is super rare, only if I need it for a specific event.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2018, 04:30 PM   #28
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I am curious as to what the butches use for detergent? Do y'all use softener and dryer sheets too?

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2018, 05:27 PM   #29
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
I am curious as to what the butches use for detergent? Do y'all use softener and dryer sheets too?
I usually use a scented detergent (whatever is on sale) and I love Kirkland brand fabric sheets (from Costco)!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2018, 05:28 PM   #30
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I use Arm and Hammer, sensitive skin, lightly scented detergent and dryer sheets are the sensitive skin ones too.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2018, 06:36 PM   #31
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
I use whatever mid to high end detergent is on sale. I don't use softener (I don't have any idea how that even works), and I don't use dryer sheets (and actually just goggled to find out their purpose because I wasn't certain). I say keep it simple.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2018, 09:04 PM   #32
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Laundry

This thread reminded me to run a load of laundry. I use laundry soap on sale and dryer sheets. No softener, I too don't know how to use it.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2018, 02:48 AM   #33
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftWriteFemme View Post

I use Shout. Lots of it. It'd be far less trouble to just wear a bib whenever I'm near food. Or paint. Or pens. Oh hell, who am I kidding? Bring on the Hazmat suit.

When 4 inches or so of the collar separates from the front of the shirt, and it forms its own handle. At least it's handy for carrying to the Rag Bag. And for dabbing my tears of mourning as I do so.

Hey, sometimes the stains make it cooler and I sport it proudly for all my weekend errands. Just saying.

Scent free. Though let's face it, it never is.

Dryer. I can't even remember what line-dried clothes smell like.

C.

Whenever I come home to Medusa in my tees and button downs, I always feel like Sylvester the Cat doing a triple-take at the impudent mouse brazenly carrying a hunk of cheese across the floor... but a split-second later, I'm Pepe le Pew with lovestruck eyes and my heart beating out of my chest. Go figure.
Thanks for the questions!
Old 09-19-2018, 08:42 PM   #34
Ender

How Do You Identify?:
Male (trans)
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Single

Ender Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST Reputation

1. Your shirts: do you send them out? wash and iron them yourself? Drip dry?
T-shirts; I machine wash and dry myself. Button-ups, semi-formal & formal I wash and hang dry.

2. If you wear cotton boxers do you iron them?
No, everything goes in the washer and dryer.

3. Do you ball your socks, fold them as pairs or randomize them in a drawer or basket?
Fold them in pairs.

4. Your jeans, ironed or no?
No.

5. Hand-washing of sweaters and knit vests, yes or no?
I don't own any knit vests. However, sweaters I machine wash and hang dry.

6. Do you have a specific day your do your laundry or is it an on going project?
No, whenever I run out of things to wear I'll do my laundry.

7. Are you proprietary concerning your laundry or can others participate in the cleaning of your clothes?
I have a few things I prefer to wash myself if I want them done a specific way (no dryer, etc).

8. Do the same rules apply to your bedding or is that a separate issue?
Same rules apply, but I typically do it myself and throw everything in the washer/dryer. But it is washed separately.
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ender For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2018, 08:48 PM   #35
Ender

How Do You Identify?:
Male (trans)
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Single

Ender Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST Reputation
Default Round 2

I think I just have Shout.

When there starts to be noticeable holes in it. Though, usually I'll still wear it as a work shirt.

If it's still in good shape, it typically becomes a work shirt.

I like scented as long as it's not overwhelmingly perfume-y. I like the Arm & Hammer detergent.

I have no preference. I like the smell of line-dried towels.

C. The back of a chair works fine.

Button-downs or t-shirts, fine. Boxers, maybe not.
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ender For This Useful Post:

Tags
butch, butch laundry, housekeeping, laundry, self-care