imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I don't think I've ever known a butch who has slept with *only* self identified femmes.
there are
straight women
feminine androgynous dykes/just me lesbians
men
genderqueers of all kinds
various kinds of butches
lipstick lesbians
etc etc

I think it would be very, very rare for someone to have only had sex from puberty till now with only self IDing femmes.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2017, 06:32 AM   #102
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfect_cupcake View Post
I don't think I've ever known a butch who has slept with *only* self identified femmes.
there are
straight women
feminine androgynous dykes/just me lesbians
men
genderqueers of all kinds
various kinds of butches
lipstick lesbians
etc etc

I think it would be very, very rare for someone to have only had sex from puberty till now with only self IDing femmes.
I know you weren't directing this at me, but my post saying that I have never slept with a butch may have prompted your thoughts. I said that because you said you didn't think there was anyone who had not had sex with a butch at some point. I really haven't. Whether they identified as butch, or just looked masculine, I really haven't slept with any masculine presenting females, nor any females who had "masculine energy". Just like people who haven't had sex with someone of the same sex or with someone of the opposite sex, I have personally not had sex with someone who presents/has the energy of a butch/masculine female.

I have slept with two "straight women", but didn't have relationships with them.

My preference is to date/partner with queer femmes. I don't believe I would partner with a "straight woman". Even though I have medically and socially transitioned to "male", I am still queer and a woman who has only ever lived as "straight" and has only ever "lived" in the mainstream, heterosexual community just would not suit me. They wouldn't "get me".

But, like Cheryl said there are a lot of people who "ping" as butch (or femme) to us that don't identify that way.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2017, 07:37 PM   #103
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I've never slept with another butch or a trans person. Always been femmes.

Nowadays I am not opposed to sleeping with a butch or trans person, I don't discriminate.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:02 PM   #104
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post

Nowadays I am not opposed to sleeping with a butch or trans person, I don't discriminate.
Is this because your attractions changed (you didn't use to be attracted to butch of trans people), and you now are? Or were you just worried what people would think, so you always stuck with people who identified as femme

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2017, 09:26 PM   #105
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Is this because your attractions changed (you didn't use to be attracted to butch of trans people), and you now are? Or were you just worried what people would think, so you always stuck with people who identified as femme
Just worried about what others would think. Nowadays i dont care lol im getting older and too tired of nonsense to worry about what others think these days.

Albert Einstein
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2017, 10:21 PM   #106
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Cannot recall, in the 50 years since puberty, that there is a sex or gender that I haven't slept with.
Butches of multiple sorts
Femmes of various types
Straight womyn and men
Bisexual womyn and men
Genderqueer people of various genders
Trans men (pre and post-op)
Trans womyn (pre and post-op)

Did I miss anyone? Spent most of my life quite sexually active as you can see.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2017, 11:14 PM   #107
Ascot

How Do You Identify?:
Preppy Butch artist
Relationship Status:
She’s wild about me.

Thanked 2,487 Times in 549 Posts
Ascot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Whether they identified as butch, or just looked masculine, I really haven't slept with any masculine presenting females, nor any females who had "masculine energy".
Nor have I. And, while perhaps not every woman I've been with self identified as Femme, I suspect that's at least in part owing to a lack of vernacular. That essence has always been there. It is that exquisite energy that somehow manages to be intangible and palpable at once. I am every ounce the moth willing to be singed by that flame. Long before I had the language for it, I knew who my counterpart had to be. I'd go so far as to say it's not at all a choice for me. Air, water, light, Femme; all elements crucial in the development of my best self.

I don't feel as though I was ever drawn to being butch because I was never on the outside of it. As others have mentioned, I know beyond doubt that I burst into the world this way. When I was younger, when I had long hair, for example, I know my presentation might have not screamed butch, but my core has never changed and these days my external and internal are more aligned. I've never given much thought to defining butch. I guess I simply prefer to live it.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:25 PM   #108
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

My impression is that in the SF Bay area, more butches and transmen are into other masculine folk, including cis men, than into femmes or andogynous folk.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:54 PM   #109
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Dapper, from what you are telling me, you have only partnered with self identifying femmes from the age you were first partnering with people.
Not feminine androgynous lesbians who "ping" femme to you and your concept of femme, but actual self identifying femmes.

this is kind of what I am trying to say. Not every feminine accented dyke is a femme, not every slightly masculine lesbian is a butch - this is *WHY* I personally have slept and partnered with more than just butches, because some of my masculine flavoured parters don't ID as butch.

And this is also why many butches also sleep with more than just self-identifying femmes. There are feminine presentations personalities in outwardly gender neutral, tomboyish, or only slightly feminine that "ping" attractions in the "right" way, despite not having a self proclaimed femme ID.

So when someone who is I dunno, my age-ish, and says "I've only dated femmes" I want to know if they mean "I've only dated/partnered with feminine presenting dykes that I considered to be femmes even though the didn't use the ID and we were both really young at the time anyway."

or what. I am sure there are rare instances of someone 50-60 years old only dating and partnering with self identified femmes since they were 15, when they were first sexually active, cause some self ID'd femme found them and educated them about it all in the back of a car or something... but I tend to think most butches when they say stuff like that are either fudging the info a bit slightly, *or* they mean feminine presenting lesbians
and not actually
self identifying femmes.

And we all know how much femmes hated being told they were the same as lipstick lezzos back in the late 90s on the dash site, eh?

*taps finger on side of nose*

ok, just steppin out of thread, it is in the butch zone. Sorry.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:29 AM   #110
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation
Question Cupcake?

As a point of clarification, what would be the difference between a "femme" and a "lipstick lezzie?" Back in the 90s, in my circle, the terms were used interchangeably.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:51 AM   #111
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not cupcake, but I'm a femme and not a lipstick lezzie. I don't ID as lesbian in any way shape or form but I'm Queer all day long. Back in the day there were far fewer ways to ID so some terms that don't necessarily go together got lumped in or were used interchangeably.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2017, 01:28 AM   #112
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
As a point of clarification, what would be the difference between a "femme" and a "lipstick lezzie?" Back in the 90s, in my circle, the terms were used interchangeably.
I always thought they were one in the same, nowadays there are way too many new labels, etc for me to even keep up with.

Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2017, 08:24 PM   #113
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,151 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
I always thought they were one in the same, nowadays there are way too many new labels, etc for me to even keep up with.
I feel odd doing this in the Butch Zone, but here I go-

For a person who identifies as Femme, it's often a noun. A Femme, not (adjective) feminine, femmish, girly etc. Femme is a specific, often complicated, identity. It may not even involve wearing lipstick. I don't think anyone ever adopted 'lipstick lesbian' as a core identity the way we do when we call ourselves 'Femme'. There is also the curious fact that, as Gemme pointed out, some femme women who partner with butch women don't consider themselves lesbians, which means the term 'lipstick lesbian' isn't relevant to them. Also, 'lipstick lesbian' is really dated, and no longer used very often.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:39 AM   #114
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
I feel odd doing this in the Butch Zone, but here I go-

For a person who identifies as Femme, it's often a noun. A Femme, not (adjective) feminine, femmish, girly etc. Femme is a specific, often complicated, identity. It may not even involve wearing lipstick. I don't think anyone ever adopted 'lipstick lesbian' as a core identity the way we do when we call ourselves 'Femme'. There is also the curious fact that, as Gemme pointed out, some femme women who partner with butch women don't consider themselves lesbians, which means the term 'lipstick lesbian' isn't relevant to them. Also, 'lipstick lesbian' is really dated, and no longer used very often.
Ive only heard lipstick lesbian like a dozen times since ive been out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2019, 09:54 PM   #115
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Cannot recall, in the 50 years since puberty, that there is a sex or gender that I haven't slept with.
Butches of multiple sorts
Femmes of various types
Straight womyn and men
Bisexual womyn and men
Genderqueer people of various genders
Trans men (pre and post-op)
Trans womyn (pre and post-op)

Did I miss anyone? Spent most of my life quite sexually active as you can see.
I'm serious as a heart attack when I say you should consider writing a book!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: