Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-11-2009, 09:35 PM   #1
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Winter Olympics 2010

I realize the Winter Olympics are a ways away.....or ARE they?

I LOVE the Winter Olympics! Do You? What do You enjoy watching most? What sport is curious to You? (ok....curling?? HelLO?)

Enjoy!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 10:00 PM   #2
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

I love the winter Olympics. There isn't much I don't watch..I think the Ice Skating is my favorite and I really do enjoy the curling. I get a bit bored with some of the cross country stuff but I admire those who compete.

Also, on an Olympic note--if people are coming through Seattle on their way to Vancouver please let us know. I'd be more than happy to assist B-F travelers in anyway I can.

AND we are expecting snow to start this weekend so let's hope for a very white and snowy Olympics!!
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 10:06 PM   #3
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My favorite events:

~Ice skating (solo & couples)

~US Hockey

~Luge

~Downhill skiing

~Speed skating

~Snowboarding (with that wild red-headed guy)

Old 12-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #4
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Olympic Winter Games

I am so looking forward to watching the Winter Games. I thought they were being held in Singapore - am I wrong? I think it will be such wonderful time for the US Teams competing. I prefer the winter games over the summer games hands down.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:54 PM   #5
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation
Default sports

Curling!!! It's spell binding . Talk about being on the edge of your seat , glued to the TV. HAHAHA
JAGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:36 PM   #6
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
I am so looking forward to watching the Winter Games. I thought they were being held in Singapore - am I wrong? I think it will be such wonderful time for the US Teams competing. I prefer the winter games over the summer games hands down.
2010 winter games are in Vancouver, Canada up here in the beautiful PNW. The games start on Feb 12 I think.

http://www.vancouver2010.com/
Old 12-12-2009, 10:38 PM   #7
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
Curling!!! It's spell binding . Talk about being on the edge of your seat , glued to the TV. HAHAHA
I actually love watching those peeps with the broom sweeping away for that puck. Someday I'd like to try curling to see how challenging it really is. I think the biggest challenge for me at this age would be getting down to the knees for the puck release..!
Old 12-12-2009, 11:35 PM   #8
Peach

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
happily married

Peach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
I actually love watching those peeps with the broom sweeping away for that puck. Someday I'd like to try curling to see how challenging it really is. I think the biggest challenge for me at this age would be getting down to the knees for the puck release..!
its not a puck its a ROCK!

we have tickets for the short track speed skating
Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:05 AM   #9
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

I like the bobsled, the luge, downhill, giant slolem, and last but not least, I like ice skating....the couples only though...not so much the solos.

The solo skating is not near as much fun without the likes of Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan, and the good ol' days when clubbing a competitor with a stick started the festivities! I am soooooo just kidding...that woman was disturbed.

I am not much in to hockey...I find it boring.

Curling is "interesting" to say the least....it involves a broom, and I use one of those around my own house, so I don't find it spellbinding like the luge....I would love to got that fast on a sled, while laying down, in a body suit, wearing a helmet, and screaming the whole way!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Old 12-13-2009, 05:41 AM   #10
SFFemmePrincess

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian Princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Pronouns
Relationship Status:
Single but also non negotiably non monogamous

SFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST Reputation

I totally love the ice skating and snowboarding. WooHoo Go USA!!!
SFFemmePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:01 AM   #11
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
its not a puck its a ROCK!

we have tickets for the short track speed skating
I obviously did not know that--TY
I was looking at the tickets---and schedules. I'd love to take in some of the events.

And G you are correct about Harding-Kerrigan, although we still get a lot of news about Harding up here in the PNW--she lives in Oregon and still has her crazy days!

GO USA
Old 12-13-2009, 09:04 AM   #12
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
My favorite events:

~Ice skating (solo & couples)

~US Hockey

~Luge

~Downhill skiing

~Speed skating

~Snowboarding (with that wild red-headed guy)

Uh.. Not US Hockey. Canada will kick yer butts, especially the Women's Hockey.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2009, 09:07 AM   #13
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Uh.. Not US Hockey. Canada will kick yer butts, especially the Women's Hockey.

Ya know? I know absolutely NOTHING about Ice Hockey except that Canada is good......and can probably whip (yes, I said 'whip') ANYone with one hockey stick tied (yes, I said 'tied', TOO!) behind their backs! <giggle>

I just like the intensity.
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2009, 10:22 AM   #14
TheSqueeze

How Do You Identify?:
i am what i am
Relationship Status:
TeaPartyTart's Squeeze

TheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST Reputation

I really get into the speed skating the short track events are my favorite.
TheSqueeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:26 AM   #15
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSqueeze View Post
I really get into the speed skating the short track events are my favorite.

Do You find Yourself leaning into the curve with them when they round it? <giggle> I do!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #16
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Diva,

I sure do!

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:44 AM   #17
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Time to bump this up as The Winter Olympics are just around the corner!

I can't wait!!

Old 01-26-2010, 12:50 AM   #18
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

I love all the stories of all the athletes, from all of the countries, not just the USA....some of them bring a tear to my eye. Like that new Visa commercial with Dan Jansen. Have you seen it? OMG, the first time I saw it, I got choked up.

I also love the fact that these are people that compete their whole lives for something that might just be a one time thing. A chance to win a medal for their country...not a multi million dollar paycheck so they can buy the biggest house on the block and 9 cars, but for the chance to be a hero to their counrty.

I am really looking forward to it all!
Old 01-26-2010, 01:00 AM   #19
ButchBowWow

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, she and all those in between. Makes no difference to me.
Relationship Status:
In love with me, does that count?

ButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST Reputation

I thought I was alone in my Olympic love!

My favorites are:

Hockey - Next to football it is my favorite all time sport, period.
Speed Skating
Skiing - all of it
Snowboarding
Figure Skating

"It"s called the American dream because you have to be sleeping to believe it." - George Carlin
ButchBowWow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ButchBowWow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2010, 01:44 AM   #20
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,849 Times in 510 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

I love all of it. I love the ice skating less than I did in years past, when it was more about skating and less about jumping. The sport has gone seriously downhill since the days that I followed it voraciously. Still, it's okay.

I'm trying to clear out my Tivo so that I can watch as much as possible. If I tape and watch later, I can skip the commercials and the tear-jerker stories. Plus, since I'm working from home and have a TV in my office, I can watch all day.

I remember the last winter olympics, when Mister and I watched curling every night in bed before going to sleep - it was pretty much the only sport on that late at night. We really enjoyed it. No, seriously, we really enjoyed it.

It's going to be so different this time, since we are in the same time zone as the games. Though, I'm guessing that they'll shove all the times up to accommodate the east coast folks.