Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 11-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #21
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My Sister is Jennifer, my Cousin is Jenny, my other cousin's wife is Jenny, my other cousin named his daughter Jennifer, and one of my besties in high school was a Jenni.

Except for my Sister and Bestie, they all have the same last name
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #22
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

There were a kzillion Jennifers in my grade. I was born in 1970. I see that dark crystal was born the same year. moxie, what year were you born?

P.S. No I am not a Jennifer.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #23
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have always had a significant person in my life named Jennifer, ever since I was 4 years old.

My name has gained popularity as well and, frankly, I hate that. My name is mine. Hrmph.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2011, 09:14 AM   #24
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
i feel like, for how many of us are out there, Jennifers are underrepresented in the in terms of public figures

i mean there are Jennifers

1. Aniston
2. Beals
3. Connelly
4. Coolidge
5. Finnigan
6. Garner
7. Grey
8. Jason Leigh
9. Jones
10. Lopez
11. Love Hewitt
12. Tilly

and that SEEMS like a lot, but not when you consider moxie had 8 in one class!

do Jennifers get famous under their middle names instead b/c the first is too common?

OR

are we slackers?

OR IS IT A CONSPIRACY
Definitely a conspiracy!!!

What is your middle name? Mine is Lynn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I have always had a significant person in my life named Jennifer, ever since I was 4 years old.

My name has gained popularity as well and, frankly, I hate that. My name is mine. Hrmph.
Is your name actually Gemme? It is very popular in England among the 25 to 35 group it seems.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #25
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Come on Jennifers!

Come play with us!!
Old 11-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #26
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipstic View Post

mine is Lynne! making "JEN-ni-fur LEE-yunn" my "in trouble" name
Old 11-09-2011, 09:21 AM   #27
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
mine is Lynne! making "JEN-ni-fur LEE-yunn" my "in trouble" name
Yeah, me too. lololololololo
Old 11-09-2011, 09:28 AM   #28
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 2,739 Times in 644 Posts
Tawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I just went through my FB friends list and I only have one Jen on there...

I feel completely unpopular now.

side note: growing up I was surrounded by Kims and Kimberly's and have 6 of them on my friends list... Is it a geographical thing???
Tawse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #29
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawse View Post
I just went through my FB friends list and I only have one Jen on there...

I feel completely unpopular now.

side note: growing up I was surrounded by Kims and Kimberly's and have 6 of them on my friends list... Is it a geographical thing???
I know lots of Kimberlys too, maybe it is geographical and age related?
Old 11-09-2011, 04:34 PM   #30
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I know lots of Kimberlys too, maybe it is geographical and age related?
What year were you born Apoc? What about you Tawse? Where did you grow up? How can we decifer unless we know that stuff? lol :-)

As an aside, I think that a lot of female's middle names are Lynn (mine included). It goes with lots of first names. But, again, that could be an age/regional thing.

Like I said, I grew up with a lot of Jennifers and I was born in 1970. In Maryland.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #31
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

I changed my name to Jenny (legally) about ten years ago. People assume that it's short for Jennifer, but it's not (and I hate being referred to as Jen).

Why Jenny? I honestly have no idea. I guess I just liked the way it sounded.

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #32
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

I am not a Jennifer. However all my life I've always been friends with at least once.

Does Genevieve count as a Jennifer?

Thankfully my name is somewhat uncommon - unless you were born in the late 70s and your parents were fans of the Looking Glass, or you were born in the 90s and your parents liked the show Moesha. (Interestingly, Brandy Norwood was also born in the late 70s)
Old 11-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #33
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
What year were you born Apoc? What about you Tawse? Where did you grow up? How can we decifer unless we know that stuff? lol :-)

As an aside, I think that a lot of female's middle names are Lynn (mine included). It goes with lots of first names. But, again, that could be an age/regional thing.

Like I said, I grew up with a lot of Jennifers and I was born in 1970. In Maryland.
I was born in 1963 amd my parents were from TN and VA. Almost every female I know has the middle name Lynn or Lynne or similar too. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words View Post
I changed my name to Jenny (legally) about ten years ago. People assume that it's short for Jennifer, but it's not (and I hate being referred to as Jen).

Why Jenny? I honestly have no idea. I guess I just liked the way it sounded.

Words
I like Jenny actually. Up until I started working everyone called me Jenny, then I had a boss named Jenny, so I was forced to go with Jennifer and it stuck. My family and friends from childhood call me Jenny. It seems sweeter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
I am not a Jennifer. However all my life I've always been friends with at least once.

Does Genevieve count as a Jennifer?

Thankfully my name is somewhat uncommon - unless you were born in the late 70s and your parents were fans of the Looking Glass, or you were born in the 90s and your parents liked the show Moesha. (Interestingly, Brandy Norwood was also born in the late 70s)
Actually Jennifer comes from Guenevere. I bet its closely related to Genevieve, which is a really cool name btw!
Old 11-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #34
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Is your name actually Gemme? It is very popular in England among the 25 to 35 group it seems.
It's not. I like it though.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #35
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

There were three of us in my grade named Jennifer. Two of us had the same birthday. I always got bummed out when they did the birthday announcements and I'd get all excited thinking my friends put one in for me, but when they got to the last name it was the other one. SHEESH!

I spell it Jenn these days. There are 8 people with the same first and last name as me at my job. I get emails intended for the one in the legal department all the time.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #36
jenny

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Relationship Status:
inquire within

Thanked 1,594 Times in 579 Posts
jenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputation
Default *raises hand*

I was born in 1966, and I don't think there was another Jennifer/Jenny/Jen in my small elementary school class. When I moved to a bigger town with a larger school, there were a few, but I don't remember ever feeling like there were a TON of us.

When I was little, my parents called me Jenny Lynn, adding in my middle name. I hated that. I was always Jenny, except for the summer when I turned 15, during which I thought "Jennifer" sounded much more grown up. (As an aside, I have a friend, Todd, who I met that summer, who STILL calls me Jennifer. Nobody else does. Ever.) I stayed Jenny until about age 30, at which time, somehow, I became Jen.

Now about half of my friends call me Jen, half call me Jenny. All of my kids' friends call me Momma Jenny.

I love my name, but I never thought it fit me. I wanted to be named Amy. (Or maybe Aimee.)

Jen/ny

“Life's most persistent and urgent question is: 'What are you doing for others?'”
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jenny For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 08:09 AM   #37
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Actually Jennifer comes from Guenevere. I bet its closely related to Genevieve, which is a really cool name btw!
Mr. Jenny's mom is almost exclusively Spanish-speaking, and she could never remember my name until Mr. Jenny told her "Genoveva"

now she has no problem remembering my name. It is "Veva."
Old 11-10-2011, 08:15 AM   #38
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

No my name is not any of those things. Thanks for asking, have a great day.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 09:24 AM   #39
LaDivina

How Do You Identify?:
Lady-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady-ones

Thanked 1,729 Times in 413 Posts
LaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST Reputation

My sister was born in 1966, too, and her middle name is also Lynn!
LaDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LaDivina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #40
smouldering

How Do You Identify?:
Punky girly girl, glittery femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, etc.
Relationship Status:
Single, Recovering

Thanked 3,974 Times in 924 Posts
smouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputation

I am not a Jennifer, Jenny, Jen etc. but i have known several growing up and I think i have 2 or 3 on my FB.
I have that ever so common name of Kimberly however lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smouldering For This Useful Post: