☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE"]Ylvis - The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?) [Official music video HD] - YouTube[/nomedia]

10:30 a.m. in the morning was too early for this shit, much less three times after AND singing along. Loudly.

Gah.
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #422
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by desd View Post
Ylvis - The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?) [Official music video HD] - YouTube

10:30 a.m. in the morning was too early for this shit, much less three times after AND singing along. Loudly.

Gah.
I have tried so hard to understand why this song exists, because I truly can usually find something to take away from nearly every artist's music, I guess the generation gap is just too wide this time...I couldn't even laugh at it.

All I can think about when I hear this song, is that I think the writer spent too much time with this as a child:

and not enough time watching PBS or Animal Planet, where most viewers have learned what the fox sounds like.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #423
bright_arrow

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
I have tried so hard to understand why this song exists, because I truly can usually find something to take away from nearly every artist's music, I guess the generation gap is just too wide this time...I couldn't even laugh at it.

All I can think about when I hear this song, is that I think the writer spent too much time with this as a child:

and not enough time watching PBS or Animal Planet, where most viewers have learned what the fox sounds like.
Coincidentally, the same night my friend texted me a picture of him in a fox suit and quoted the song title.. I said oh hell no.. He informed me he has had 15 of his piano students request to learn that song! I feel worse for him
The Following User Says Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #424
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,658 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post

It's my understanding that it started out as a joke.

Now it's a freakin' earworm and a weird one at that.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #425
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by desd View Post
Ylvis - The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?) [Official music video HD] - YouTube

Gah.
and my answer was that grandpa jeff knows what the fox says

and as a side note the goose went on randomly singing it all weekend
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:27 AM   #426
bright_arrow

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

I will admit, I did pull it up to try and get caught in the catchiness of it so I wasn't so tired at work! There is no one up and I am looking at the English paper I am trying to revise for a higher grade like @_@.

Tried to find a normal song of theirs.. Came across this.. I feel like I am stuck in a dubstep musical!

ETA: That girl looks CREEPY.. Especially in dubstep mode!

*hides and cries*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #427
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,658 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

*holds desd*

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #428
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

My roommate and I took a truckload of garbage to the dump today. She crawls up in the back of the truck and hands stuff down to me to throw out. She can't see the step on the back of my truck as she gets down out of the back of the truck.

Sooo as she steps over the tailgate I try to guide her foot to the step, only she wanted the bumper not the step, I didn't know tbat.

Her....make sure I get my foot on the step
Me....ok, pulling her pants leg over and down toward the step
Her....loudly.....damnit you are stretching me to far
Me....laughing....huh
Her...laughing....stop you are stretching me to far
Us.....much laughter
Me....thinking out loud....I don't think anybody ever told me that before

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #429
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,107 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
My roommate and I took a truckload of garbage to the dump today. She crawls up in the back of the truck and hands stuff down to me to throw out. She can't see the step on the back of my truck as she gets down out of the back of the truck.

Sooo as she steps over the tailgate I try to guide her foot to the step, only she wanted the bumper not the step, I didn't know tbat.

Her....make sure I get my foot on the step
Me....ok, pulling her pants leg over and down toward the step
Her....loudly.....damnit you are stretching me to far
Me....laughing....huh
Her...laughing....stop you are stretching me to far
Us.....much laughter
Me....thinking out loud....I don't think anybody ever told me that before
Edited to add: once back to the truck cab, Her: OMG you're gonna post about that!
Him: YEP!
Ohhhh I guess this is pay back for me posting about you chasing Nemo??
OMG!! **song stuck in my head...ankle bone is connected to your leg bone....leg bone is connected to your ass bone...**
I told you we need to start a journal about the funny thangs that happen around here!!

You stretched my ankle so far, I thought my ass bone was gonna dislocate!

When people read that you pulled my pants leg over and down, they're gonna think you were yanking my pants off! KNUCKLEHEAD!! Can you imagine, if you had done that, what the "LUMP on a log" dump employee would have done? Think he would have finally walked out of his tiny little shed?
(disclaimer: no discrimination to people who work as sanitation employees.... however, this one guy was truly a lump on a log, non-helpful and gives good workers a bad name) ....

Blade: Not only does this little boy remind me of you with your dark hair, his expression is perfect for my stretched ass bone!

SHIT HEARD ROUND THIS HOUSE....
While posting the above, I was at the desk and Blade walked up behind me...and very calmly, very matter-of-factly said "I like it hard like this."
Me: spun around ...noticed mug in his hand full of ice cream ....
Him: (to the dog) Willy why'd you let me do that?
Me: OH MY GOD!! (laughing too hard to breathe) I'm trying not to pee!
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #430
bright_arrow

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

We were discussing how my cousins younger than me have already had babies, and how my sister and I apparently missed the memo. Wife says this shows fertility in my family, when I texted my sister, she says it is sluttiness in our family.

Her: Well, WE didn't have sex before marriage at all.. *big grin*
Me: Oh shut up.
Her: You know, if we were a straight couple, your dad would have had his rifle out.
Me: In this hypothetical straight couple, who is the guy in the relationship? I mean, I don't want to just ASSUME it's you..
Her: Okay.... Well then YOU would have the rifle, to hit me over the head with, and drag me back to your cave.
Me: Whatttt? What do you mean cave?!
Her: You would drag me back to the cave so you could ravish me..
Me:
Her:
Me: Oh.. my.. god *laughing* That is so going in the threads!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2013, 07:29 AM   #431
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Roomie enters room .... "hey, you left me with no toilet paper "

Me: OMG I'M so sorry! I meant to get a package, got distracted again!

Roomie : "No, problem I used your towel "

She didn't really .... but we got a good laugh out of it. Thank goddess for Kleenex.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #432
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Me to my babe as I open the package of cordial cherries: Can I open your cherries.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #433
sofimichi

How Do You Identify?:
Femmeinist
Preferred Pronoun?:
femenine ones, "hey you," etc.
Relationship Status:
Engaged!

sofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputation

"The balls are wrong"
(The Xmas tree at my college put the big xmas decorations at the top and the smaller ones in the bottom, the tree looked terrible).
sofimichi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sofimichi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #434
uglyboi

How Do You Identify?:
As the 'The Bourne Identity'
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cheerful pessimist
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,213 Times in 327 Posts
uglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Erin

My niece and I last weekend, she wanted to know why I was late...

Me: "I had some errands to run."
Her: "I want to see Erin."
Me: "We will see Erin at Christmas."
Her: "Where is she?"
Me "She is in Iowa."
Her: "Is that far away?"
Me "Yes, its 15 hours from here."...
Her: "No wonder you were late!"
Me: "I had to run errands not go see Erin!"
uglyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to uglyboi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2014, 09:00 PM   #435
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation
Default shit heard on the phone...

What they said: Ouch! Hold on a minute. .......I didn't think I could hurt myself in bed but I just did. Now I have a hole in my fuzzy PJs.
What I said: That's what you get for being distracted.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2014, 11:26 PM   #436
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Default happy roomie and content chickens

Roomie: (a whole string of cuss words and very ugly descriptions of what he wanted to do with the truck parts that wouldn't fit where they belonged)
Me: go chase the chickens down to the hutch before the storm hits....let me do this
Roomie: (huff...stomps off mad and about to pop a vein)

Me: (after much fussing...then waiting for storm to pass...then going back out to finish)
Me to roomie: I will trade my high heels for my mechanical skillz any day!

A little later I hear a SPLAT hit the kitchen floor and roomie start to cuss again then say "now how the hell am I gonna get THAT up?"
Without even asking or getting up to see what he did....I stated "my chickens worked hard to lay those eggs and you go and toss them around the kitchen."
Old 01-16-2014, 03:43 PM   #437
Barb42

How Do You Identify?:
Soft butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatever..
Relationship Status:
SINGLE

Barb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenna View Post
What they said: Ouch! Hold on a minute. .......I didn't think I could hurt myself in bed but I just did. Now I have a hole in my fuzzy PJs.
What I said: That's what you get for being distracted.
Whos fault was it..
Barb42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:12 AM   #438
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

I won't say who the other party was but I will say this is only a two person household.

Me, seeing two bottles for a liquid medication on the counter: "Why are there two Xs out?"

Other person: "One bottle is empty."

Me: "Why didn't you throw the empty one away?"

Other person: "I didn't know how empty it was."

Me:

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2014, 01:01 PM   #439
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Default early this morning ...

Blade: (on phone with his mom) ok mom...let us know if you need anything.talk to you later....

Me: Are you gonna take a shower with me?
Blade: cracking up laughing ..."I hope mom hung up the phone and didn't hear that!"
Me: I was talking to Skippy, not you but that is funny!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 12:56 AM   #440
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Default I can't say pick the peanut butter our your ears because this happened via text

Me: ......nibble your shoulders.....

Them: you'd be surprised how fast (*edited to protect my innocence*) land on the floor as your nipples are on my shoulder.....

Me: ummmmm honey...I didn't say nipples!

Last edited by Kenna; 02-19-2014 at 12:58 AM. Reason: damn tablet auto correcting things I cant fix now