Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

...Whistler...

Never been here before, although my family vacationed once here, years ago.....maybe 30 years ago.

My parents and siblings stayed at the Whistler's Fairmont Château..... with other close family friends. I was ill that year our family vacationed there. I stayed with my grandparents, my mother's parents, while my family enjoyed Whistler.

Going to Whistler is my idea of a dream come true vacation.

WEB: http://m.fairmont.com/whistler/

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:31 AM   #202
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

IF you're going to be in the Chicago area, don't pass this place up! Several locations throughout the city!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2017, 09:36 AM   #203
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

If you're flying into Chicago's O'Hare field and are unsure of what mode of transport to take to get downtown, by all means take the blue line El train that runs right under the airport terminal station! TRUST me on this, ESPECIALLY if it's during rush hour! As you go sailing past the "parking lot" of an expressway hopefully you'll remember this post and smile to yourself!
With folks traveling this summer don't forget this tip, you'll thank me
Old 08-04-2017, 09:42 AM   #204
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

Well not so much as go there but do this I guess if you're not that familiar with the windy city! They give a tour as well as fun facts about Chicago and hop on and hop off privileges during any part of the tours
If you want to experience Chicago without all the headaches of traffic and expense of parking this is one way to go! One of the times I took this tour, the tour guide was a huge movie buff and every time we pass anywhere that they had shot any part of a movie he made mention of it....
Old 08-04-2017, 09:53 AM   #205
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I have not personally been here YET, but I've ordered enough cards that I'm on a first name bases with most of the staff.....

Address: 716 NE Lawrence Ave, Portland, OR

Miss Katz any chance this is close to your neck of the woods? Perhaps we could go together and maybe stop for lunch sometime?
Old 08-04-2017, 10:05 AM   #206
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I have not personally been here YET, but I've ordered enough cards that I'm on a first name bases with most of the staff.....

Address: 716 NE Lawrence Ave, Portland, OR

Miss Katz any chance this is close to your neck of the woods? Perhaps we could go together and maybe stop for lunch sometime?
Yesh..... ..... we should do that.

I would love to go on the tour with you, homoe, and lunch too.

_____ ______
Old 08-04-2017, 10:07 AM   #207
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

430 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611

Sidebar: This is on the lower underground portion of Michigan Ave.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:22 AM   #208
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:

430 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611

Sidebar: This is on the lower underground portion of Michigan Ave.
OMG, I wanna go here for supper.

<<<<~~ Loves Cheeseburger's, soda, and Billy Goats (especially Billy Goats stranded on a cliff near waterfalls)

_____ ______
Old 08-04-2017, 10:28 AM   #209
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
OMG, I wanna go here for supper.

<<<<~~ Loves Cheeseburger's, soda, and Billy Goats (especially Billy Goats stranded on a cliff near waterfalls)

You might want to go for lunch..the crowd from the Chicago Tribune rushes and and they are a sight to see in and of themselves! Food isn't anything special but it'll fill you up and then it's just a short walk down for dessert at Garrett's Popcorn!

Don't be disappointed if you don't see any billy goats....I think the city of Chicago has a regulation against them being in the city UNLESS of course there is one roaming around out in Wrigleyville!
Old 08-04-2017, 11:03 AM   #210
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Don't forget to check out the Mezzanine Level! You reach it by going UP to the second level then going DOWN an escalator.

There used to be some neat stores down there at one time, not sure now, as it's been awhile since I've been there.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:07 AM   #211
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
You might want to go for lunch..the crowd from the Chicago Tribune rushes and and they are a sight to see in and of themselves! Food isn't anything special but it'll fill you up and then it's just a short walk down for dessert at Garrett's Popcorn!

Don't be disappointed if you don't see any billy goats....I think the city of Chicago has a regulation against them being in the city UNLESS of course there is one roaming around out in Wrigleyville!
Adds all your Chicago insightful ideas to the dream vacation list!

*thank you homoe*

_____ ______
Old 08-05-2017, 08:05 AM   #212
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

If you're looking for a decently priced hotel and want to be on Chicago's north-side in the heart of Boys Town, please check out Hotel Versey! It's just been newly refurnished!

Hotel Versey
644 W Diversey Pkwy, Chicago, IL 60614
Phone: (773) 525-7010
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2017, 10:25 AM   #213
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Christos on Alki Beach is a great place to share some lunch or a late date appetizer with really good coffee..the view is amazing...
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2017, 10:26 AM   #214
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
Christos on Alki Beach is a great place to share some lunch or a late date appetizer with really good coffee..the view is amazing...
Been there, and what's even better now, they added those garage type doors that open up the restaurant's front dining area to get even a better view!
Old 08-06-2017, 12:20 PM   #215
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
If you're looking for a decently priced hotel and want to be on Chicago's north-side in the heart of Boys Town, please check out Hotel Versey! It's just been newly refurnished!

Hotel Versey
644 W Diversey Pkwy, Chicago, IL 60614
Phone: (773) 525-7010
This hotel is just a short ride away from Wrigley Field as well, so book early during baseball season..............
Old 08-09-2017, 07:11 AM   #216
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
This hotel is just a short ride away from Wrigley Field as well, so book early during baseball season..............

I've done a bit of research and it now appears this has become one of the new trendy "boutique" hotel that are springing up everywhere lately!
Old 08-10-2017, 12:49 PM   #217
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Even if you can't score a ticket to a Cubs game, take in the excitement around Wrigleyville...........
Old 08-18-2017, 06:29 PM   #218
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Frans Chocolate 1325 1st Ave, Seattle
Old 08-18-2017, 06:35 PM   #219
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

If you're going to be in the Seattle area with kids and you're from a place that doesn't have a GameWorks, check out Seattle's at 1511 7th Ave.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:39 PM   #220
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Potbelly Sandwich Shop

If you're ever in Portland or Seattle, and you want a great breakfast or lunch, look up Potbelly Sandwich Shop. Everything is made fresh daily: breads, salads, soups and if you are vegan or vegetarian, they are able to accommodate easily. Prices are reasonable, service is great, and you can even get freshly baked cookies, smoothies or old fashioned shakes or malts.

Link: https://www.potbelly.com/

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: