Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default Show Me Your Couch!

Jack and I broke down today and finally replaced our 12-year-old, well-loved set of green velvet couches.

This kinda spurred thinking about people and their couches. (I love to see people's style!) I'm curious! I want to see your couch! Post a pic of it please!!! I love to imagine people sitting in their living room watching TV so seeing a photo of your couch will help me oogle you, non-consensually from afar!

Today we got a couch, 2 of the chair-and-1/2, and a huge ottoman.

This is what the new set looks like:

Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

Beautiful! I don't have a couch. I have a hand-me-down, wooden-frame futon. I keep saying as soon as I find a place to stay put for awhile, I'm going to get grown-up furniture.

Cara

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Nor do I have a sofa. I do have a hand me down love seat that is a cranberry color, fabric is like a fauz corduroy, sits very low to ground, and is TOTALLY uncomfortable..BUT it is a place to sit. I have a chair and a half rocker recliner, faux chocolate suede, and a hand me down as well...BUT again..is a comfy place to sit...don't know how to download pics (maybe my GF will this weekend when she is here. Everything in here is hand me down, except my BR suite, but all of it was well loved...so is really nice things...and I am very grateful for all of it..grins..nice butchelor pad I have......
Thanks for a fun thread Medusa!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

I seriously need to hire someone to decorate my house...I'm such a freakin butchelor

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

ohhh my!!! I love it!!! I would love to have a chair and ottoman like that!! In fact.. when I get my pension plan cashed out next month I might just have to look into something like it!! Very beautiful!!

We have all second hand couches... We have talked about eventually buying a new set... first I want a bed though!! Sleeping on an air mattress sucks..

Previously known as MidnightBlueEyes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://gailsforum.files.wordpress.co...-psd340941.png
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #6
deedarino

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
In recovery.

Thanked 1,956 Times in 497 Posts
deedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputation

This is my...um....no, the kitties couch. Lol...don't look into her eyes, she will cast a spell.

Squint your eyes and look closer. I'm not between you and your ambitions. I am a poster girl with no poster. I am thirty-two flavors and then some. And I'm beyond your peripheral vision, so you might want to turn your head~Ani

I want to think again
of dangerous and noble things;
I want to be light and frolicsome;
I want to be improbable, beautiful
and afraid of nothing as if I had wings

Mary Oliver
deedarino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to deedarino For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #7
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedarino View Post
This is my...um....no, the kitties couch. Lol...don't look into her eyes, she will cast a spell.

YAAAAYYY!!! This is so creepy because I looked at one almost exactly like that. Same shape, same color! The pillows were a tiny bit different.
LOVE it!

And gimme the kitteh!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #8
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I got a standard maroon comfy couch about 5 years ago. I got a workhorse couch because I had a toddler.

Toddler did no damage. Junebug, my calico, eviscerated the couch. We don't post pictures of the couch.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to blush For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #9
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation
Default I do not have any of just the couch; but these should give you an idea.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #10
Goofy

How Do You Identify?:
Cheesecake Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
I'm blushing

Goofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blush View Post
Well, I got a standard maroon comfy couch about 5 years ago. I got a workhorse couch because I had a toddler.

Toddler did no damage. Junebug, my calico, eviscerated the couch. We don't post pictures of the couch.
Hell, we barely sit on the couch.
Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #11
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
Hell, we barely sit on the couch.
*cough*
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blush For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #12
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

http://www.targetfurniture.co.nz/lou...e-with-storage

oy... it won't let me post it as an image, so you'll jus' hafta check da link. i have retro lookin' throw pillows like deedarino, but colour scheme is blues & greens.

me abode is quite minimalist, but cozy as.

(oh, and target hea, ISN'T like target in da states.)
Old 04-19-2012, 12:32 AM   #13
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

My couch isn't exactly the focus of this video, but it's the best shot of it I could find. There's a story behind it too, one that involves awkward and inappropriate furniture salespeople and bodily fluids: http://uglybass.livejournal.com/4968.html

My living room was recently compared to an IKEA showroom. I wasn't quite sure what to make of that, but I guess it's a step up- only ten years ago it was described as "boys' dormitory".

Old 04-19-2012, 12:58 AM   #14
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

One of my goals, should I be able to move to IL, is to get a matching living room set

Right now, I - or I should say, my dogs - have an older blue couch we got off of Craigslist - and I usually have it covered with a couch cover or a blanket, but here it is in its original flavor:

But I spend all of my living room time in my chair - a recliner I got from Wally World a couple of years ago - I have no pics of it, but here's something from the website:

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 04:11 AM   #15
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

The humans sit on the floor and the furbabies lounge around on the Leather Sofa with their blankies….. There’s something wrong with that, what?! LOL!

I always move the Kitties blankies when people come round, so they can sit on a fur free Sofa and get minimal cat hair on their clothes.

Ahem! …Sorry about this! Logan just had to do that as I took the photo…!

Kia Ora looking so cute in the sunshine…

Jiggles relaxing on the Chair after a hard day of playing and looking cute!

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 04:17 AM   #16
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by claybaby View Post
Nor do I have a sofa. I do have a hand me down love seat that is a cranberry color, fabric is like a fauz corduroy, sits very low to ground, and is TOTALLY uncomfortable..BUT it is a place to sit. I have a chair and a half rocker recliner, faux chocolate suede, and a hand me down as well...BUT again..is a comfy place to sit...don't know how to download pics (maybe my GF will this weekend when she is here. Everything in here is hand me down, except my BR suite, but all of it was well loved...so is really nice things...and I am very grateful for all of it..grins..nice butchelor pad I have......
Thanks for a fun thread Medusa!!!
i love your butchelor pad Honey and at least you have the love seat and we've managed to get some snuggling in there...you've been here and know i too am without couch.

When i moved last summer i donated my nearly new recliner sofa to the Knight of Columbus (the chapter my Dad belongs to provides housing for single mothers and always needs furniture) because Dad was going to give me the couch he & Mom had (stepmother doesn't like it). Alas it has yet to find its way to my apartment...so i've got a pair of rather large chairs. Not much good for cuddling but better than sitting on the floor...

Nearly everything in my apartment is either "hand me down" or "hand me sideways"...or as i call it the "early relative" look...LOL
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 04:35 AM   #17
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
i love your butchelor pad Honey and at least you have the love seat and we've managed to get some snuggling in there...you've been here and know i too am without couch.

When i moved last summer i donated my nearly new recliner sofa to the Knight of Columbus (the chapter my Dad belongs to provides housing for single mothers and always needs furniture) because Dad was going to give me the couch he & Mom had (stepmother doesn't like it). Alas it has yet to find its way to my apartment...so i've got a pair of rather large chairs. Not much good for cuddling but better than sitting on the floor...

Nearly everything in my apartment is either "hand me down" or "hand me sideways"...or as i call it the "early relative" look...LOL
I have a thing for 'hand me downs/sideways', especially when they are going to get thrown out and there's nothing wrong with them, other than a little loving TLC and restoration. A neighbour was throwing out a hand made wooden round table that separates into a long oval one. The varnish has dulled over time and there was one fairly long scratch on one side. I said I'd have it and offered her money; she gave it to me for nothing.

My cousin sanded it down, French polished the scratch and revarnished it. It looks like new! My neighbour wished she'd known my cousin could do that before she spent £600 on a new dining table and chairs that wasn't solid wood like the handmade one.

She gave me her old solid wooden Coffee table a few months later, which was restored by my cousin.

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 04:39 AM   #18
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Medusa, I cannot show you mine. I am much too shy. LOL!

Okay, I'll be serious now. I do want to say I really like yours and Jack's new furnishings ... Looks very low and supet soft comfy too. Is it as much of a low-rider as it looks?

I have fallen in love with a Hickory Chair brand club chair with ottoman. In fact, I intend to get the accompanying sofa and loveseat too once my two bully mixes get a little more mature. This group is short seated and sits very, very low. These diminsions are difficult to locate.

Secret: I have tremendous issue with the fact that the majority of furniture is built for the comfort of an average size male and it really pisses me off. My 5'5" frame cannot get comfortable in something constructed for someone 6' tall. I'll try and get a link to this group and come back, post it.

Thanks for sharing photos of your new stuff. Again, very nice! Congrats to you and Jack.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 04:48 AM   #19
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

I'll show u my couch .... if u show me yours first ...
~ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~ocean For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 04:49 AM   #20
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Medusa, I cannot show you mine. I am much too shy. LOL!

Okay, I'll be serious now. I do want to say I really like yours and Jack's new furnishings ... Looks very low and super soft comfy too. Is it as much of a low-rider as it looks?

I have fallen in love with a Hickory Chair brand club chair with ottoman. In fact, I intend to get the accompanying sofa and loveseat too once my two bully mixes get a little more mature. This group is short seated and sits very, very low. I find it difficult to locate these diminsions. Furniture is something we normally have for many years and can be quite an investment.

Secret: I have tremendous issue with the fact that the majority of furniture is built for the comfort of an average size male and it really pisses me off. My 5'5" frame cannot get comfortable in something constructed for someone 6' tall. I'll try and get a link to this group and come back, post it.

Thanks for sharing photos of your new stuff. Again, very nice! Congrats to you and Jack.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post: