Notices

Old 01-11-2021, 05:26 PM   #6701
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

~~~
Restless! i

And it can't be "cabin fever" because it WAY too early in the season for that right....
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2021, 08:54 PM   #6702
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementinefemme View Post
I'm feeling frustrated. Could use some advice.

How do you know when someone is really guarded and needs love and care to open them up versus when someone truly just has the emotional depth of a toothbrush? How much time should I invest in this process?
Is this the person that drove off to let you move stuff by yourself? Am I remembering that right? If so, and you've talked to them about that and nothing has changed for the better, move on. But before you do, make it absolutely clear as to what the consequences will be and why you are letting go. Do not make an ultimatum but let them know that you're trying and you aren't getting anything back and you aren't willing to spend a lifetime trying to crack whatever kind of nut they are. Then listen to them. Really listen. Are they talking in circles just to get you to hang around or are they trying too, but not in the way you want them to? That would create two very different results, if it were me.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2021, 09:49 PM   #6703
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Emotionally whipped and we're not even halfway through January!
Old 01-12-2021, 10:16 AM   #6704
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,863 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Well, I'm feeling a little "muted", so to speak, but aside from my sore left arm, I'm doing well.

I had my first COVID-19 vaccination yesterday.

I think I'll just take it easy today, sit around in my underwear and eat snacks all day.

Life's good.

~Theo~
Old 01-12-2021, 10:59 AM   #6705
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,118 Times in 5,117 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
~~~
Restless! i

And it can't be "cabin fever" because it WAY too early in the season for that right....
I think we've all got cabin fever due to isolating. I keep dreaming of running away to a beach vacation . . . then I remember that people are isolating and social distancing on the beaches, too.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2021, 02:32 PM   #6706
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,619 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

I'm tired of juggling the horrifying and the devastating.

I'm with Randy Rainbow and I wish the horrifying assault on democracy would end so I can get back to my devastating pandemic.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2021, 07:49 PM   #6707
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

After Wednesday's Capitol event, I think I'm going through the stages of grief. At first I had disbelief, and now I'm just angry. Bargaining - meh, I don't see it happening any time soon. And I don't think I'll ever make it to acceptance, but I don't want to hang around in depression forever, either.

- Prince
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2021, 05:20 PM   #6708
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Feeling disappointed and a little depressed. I didn't hear back about Reddy, so I guess she found her forever home with someone else. I expect the right dog for me will come along - they always have a way of finding me. I had such a good feeling about Red though. <sigh>

- Prince
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2021, 09:12 PM   #6709
EmeraldLioness

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Undecided

EmeraldLioness is on a distinguished road

Calm...introspective...tired
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EmeraldLioness For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2021, 09:50 PM   #6710
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm annoyed with the state. I had my federal taxes about done and was working on the state taxes and when I go to finish it all up, a blurb pops up saying I can't finish my state taxes for 3 more days. This is what I get for trying to get ahead of the stampede.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2021, 09:58 PM   #6711
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I'm annoyed with the state. I had my federal taxes about done and was working on the state taxes and when I go to finish it all up, a blurb pops up saying I can't finish my state taxes for 3 more days. This is what I get for trying to get ahead of the stampede.

You can't win for losing...
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2021, 04:37 PM   #6712
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,126 Times in 3,009 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Yup. Me too. They are like... well well well early bird, we're not ready for you!

I'm feeling relieved to be home. The snow is horrible right now and our city sucks at keeping up with the streets. While I was making my commute home I knew my daughter was making her commute in to work so it was double stress. What is normally a 10 minute drive took both of us 45 minutes. Now I have to deal with waiting until after 1am to hear that she made it home.

I'm also feeling hungry now that the panic from driving has let go of my stomach.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2021, 11:59 AM   #6713
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,457 Times in 2,629 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Feeling

Feeling pretty good. My brother is on his way here its been a while. He and I only go shopping for groceries and don't see anyone else so I think it is ok. If not, I would rather share his virus than a stranger (not) LOL.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2021, 10:03 PM   #6714
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I feel good. My hair's almost dry from my shower and the laundry is almost done so it'll be bedtime soon. I'm getting that slightly dozy feeling when the body knows sleep is not far off.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2021, 11:37 AM   #6715
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default I'm feeling restless & trapped!

~~
I think it's mainly due to travel restrictions but who knows!

I'm also sick of this place where I'm plunked, out in god's country on green acres, with no chance of any excitement happening whatsoever!

I've mostly been a "glass half full" type, but it's getting harder and harder to remain so...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2021, 12:36 PM   #6716
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Feeling

Not feeling too bad but would feel a lot better if it was warmer than 17 out there in that warm "looking" sunshine".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2021, 03:07 PM   #6717
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I keep feeling this sense of dread and doom I just can't shake. Like whatever it is, I better hurry up and duck before it flies straight at me and hits me in the face.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2021, 06:01 PM   #6718
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,085 Times in 8,588 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Feeling good. Things are going well and better than planned. I should be in a hotel on Lake Michigan this time next week anxiously waiting to see my new place.

This coming week will be a blur with final packing, hauling, movers, cleaning, traveling, hotels, goodbyes.

Thank goodness for the good girlfriends I have who are helping me through this transition. From talking me through my anxieties to helping me decide on renovations (no one has anything good to say about popcorn ceilings!) to packing, helping me organize and research quotes, and reminding me of what I need and need not do.

I have taken organization to a new level, at least for me. My packed boxes are color coded and numbered. I am taking inventory before and after the move, and before signing off on anything. Hopefully this will help. We’ll see. I on’t have it in me to take the movers to court if things dont go well, but I’ll do what I can to prevent anything bad from happening.

So, I’m feeling good, excited, sentimental. Life is good.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2021, 09:00 PM   #6719
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
. . . no one has anything good to say about popcorn ceilings!
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post

I have taken organization to a new level . . .

So, I’m feeling good, excited, sentimental. Life is good.
Sounds like you have it all under control, and like an auspicious beginning!

I am feeling sore all over, like I've been sat on by an elephant. I understand this can be one of the lingering symptoms from Covid though - hopefully it is temporary. It is supposed to be mostly sunny with a high of 56*F tomorrow, so I'm planning to walk outside with my rollator in the driveway. Hopefully, that will help me shrug off whatever this is.

- Prince
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2021, 09:38 AM   #6720
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

OK what powers that be are annoyed with me? Yesterday I thought it would be nice to be a little warmer than 17 and mother nature was listening. Today it is changed and it is now 10. Consequently I need to watch who I am making requests from eh.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post: