Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #21
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

I like the books!
The ones that started it all:

Gibson and Stephenson= swoooon
Old 07-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #22
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
This is a must have piece

I no can seez.

Okay, so here's a tip if you didn't already know it....yard sales are the bomb for finding this stuff. I have 80% of the upcycled supplies for my persona (for probably less than $35, including leather material). I found an old catcher's chest protection for $1. I'm going to try spray painting it like a gunmetal color and using corcksrewy tacks to attach...ummm....I don't know, something, to the front. And if it doesn't work, I'm out $1. If it turns out like it looks in my head....it'll be pretty cool.

You've got to think outside the box. DE-CONSTRUCT everything (purses, pants, watches, cameras, belts, toys, car parts) and then put it back together however YOU want it to look. And that's steampunk.

A
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #23
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,471 Times in 1,451 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

These guys are cool

One of my favorite looks
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #24
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

These guys are cool

One of my favorite looks
I love the backpack/rocketpacks. I will probably work on one at some point. But that's too ambitious for the reunion, plus it doesn't suit my persona. Maybe I'll do an airship character with a rocket pack some time.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #25
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajara View Post
I love the backpack/rocketpacks. I will probably work on one at some point. But that's too ambitious for the reunion, plus it doesn't suit my persona. Maybe I'll do an airship character with a rocket pack some time.
I have so many idea's... I want to make so many things lol. I loved that you shared the Youtube steampunk guns videos with me. Now I just have even more idea's. So much to do, so little time!
Yes the backpack/rocketpacks are awesome... Today I was at Goodwill looking for a trench coat or something that would work for me, but to no avail, as usual I can't find things I am looking for, and when I don't need them, they are seen in sets of 3's... I was also rummaging in the kids section trying to find armor,or Halloween things lol. Then I was searching for belts and then Doll looked at me, with the eyes that said, ENOUGH! Lets go, to which I dragged my feet and pouted on the way out...
Note to self... Go after work so you can search for the treasures!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #26
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

Love this pic also... Her hat is beautiful!

Oh my ~thud~ guns and a pipe

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #27
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Quote:
I have so many idea's... I want to make so many things lol. I loved that you shared the Youtube steampunk guns videos with me. Now I just have even more idea's. So much to do, so little time!
Yes the backpack/rocketpacks are awesome... Today I was at Goodwill looking for a trench coat or something that would work for me, but to no avail, as usual I can't find things I am looking for, and when I don't need them, they are seen in sets of 3's... I was also rummaging in the kids section trying to find armor,or Halloween things lol. Then I was searching for belts and then Doll looked at me, with the eyes that said, ENOUGH! Lets go, to which I dragged my feet and pouted on the way out...
Note to self... Go after work so you can search for the treasures!
I don't know if your GW is the same, but we have one day a month where EVERYTHING in the store is 50% off. You just gotta keep going. It'll come along, the perfect thing. And they may put more jackets out toward the end of the summer.

I went yard-selling a couple of weeks ago and scored all my guns for like $1.50. I got enough to screw up the first one and then make my favorite one look right, and a couple more.

Quote:

THUD!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #28
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

delicious!
Old 07-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #29
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 2,739 Times in 644 Posts
Tawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I believe this is the Nerf Magnum - one of the most popular guns to SP... I did this one, so that means it's VERY easy because I'm about as creative / talented as a piece of dirt. Seriously...

Tawse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #30
dreadgeek
Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Cinnamon spiced, caramel colored, power-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful horse girl

Thanked 6,848 Times in 1,493 Posts
dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
I like the books!
The ones that started it all:

Gibson and Stephenson= swoooon
I came to Steampunk through the Difference Engine which I read because my *god*, William Gibson, had written it. (This was after the Sprawl trilogy (Neuromancer and following) and before the Bridge trilogy (Virtual light and following) ) and while it's interesting it hasn't grabbed me like cyberpunk did.

The Diamond Age, I find a fascinating setting and, in fact, a brief snippet early on the book where Finkle-McGraw is talking to Hackworth about what went terribly wrong at the end of the last century planted the seed of a sci-fi novel I'm slowly but surely slogging my way through writing.

Cheers
Aj

"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. They found that The People tended not to be grateful or appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so, the children of the revolution were faced with the age-old problem: it wasn’t that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people. As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn’t measure up." (Terry Pratchett)
dreadgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dreadgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2012, 06:47 AM   #31
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Default BUMP

Good morning Airship Captains and pirates alike. Some whimsical notions to brighten your day.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #32
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

This may not be a very comfortable ride but sure is cool...

I like this one also [/IMG]
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #33
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums
Default Studs sure make things purdy!

Old 07-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #34
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums
Default Trooper Motorcycle Mask, Me Like!

Old 07-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #35
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums
Default Kinda like star wars Leather version!

Old 07-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #36
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Apparently there's a new Steampunk TV series coming out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #37
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Loud mouth, big hair, spunky Texas Femme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Thanked 1,134 Times in 326 Posts
canmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Love this pic also... Her hat is beautiful!

DROOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
canmarielan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canmarielan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #38
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums
Default I need to find this for sale

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #39
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums
Default OMG I want this too!

Old 07-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #40
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

Emporio Armani Gents Round Case Black Dial Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch