Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 09-06-2018, 05:23 AM   #761
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 96,786 Times in 22,761 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I one time took left over veggies from an meal and blended them up in an DIY recipe for making cat treats (Petunia loved the ones I made for her).

LINK: 5 Easy DIY Cat Treat Recipes

Sometimes, if I have too much left over veggies, whether it's from an single meal or just veggies in the crisper drawer of the fridge that need to be used up soon, I'll save them back and use them in an soup.
What a cool idea! Before doing so, make sure there's nothing poisonous in the batches. Some fruits and veggies can make pets sick or even kill them, like onions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2018, 06:50 AM   #762
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 3,625 Times in 742 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Tonight was kind of a strange meal. I wok-cooked veggies in their own juices (mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, and spinach) and then added shirataku noodles, soy sauce, and balsamic vinaigrette! It was hearty and edible, but barely! I did save the leftovers because I'm totally the type that does not get rid of leftovers and MUST not waste them, so I'm stuck with it tomorrow! I finished the noodles so it is mainly the veggies, and mainly the bell pepper. Imagine this mixture but with almost all the noodles having been consumed. What would you add tomorrow to make it tastier?
So in all seriousness, I am not sure since the base flavors of soy and balsamic vinaigrette are pretty strong. The only two things I can think of, and I really wracked my brain, would be to add a citrus flavor to it like lemon or lime juice. If you have mostly peppers left, why not make either a pasta salad, with the peppers, some other lightly flavored vegetables, and instead of dressing use some olive or avocado oil and a squeeze of lemon or lime. Or, make some sauteed cauliflower rice with salt and pepper in olive oil, cook some other vegetables like, pea pods (I think someone mentioned them) more onions and mushrooms, add some soy sauce and it's like a fajita over cauliflower rice. Cook the vegetables in toasted sesame seed oil to give it a really good flavor. I am stuck as to whether you should throw the peppers in because of the vinaigrette. The sesame oil and soy sauce could overpower it. Good luck.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2018, 07:25 AM   #763
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
The sesame oil and soy sauce could overpower it.
This would be a good thing. Not sure that this was conveyed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2018, 06:11 PM   #764
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 18,657 Times in 4,465 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I really appreciate everyone's feedback on how to "dress" the leftovers. Sometimes reading it helps me understand flavoring and such. I ended up simply adding kidney beans to it. It certainly wasn't anything I'd repeat, but at least I was able to finish it!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:

nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2018, 06:17 PM   #765
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 18,657 Times in 4,465 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I went to a friend's home for dinner tonight. She served a whole head of cabbage and 3 bunches of spring onions that she had stir-fried in Bragg liquid aminos (2 TSP), curry powder, and 1 TBS natural peanut butter. I didn't want to insult her so I ate all of it but it was horrible. I don't know why. It was flavorless while at the same time being too salty. Have any of you cooked with Bragg liquid aminos as a replacement for soy sauce? Can any of you guess who this "friend" of mine was? Hint: she shares my address but isn't my husbutch.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:

nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2018, 06:53 PM   #766
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I went to a friend's home for dinner tonight. She served a whole head of cabbage and 3 bunches of spring onions that she had stir-fried in Bragg liquid aminos (2 TSP), curry powder, and 1 TBS natural peanut butter. I didn't want to insult her so I ate all of it but it was horrible. I don't know why. It was flavorless while at the same time being too salty. Have any of you cooked with Bragg liquid aminos as a replacement for soy sauce? Can any of you guess who this "friend" of mine was? Hint: she shares my address but isn't my husbutch.
Lol not good. Yes I have used it. Such a different flavor than soy sauce. I use it occasionally, but prefer soy sauce. Not a fan so I only use it when there are a LOT of other flavors happening. Next time just throw some coconut milk, peanut butter and bit of chili sauce and then cook your goods. ( I mean your friend should) ETA and a splash of lime juice to the peanut sauce.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2018, 07:03 PM   #767
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,015 Times in 2,570 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

I do have Bragg’s in the door of my refrigerator, but I use tamari a lot when I cook for friends because it’s gluten-free.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2018, 09:26 PM   #768
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
(a) witchy psychidion
Relationship Status:
in a groove

Thanked 16,214 Times in 4,356 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

earlier-
Parboiled 2-3 cups of cubed potatoes (yukon & garnet). Drained well. Added a bit of coconut oil (or use Vegan butter, if you like!) to pan and fried potatoes til a little golden brown then added some green onion. Then sprinkled in cumin, turmeric, smoked paprika and garlic powder (to taste). Cooked for another 5 minutes and then added some crispy coconut bacon. Then a minute or two before i took it off the stove & added some halved cherry tomatoes and let it cook for another minute or so. I served it on a bed of spinach and added additional sliced cherry tomatoes and green onion & applesauce on the side. really nice!

[adapted from Liv B recipe]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post: