Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-13-2010, 09:58 AM   #61
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default I'm Pissed

Why exclude women from Olympic ski jump?

Female Ski Jumpers Frozen Out of Olympics

(real answer? [imo] an American woman--Lindsay Van--has beat the men's record--on the same Whistler, BC ski jump that the men will be competing on in this Olympics--and that the women are being excluded from!)

Second Video:

Watch the paternalism and sexism of this male Canadian member (over 20 years) of the IOC who comments that if the women keep this up (their fight to be included in this sport), they just may have to wait even longer! Bad girls!

He also states that the Olympics don't include squash and rollerskating and those people are disappointed too! (umm...but those events don't exist for either gender!)

Oh, and the [Swiss] President of the International Ski Federation who thinks that jumping down so far and so frequently just doesn't seem "appropriate for ladies from a medical point of view" !!! (yep, the ol' uterus may fall out argument!)

p.s. There are 17 female members out of 108 on the IOC!
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2010, 11:16 AM   #62
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Was it my imagination or did they just not want to show a close-up of KD Lang singing.............she was in a men's suit with an open collared shirt..............I think there were maybe a total of 5 seconds of close ups of her singing.....it was all crowd shots..........

oh yeah...............Linus.........I watched CBC for the last O games........thanks for the CTV link............I will be using it......
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:30 AM   #63
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

So, a female Australian snowboarder brings in the flag for her country's team. Matt Lauer comments (paraphrase): "She'll be getting married this year...blah blah"

I don't know if anyone noticed last summer's Olympics, that with SO many female athletes, the commentators would mention something about their marital and/or motherhood status.

---

Toughy,
I'll have to look again about the KD footage. I was just so happy to hear her sing that beautiful Cohen song (in her spiffy suit!), that I didn't notice the camera shots.
Interesting.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:10 PM   #64
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Smile

Winter Olympic medals made from recycled e-waste
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #65
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

On K.D.Lang

U r right they barely had anything like a close up shot of her,if it hadnt been for the voice I herd I prolly wouldnt have known who it was till they got a better pic of the singer.Her voice is still fantastic...
Rockin
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2010, 01:54 PM   #66
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation

Lindsey Vonn.

Need I say more?
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:13 PM   #67
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole program last night. The effects on the "canvas", as they called it, were absolutely amazing. I am with Diva, the whales were awesome!

I don't really care if they shoed KD up close or not, I just thought it was cool as shit she was even singing there.

I love all the stories that go with the olympics, the background and history, and what it all means, is one of my favorite things.

I didn't really care about the "live" thing, as I DVRed it so I could start it from the beginning when my friends all got to my house and we got the pizza ordered. We fast forwarded through a majority of the commercials, and could rewind it if we wanted to catch a name or see something that one of us missed. (We did watch the "We are the world" video twice. )

I had a blast watching it with my friends....it was a great night for us.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:06 PM   #68
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Uh.. Not US Hockey. Canada will kick yer butts, especially the Women's Hockey.

<giggling> Oh I don't doubt it for a minute.....

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:41 PM   #69
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
On K.D.Lang

U r right they barely had anything like a close up shot of her,if it hadnt been for the voice I herd I prolly wouldnt have known who it was till they got a better pic of the singer.Her voice is still fantastic...
Rockin

Fantastic voice. A brand new K D Lang collection is just out.Looking forward to getting it soon.

The Opening Ceremonies was wonderful.. The Totem poles to the roof, the whales and the snow globe were stunning...LOVED IT.

What time does Apollo skate> anyone know?
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #70
Galahad

How Do You Identify?:
do I have to?
Relationship Status:
single

Galahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST Reputation

The opening and effects were really neat. What I loved was seeing kd lang in a suit on natl/world tv. There was no mistaking there was a masculine looking female in a masculine suit up there singing. I've watched it about 3 times now and can't fault the cameras. They showed the beautiful spectacle of lights and still showed off kd. I was really excited to see it. I don't watch much more than the highlights of the events after this.
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #71
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Tommi..tks for the heads up non the new KDl collection,I will be looking for it.I have about all the records she has put out,one has her autograph on it..pricelessRecently a friend of mine who deals in collectables tryed to buy the whole she bang..the money was really good but my collection of records wich started in the 50's isnt for sale.
Rockin
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:04 PM   #72
Nina
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
unmistakably
Preferred Pronoun?:
dearheart
Relationship Status:
In love, loved and Happy, thanks for askin'

Thanked 3,383 Times in 931 Posts
Nina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST Reputation
Default the 'normal' hill

it speaks volumes for the skill of the olympians as well as the (almost) inhumanly high expectations of what they can do that a 'hill' of over 100 feet (that's the right number I think) is called the "Normal Hill"...and what do they do on this 'normal hill' ?.. they J-u-m-p off it and they fly though the air and land without a hitch...it's amazing...

yes, I know you all know all that already...it just seemed worth being redundant about...

n
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2010, 07:35 PM   #73
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation
Default GO, Canada, GO!!

Not the end of the 1st and Women's Team Canada leading 7-0!

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2010, 09:06 PM   #74
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

This may not be totally PC right now...

But I so want to luge.

There's a track a couple of hours from where I live. If I didn't have as bad of a back as I do, I would be trying it. I had a bit of a daredevil streak as a young person. I guess it never went away.

Jake
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2010, 10:36 AM   #75
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

BTW for those that want to re-see the opening ceremonies can do so here. You will need your cable account info and an email address to use.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #76
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Yeaaaaaaa Canada finally won a gold medal!!!!!!:
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2010, 08:31 AM   #77
Peach

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
happily married

Peach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
Was it my imagination or did they just not want to show a close-up of KD Lang singing.............she was in a men's suit with an open collared shirt..............I think there were maybe a total of 5 seconds of close ups of her singing.....it was all crowd shots..........

oh yeah...............Linus.........I watched CBC for the last O games........thanks for the CTV link............I will be using it......
You all were robbed by NBC. Here in Canada, full version, close up, VERY close up shots of kd, it was amazing. It was on Youtube for a short time, but pulled to to copywrite infringement, at least that was their excuse. CTV or CBC will have really good coverage of stuff, and here, our cable company has video on demand with a special section just for Oympic stuff, maybe yours does too?
Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:34 AM   #78
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
You all were robbed by NBC. Here in Canada, full version, close up, VERY close up shots of kd, it was amazing. It was on Youtube for a short time, but pulled to to copywrite infringement, at least that was their excuse. CTV or CBC will have really good coverage of stuff, and here, our cable company has video on demand with a special section just for Oympic stuff, maybe yours does too?
Unfortunately, not that I've seen and if it does exist, it's by NBC (they got the American rights compared to CTV getting the Canadian -- I still think CBC should have had it). Which means it will still suck as far as their ability to cover it.

As a Canadian, (I can't believe I'm saying this) I miss the CBC. I really wish I could get it (like BBC America) as a specialty channel even. I know I can get it podcast but it's just not the same, eh?

Old 02-15-2010, 09:21 AM   #79
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Is it me, or are most of the female members of the US Ski team hot, if not crazy cute? And that snowboarder with the long blonde curly hair? OMG...she's hot.

And just an observation on Canadian TV vs. what Americans get. Back in the 1990s, I lived in a city that had CBC and CTV on the cable system. The coverage of the Olympics, and, strangely, American politics, was way better. I grew up watching Canadian TV (pre-cable, 90 minutes from a northern border). We got 2 Canadian stations and 3 US stations on our TV -- this was before cable TV existed.

There must have been some issue between US cable TV systems and the Canadian government about 10 years ago because that's when the Canadian stations started to disappear from US cable TV systems, at least here in Michigan. You can get a couple of good Canadian series on DVD to watch -- DaVinci's Inquest (sort of a pre-cursor to our CSI shows) and the Newsroom (which is a pre-cursor to The Office) and Kids in the Hall (sketch comedy). There's a few others. One show I really miss that you can't seem to find on DVD anywhere is This Hour Has 22 Minutes. That show is great fun.

Jake...who has a slight Canadian inflection, probably from all the Canadian TV he watched as a kid
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2010, 07:17 PM   #80
ButchBowWow

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, she and all those in between. Makes no difference to me.
Relationship Status:
In love with me, does that count?

ButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post

I thought it was my imagination! That was actually the only part of the opening that I had an issue with. I screamed 'what the fuck' at the tv several times while she was performing.

"It"s called the American dream because you have to be sleeping to believe it." - George Carlin
ButchBowWow is offline   Reply With Quote