Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

View Poll Results: Who will win the Super Bowl
Saints will win 62 52.99%
Colts will win 15 12.82%
Don't care, football, snooooooooze 33 28.21%
Boycotting the game CBS is lame 7 5.98%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2010, 01:02 PM   #21
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Tjwo7FsY0"]YouTube- When the Saints Go Marchin' In - Louis Armstrong[/ame]

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #22
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Default well since you asked Bob.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Interesting. How do you define 'purism'? My researches indicate that the cheerleading/football symbiosis dates back to 1898.

("Princeton graduate Thomas Peebles introduced the idea of organized crowds cheering at football games to the University of Minnesota. However, it was not until 1898 that University of Minnesota student Johnny Campbell directed a crowd in cheering "Rah, Rah, Rah! Sku-u-mar, Hoo-Rah! Hoo-Rah! Varsity! Varsity! Varsity, Minn-e-So-Tah!”, making Campbell the very first cheerleader and November 2, 1898 the official birth date of organized cheerleading."-see 'Cheerleading' at Wikipedia.)

The game we currently known as (American/gridiron) football did not appear until 1892. (See "Walter Camp" ('Father of American Football') entry at Wikipedia.)

So by purism I assume you mean you're a fan of the game as played between 1892-1898?
I must clarify. I compared today's NFL cheerleaders to hip hop dancers. I was wrong I think they are actually more like strippers. Dancers and strippers are fine. I just don't think they have anything to do with the game as basic as I would like it to be. If you have to have cheerleaders how about the ones like Will Ferrell and Shari Oteri on SNL?? They are great and far more entertaining.
I know the NFL is all about money and flesh sells, so there you have it. I would be remiss if I didn't mention not all teams in the NFL have cheerleaders though. Maybe it has to do with a teams's history of poor ticket sales?
I would rather watch the game the way it was made to be played. Less gear, no indoor stadiums, real grass, all the elements and intangables. Who cares if it's too foggy, muddy, rainy, windy to see the ball--destroy the competition! Players hurt??? Tape an asprin on the injury and go back in!!! Decapitate and mame whenever possible. Blood sport.
That is all I think.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:11 PM   #23
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

GO SAINTS

that is all
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #24
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Protest CBS!!!

Here is a link to protest the Tebow ads during the SB.

http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/.../?rc=fb_share1

Example of protest message-

"I demand that you follow through on your 'no advocacy' policy in reference to your approval of Focus on the Family's Tim Tebow spot for this year's Super Bowl. If you insist that ads must not be advocacy -- and have rejected progressive ads in the past because of their advocacy -- you must reverse your decision and reject the Focus on the Family ad."

AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:53 PM   #25
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation

Be sure to have plenty of Coca-Cola on hand while snacking, watching and yelling!
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:18 PM   #26
sharkchomp

How Do You Identify?:
TG/stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,341 Times in 309 Posts
sharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputation

wow what's up with all the haters here? lol For those of you who hate football - try the puppy bowl on animal planet. I heard it was adorable (unless you're a puppy hater too )

I'm a Titans fan so I had to root for the Packers and then I rooted for Favre- I mean Minnesota and well now I'm rooting for the Saints. I do think they'll win IF they play for four quarters.

As for snacks I've pre ordered about 150 wings, slaw n beans. I think someone is bringing some smoky joes and another is bringing meatballs. Chips n dip. Another is bringing desserts. Should be a good time with the group that's coming over.

~~~shark~~~~~~~~

take a fish boating
sharkchomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #27
femmy1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, femmy, femmtastic
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
single

femmy1 will become famous soon enough
Default Peyton....

As inspiring as the Saints have been this year.. I am a diehard Colts fan. Well, I am a super dooooooooper extra fancy Steelers fan, but in their absence, I am a Colts Fan.
I don't think the Saints have enough sticktoitiveness to last the entire 4 quarters. Just saying.

f1~
femmy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to femmy1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2010, 07:41 PM   #28
key

How Do You Identify?:
androgynous, gender-queer, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
depends on person addressing me
Relationship Status:
merrily single hopefully married one day

key Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default OK, move over, here come a REAL Fan

Football is a religion to me. College, Professional. I am dead to the world between Sept and Feb every year because I watch every game I can.

Sadly or Happily depending on perspective, since the SF Bay Area lost its dynasty football team all I really want to see is a damn good game!

That being said, I fear a serious ass whoopin coming on. I will be rooting for the Saints.....to at least make it a good game. Either way I will be sad because this is the last game for 6 months or so...

key is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to key For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2010, 07:51 PM   #29
femmy1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, femmy, femmtastic
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
single

Default :)

I am soooooooooo with you on the whole - no game for 6 months or so.. preseason starts in august !! woooot !

it's gonna be a good game no matter what. My schedule revolves around football too !! My husband never misses a game !!

f1~
Old 02-04-2010, 08:11 PM   #30
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmy1 View Post
I am soooooooooo with you on the whole - no game for 6 months or so.. preseason starts in august !! woooot !

it's gonna be a good game no matter what. My schedule revolves around football too !! My husband never misses a game !!

f1~
My girl is counting the days until the season is over. I go into football-less depression after Sunday...
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:56 PM   #31
femmy1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, femmy, femmtastic
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
My girl is counting the days until the season is over. I go into football-less depression after Sunday...
awwwww she must just miss you while you devote your sundays to the game !! it's like welcomeeeeeee backkkkkkkkk !! hehehe
Old 02-04-2010, 10:24 PM   #32
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,849 Times in 510 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
You need to get The Football Network. Football, 24/7/365.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:47 PM   #33
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

If my Patriots aren't there, all I can say is GO SAINTS!
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:38 PM   #34
SyrBlackwolff

How Do You Identify?:
Old School Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy, hym..she if you must

SyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST Reputation

Saints, Hands down!!!!
SyrBlackwolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:18 AM   #35
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestButchBoy View Post
Be sure to have plenty of Coca-Cola on hand while snacking, watching and yelling!

Stocked up today with SB snacks!

GEAUX Saints!! (But I am a long time Steelers fan).

I am watching the Super Bowl even if CBS puts those anti-choice & gay ads on. But, I sent a protest email in. Makes me mad that this has even come up. I like football and especially getting together with friends to root and watch. Been thinkinh a lot about the fact that so many people have had a rough economic couple of years and the SB might be a time for them to just let the stress go and be with family/friends and just take a day off of worry, etc. I'm also hoping that no matter if they win or not, that New Orleans gets a boost in its economy from the SB.

No matter who y'all are for, I hope you have a great SB Sunday and enjoy yourselves!

I really like wet, cold, and muddy games.... that's football to me....but guess that won't happen Sunday...

Last edited by AtLast; 02-05-2010 at 01:21 AM. Reason: goofed
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:12 PM   #36
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

One of my close friends is rooting for the Saints. My only female roomie is rooting for the Colts. The guys in the house are siding with the Saints, but only because she doesn't want them to win. I haven't made up my mind yet. I just like the games.

Snacks? Chips and fresh salsa is still, by far, my favorite 'sit in front of the telly and veg' food.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:31 PM   #37
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation

Gotta root for the Saints! Soon NASCAR starts like this Saturday so I will pleased this weekend!!
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #38
LieslKate

How Do You Identify?:
Prime Lesbian Femme Feminist Submissive Amazon Dyke Riot Grrl... :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
the Feminine...
Relationship Status:
single

LieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant future
Default WHEN THE ....

SAINTS go marching in...

I will be right behind them with Creole spiced chicken wings, Cajun chicken and spinach pizza, dirty rice and of course CoCola... *hunts up a SAINTsations cheerleader's uniform*

4 point spread btw...

LieslKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:16 AM   #39
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Here's the kitchen line up.
Tacos, queso, guac, wings, pizza.
My wife took the week off work so we could celebrate in style!

Geaux Saints!!!!
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:30 AM   #40
Forgetmenotfemme
Timed Out

Forgetmenotfemme is an unknown quantity at this point

The Saints are gonna win,they have not been so they will be hungry... :
Forgetmenotfemme is offline   Reply With Quote