Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Butch Zone

The Butch Zone For all things "Butch"

Old 02-17-2010, 04:43 PM   #61
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

i think the dirty little secret of butch fashion IS that a lot of things from the women's section DO fit better. My ex -- who used "he," etc. -- bought, among other things, Gloria Vanderbilt cargo pants. The way his ass looked in those pants. . . . He also wore tailored shirts with darts. i think because he was proud of his abs and didn't want his shirt bagging down the waist. Damn, he was hot. *fans self remembering*
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #62
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
What style of WW2 jacket are you having made?
I have an authentic WWII Eisenhower Jacket. I found it many years ago in a thrift store. Sigh......................now if I could only still wear it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2010, 05:52 PM   #63
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
i think the dirty little secret of butch fashion IS that a lot of things from the women's section DO fit better. My ex -- who used "he," etc. -- bought, among other things, Gloria Vanderbilt cargo pants. The way his ass looked in those pants. . . . He also wore tailored shirts with darts. i think because he was proud of his abs and didn't want his shirt bagging down the waist. Damn, he was hot. *fans self remembering*

I have to say I appreciate this post! I mix/match both men's & women's clothes all the time. Have some classically styled jackets from dear Gloria (love it that she is Anderson Cooper's mother) that simply fit me well... and I have had both of them altered, too. Even when I wore women's clothes exclusively, a good tailor/seamstress (as my Grandmother was - hand made my Grandfather's business suits) was always needed. Who has a body that anything off the rack fits? Well, except 501's... maybe.

If someone wants to checkout which side my buttons are on, or a label... fine. And.... if it matters to someone, a skilled seamstress/tailor can reverse button holes without a trace of evidence (no, I don't have this done, but know a butch that does)! It is the fit that matters to me. Also, fabric and how it feels against my skin.

All my life, boys/mens pants have just fit me better, but not when it comes to some of the finer women's designers.

I have a silk black & white stripped shirt that is a woman's that I have had more compliments about than any of my all-menswear outfits/shirts. It looks fantastic with a black tie. It is a favorite piece in my wardrobe.

Now, I also really like Brooks Brother suits..... and do wear that shirt with one!

Actually, I think all butches should just wear what they want... and have fun dressing!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2010, 06:50 PM   #64
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina
As a femme, i would like to tell butches that if the clothes don't fit, they don't look good. Sometimes it's as easy as shopping in the women's section for a similar garment. Sometimes, tailoring is needed. i don't care how nice the clothes are, if they don't fit, . . .

This from a femme who alternates between three skirts and about six or seven tops. So, for what it's worth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaques View Post
......whooooooooooo, ARE YA GONNA TAKE THIS YOU GUYS
What is it 'us guys' are gonna take?

Solid advice to buy clothes that fit properly?

I buy clothes that fit properly. I don't give a shit which department the clothes come from. I do have some women's shirts that fit me better than men's shirts. NO shame in that.

I rarely buy from the women's department, but that does not mean I must buy only from the men's department or risk having my butch card revoked.

Buy clothes that fit properly and if needed, have them altered.

Why is it such a big fucking deal to buy a shirt (or slacks or jackets) with the buttons sewn on the right side rather than the left side?
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2010, 10:46 PM   #65
Galahad

How Do You Identify?:
do I have to?
Relationship Status:
single

Galahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST Reputation

Cheap women's clothes are very poorly made of lousy fabrics(besides they are usually just plain weird looking) but cheap men's clothing is much better quality and still cheap.
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Galahad For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 07:03 AM   #66
key

How Do You Identify?:
androgynous, gender-queer, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
depends on person addressing me
Relationship Status:
merrily single hopefully married one day

key Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default things, they are a-changing

My femme room mate talked me into looking in the (gasp) woman's department for pants and what do you know? I found a pair of pants I like (decent sturdy material) that fit me well. And no pleats and no touching my curvey thighs. I was kind of excited about the materials and patterns I saw there.

But another thing about woman's pants that I can't stand is the pockets are so freaking small. What, "lady's" are not allowed to put their hands in their pockets??? And forget about putting a wallet in the back ones. And only one back pocket....really? Or they are sewn shut...go to all the trouble of making a pocket and then sew it shut? Is this what they charge extra for?

As for altering, I'm not expected to alter EVERYTHING right? My casual clothes get pretty torn and stained anyway because of the type of work I do, and my free time mostly is spent doing dog things. Maybe a couple of nice things for those rare dressy occasions?

key is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to key For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 08:00 AM   #67
Daktari

I'm so stoked right now. Out shopping with Ingress at weekend I wanted to find a new shirt for that nights 'date' so we made our way to boys section in the biggest (read only) department store in town. Being one of those short, 7st weakling types the boys dept. can occasionally throw up a gem or two, as it was to on this day.

Whilst trying on different sizes of a rather smart formal shirt I'd found - after having the sales assistant unlock the 'childrens' changing room for me - Ingress brought two rather funky, less formal shirts she'd found on the sale-rail for me to try on...they were a perfect, it was to be an open-necked night rather than a tie...job done! Then, whilst browsing on the way to the checkout another look at the sale-rail offered up a rather smart Duffer of St.George slim fit, black, fine herringbone, single button, double vent suit (age 15 ).

The upshot is, 1 perfectly fitting suit and 2 funky shirts for less than £50 (uk) ...don't ya love a bargain!

We both looked lovely for our date that night
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 10:40 AM   #68
LieslKate

How Do You Identify?:
Prime Lesbian Femme Feminist Submissive Amazon Dyke Riot Grrl... :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
the Feminine...
Relationship Status:
single

LieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by AtLastHome
Going crazy trying to find a white pique (worn with tails) style vest that has a back! I have the usual backless kind, but want one with a back! I did find a black wool one.... just know they exist... have to keep looking! Any known link would be appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
Not sure if the wording indicates a back or not.....says "backing" made of white silk. ???

http://www.tuxedosonline.com/detail....EPIQUEWHITETIE
Seamstressly speaking "backing" is the material on the reverse or backside of a garment used to give structure to the garment... it can be a non-woven material such as Pellon, a light cotton, silk or artificial fiber such as nylon or polyester (aka microfibre). It has nothing to do with whether or not a garment has a back.

Usually vests for wear with a tuxedo, dinner jacket or morning suit do not have a back; this is to provide less weight to the overall design and enhance wearability without adding layers that may increase warmth and lead to sweating... peri and post menopausal Butches take note...

Pique is actually the name of a weave of cloth... can be done in just about any material but works best with cottons, cotton blends and light or tropical weight wools... best example of pique is in a LaCoste golf shirt ( the ones with the lil alligator crest) or knock offs of those... but for its use in formal wear, take a "pique" at this !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piqu%C3%A9

*<giggles> at pun...*

LieslKate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LieslKate For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 02:44 PM   #69
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by key View Post
My femme room mate talked me into looking in the (gasp) woman's department for pants and what do you know? I found a pair of pants I like (decent sturdy material) that fit me well. And no pleats and no touching my curvey thighs. I was kind of excited about the materials and patterns I saw there.

But another thing about woman's pants that I can't stand is the pockets are so freaking small. What, "lady's" are not allowed to put their hands in their pockets??? And forget about putting a wallet in the back ones. And only one back pocket....really? Or they are sewn shut...go to all the trouble of making a pocket and then sew it shut? Is this what they charge extra for?

As for altering, I'm not expected to alter EVERYTHING right? My casual clothes get pretty torn and stained anyway because of the type of work I do, and my free time mostly is spent doing dog things. Maybe a couple of nice things for those rare dressy occasions?

Yeah... just get things for dressy stuff altered. My casual clothes are just that... casual.

[COLOR="Navy"]There are women's clothes made that have deep pockets and I put a wallet in my back pocket in them all the time. But, no, not cheap. Although, if I have the time (and patience), I will go to the discount places and rummage. I have found top brands (men's & women's) for a fraction of the cost many times. Again, what fits YOU the best and you like is what matters.

I have my dog doing stuff attire, too! Rat pack! And painting fixing stuff, camping & fishing clothes.[/COLOR]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
Cheap women's clothes are very poorly made of lousy fabrics(besides they are usually just plain weird looking) but cheap men's clothing is much better quality and still cheap.

Gotta disagree here. I have seen weird/cheap in both and the opposite.

Jackhammer & Thinker have posted some good online links for great ties, vests and jeans for those of us that like to wear suspenders. Both are in mens wear. I want some of those sloops!

There are women clothing designers that have some great uni-sex styles that as a larger woman, fit me well. It looks like for a lot of smaller butches there is a whole other set of problems.

WOW, I am getting a lot of tips here! Hummm... one thing I can't wear via the women's department are shoes & boots. Never could. Got some way wide, big feet! Also, women's styles for the most part just don't speak to me for myself.

Thinking, cheap anything sux in clothing. I try to buy stuff that will last as well as fit. Even cheap men's T's are not for me. I have a hard time with anything that is tight or made from a fabric that isn't comfy for me. My breast/chest/shoulders have always been a problem even with many men's brands. I sure shop discount and thrift/vintage places, but I'd rather pay a little more and be able to wear something for awhile.

Also, in formal wear, buying a good brand is an investment. Just change shirts, ties, vests, etc. and a good tux can be worn for years (classic design).

Last edited by AtLast; 02-19-2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: stuff
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 02:56 PM   #70
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
I have an authentic WWII Eisenhower Jacket. I found it many years ago in a thrift store. Sigh......................now if I could only still wear it.
Damn! You gotta wear that!!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:19 AM   #71
Galahad

How Do You Identify?:
do I have to?
Relationship Status:
single

Galahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST Reputation

I found this site called the Fedora Lounge a few months back, it has all these great vintage clothing photos. Clothing advice,history, etc. Covers the WWII era and before, so interesting and such lovely stuff. Eisenhower jackets? There were threads about them.
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Galahad For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #72
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

Since I've lost enough weight that my head doesn't look like a ping pong ball sitting on a 2x6 (across shoulders) in a men's suit jacket, I now know where to come for men's suit and nicer clothing advice.

Thanks all

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2010, 12:55 AM   #73
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums
Default hair styles...

I have a terrible time finding a hair stylist that can do a gentlemen's cut with a razor!!! They always want to use scissors and look at me like I am crazy in asking for a razor cut. Makes me nuts! My hair just seems to look better when cut with a razor and I moved away from a stylist that used to cut it how I like it (cut with a damn razor- the straight edged kind!). Thinking I should just go to a barber.... Also, any favorite hair products?
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #74
Write14u

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm easy
Relationship Status:
She's some kind of wonderful.

Write14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST Reputation

Every four weeks when I go to my stylist (whom I've known for years), she asks if I want the same thing. (She knows my mom hates my short hair. LOL)
She does pretty good with scissors and clippers, but that's me. Also, my hair is just a wee bit longish on top. (I wear it faux-hawked).
Which leads me into product. I probably need more than most for the faux-hawk, but I've found the Axe stuff works well, as does Redken (sponge, I think, which is weird feeling.) The Redken stuff I've used to style my hair when I'm not faux-hawking, so it was a nice find.
The Following User Says Thank You to Write14u For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010, 09:51 AM   #75
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Just want to chime in on hair product.

For a long time, I resisted my stylist insisting I try hair wax. I thought it would be "too heavy" on the hair. My hair is my one vanity thing, you see.

Finally, I tried two different waxes. Sumo by Bumble & Bumble, which is a creamy wax and Short Sexy Hair (can't remember who makes it...comes in small white container with a yellow lid). Short Sexy Hair has great hold, and doesn't feel that heavy to me. I ignore the instructions and put it in my hair when it is still a bit damp, not when it's completely dry. I think that helps it feel less heavy, in fact. If I have to go a bit longer between cuts, my hair gets longish on the top, and wax doesn't do much for the style. I then switch to Styling Creme by Bumble & Bumble.

I wear my hair very short, cut every 4 weeks. I have 3 cowlicks, which makes for maddening times when it comes time to style it. My hair never looks the same two days in a row as a result.

Jake
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010, 10:47 AM   #76
roy g biv

How Do You Identify?:
he she
Preferred Pronoun?:
he she
Relationship Status:
me

roy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hair Products

About hair products:

My hair is more salt than pepper, and I use products relevant to that.
Shampoo is Matrix Essentials So Silver.
while hair is damp I put in glisten mop shine drops.
A little Kenra #17 spray goes a long way.
I get them from the person who cuts my hair (every 4 weeks also.)

Having said all that, I have gotten away from using those most of the time because I don't like the idea of being constantly saturated with chemicals. Most of the time I now use organic shampoo and Banyan Ashwaganda-Bala organic herbal oil which I get from the herbal store associated with my herbalist. This is the same oil I use on hands, face, body, etc.
roy g biv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:00 AM   #77
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
Just want to chime in on hair product.

For a long time, I resisted my stylist insisting I try hair wax. I thought it would be "too heavy" on the hair.

>snip< (no pun intended)

I wear my hair very short, cut every 4 weeks. I have 3 cowlicks, which makes for maddening times when it comes time to style it. My hair never looks the same two days in a row as a result.

Jake
I have the same problem with my hair (3 cowlicks) and it is super straight, can't do a thing with it. I used to go to my barber every 4 to 6 weeks - great cut. But I've since moved and hardly ever get his way. Last haircut I got was in December - man, do I ever look scruffy! This time I still want a short cut but thinking maybe trying a fauxhawk.

Roy G Biv - I'm trying to get away from all the chemicals too. Think I'll give some of your products a try.
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wryly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #78
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

I wish to hell I would get more gray/silver/white (whatever) hair! My hair is very fine (but curly) and I would love to be able to get a cut more like some of the butches that have more coarse hair! My hair just would not look like theirs. Hell, my Mom, at 81 was not totally gray, nor was my Dad in his 70's. lately, I have just stopped using sculpting/sticky stuff at all. The chemicals and the smells often bother me. Like hats, anyway... and just don't like my hair texture!
Old 03-07-2010, 12:05 PM   #79
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I wear a hat and don't worry about it....chuckling.....

I do wear a hat most of the time, but it is because I am anal about my hair when I don't have a hat on. Until my pay cut at work last year, I got my hair cut every 2 weeks. Can't afford that now, but he gives me a way short cut and in 4 weeks it is long enough to start to stick out and curl up so it's time for a fresh cut.

My thing is 2 cowlicks in the crown and my forehead is so low, if he cuts the front to short it looks like a cow catch on a train. LOL I know that is the style now a days but it isn't my style, thanks. I use mouse or jel to hold it into place, jel makes it to stiff but I use it sometimes.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #80
Write14u

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm easy
Relationship Status:
She's some kind of wonderful.

Write14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST Reputation

I actually went and looked at my products.
It's Redken sponge matte 05 and Axe Pomade (the purplish label).
I like the Redken because it really does fell pretty light. The Axe is a bit heavier but has really good hold. I use it to spike up the front of my hair when it's like now ...a few days from needing a cut.
I would go every 3 weeks for a cut if I could afford it, but as it is, I go every four weeks. I have cowlicks on each side of my forehead and one in the back, as well. Mine is cut super short on the sides and back and just a wee bit longish on top so I can faux hawk it.
I've also used something called Fiber by Crew. It took talent to use but it worked really well.

ETA: If I didn't faux hawk my hair, I'd probably use just a smidgen of product. As it is, I don't use much. I also put it in wet. I'm always running late, so I never have time to wait for it to dry. And it doesn't feel like my hair is overdone. You can still run a hand thru it.
I like my hats but I can't get away with them at work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Write14u For This Useful Post: