Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation
Default Quick N' Easy Roast

Use any cut of meat you prefer for this, but keep in mind that the tougher the better in this sort of situation. When I say tougher, I mean a lean cut, as little fat as possible. I like to use Chuck.

So you have your meat, it can be frozen or thawed, entirely up to you, I drop it in still frozen. So just toss that bad boy right on into the crock pot. I then take 6 of the Extra Large Beef Bouillon Cubes and crumble them up over the top of the roast, and along the sides. I add a little bit of salt and pepper as well to the top of the meat, and some garlic powder and onion powder.

Keep in mind, there is no exact measurement on how much of each spice to add, everyone's taste is different, and I just don't operate that way when I cook.

Moving along, you have all the seasonings in there, so let's add in some vegetables, chop up some potatoes of your choice, I like the smaller types, they cut up easier. Add in some carrots, some onions, really any vegetables you enjoy. Stay away from broccoli though, it turns into a very ugly, tasteless mush when slow cooked.

Final step, pour in one bottle of water. I usually just grab a bottle of water like Aquafina, or whatever I happen to have available, and pour that in over the meat, and into the sides of the crockpot. This is all the water you will need.

Set your crockpot to cook on high for about 6-7 hours depending upon how slow your crockpot cooks, then enjoy. You can use the water with the fat trimmings to make your own home made gravy as well if you want.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2016, 12:41 PM   #62
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,586 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation
Default Navajo Tacos

Fry Bread
1 1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 cups vegetable oil for frying

Chili
1 pound ground beef
1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed
1 packet (1.5 oz) low salt taco seasoning mix
3/4 cup water
4 Tablespoons tomato paste

Toppings:
cheddar cheese, shredded
lettuce, chopped
onions, diced
tomatoes, diced

Directions
1. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
Add milk. Mix together to form dough.
Kneed on lightly floured surface for five minutes or
until smooth ball forms. Let dough rest.

2. Brown beef in skillet. Drain. Add taco seasoning and water to skillet
and stir into the beef. Cover and simmer on low heat about 10 minutes.
Add drained kidney beans and tomato paste.
Stir well. Keep covered on low heat stirring occasionally

3. Cut ball of dough in half.
With hands or rolling pin, flatten the dough.
It should look like pizza dough and be about 1/2 inch thick.

4. In separate skillet, heat vegetable oil.
Gently place flattened dough one at a time into the hot oil.
Cook dough for about one minute or until it just begins to turn golden brown. Using tongs, turn the dough over and cook the other side 30 seconds to a minute. Place on paper towels to drain excess oil.

5. While fry bread is hot, top with warm chili, cheese,
lettuce, onions, and tomatoes.

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2016, 07:53 PM   #63
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I don't have the patience, talent, confidence or arrogance to be a chef but I thnk I would have been a good sous chef.

Methinks Chad may be a secret chef after reading some of his posts on the meals he makes.
No secret chef here Orema. Haha! I am a biologist. I just like homemade food.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2016, 09:23 PM   #64
RanchHand

How Do You Identify?:
Gender Fluid

RanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST Reputation
Default Fresh Garlic Crab

I'm off to the coast this weekend for fresh crabs. I'll be making garlic crab served on top of home made pasta.

1-2 crabs. Boil first, clean, divide into sections.

In a large skillet, bring olive oil and two tablespoones of unsalted butter to the temp to saute garlic for a few minutes. Place crab(s) into the skillet, sauce for a few minutes. Add pasta and serve in a large plater.

Great way to thank everyone that helps me out on the "Back 40" ranch.

I saw this on a cooking show

Yummy!
RanchHand is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RanchHand For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2016, 11:15 PM   #65
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thanked 21,371 Times in 6,721 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

hey...I may come to love this thread...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2016, 07:43 AM   #66
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

I had a thought about smokers. When I smoke meat I put beer or water in the smoker to keep the meat moist. I wonder if anyone has tried putting herbs in the water and if so did it flavor the meat?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2016, 07:56 AM   #67
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I had a thought about smokers. When I smoke meat I put beer or water in the smoker to keep the meat moist. I wonder if anyone has tried putting herbs in the water and if so did it flavor the meat?
My MasterBuilt Pro digital smoker has a pan on bottom but on top of the "firebox" that holds the wood chips.

We do not like the mesquite.....doesn't taste well on the meats for some reason. The applewood chips & cherry are the best.

As far as adding fresh herbs to the water, give it a whirl.

You can add apple juice to that pan OR soak chips in juice OR water. I have used apple juice in with some water.....worked just fine....I didn't taste any "apple" flavor so much as the woodchips smoke negates that with its own flavorings!

Good luck Chad!!!
Old 01-09-2016, 08:04 AM   #68
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
My MasterBuilt Pro digital smoker has a pan on bottom but on top of the "firebox" that holds the wood chips.

We do not like the mesquite.....doesn't taste well on the meats for some reason. The applewood chips & cherry are the best.

You can add apple juice to that pan OR soak chips in juice OR water. I have used apple juice in with some water.....worked just fine....I didn't taste any "apple" flavor so much as the woodchips smoke negates that with its own flavorings!

Good luck Chad!!!
Thank you Clay, you made some great suggestions.

Chad
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2016, 10:12 AM   #69
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,525 Times in 10,204 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post

Good luck Chad!!!
I always filled my water pan with cut up onions, garlic, apples. Think of the water as flavor infused steam along with the wood chips!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2016, 12:43 PM   #70
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Default Recipe

I am growing some veggies, does anyone know an easy pickling recipe for pickling banana peppers?
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2016, 02:51 PM   #71
storyspinner70

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

storyspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I am growing some veggies, does anyone know an easy pickling recipe for pickling banana peppers?

I use this recipe I found online:

Brine (per one lb of peppers):
3 cups white vinegar (5% acidity)
2 cups water
2 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon sugar

1 garlic clove per jar, minced

Heat the brine until the salt and sugar have completely dissolved. Let cool to room temp, fill jars. Let them pickle in the fridge for at least 24 hours - longer if you can.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:01 PM   #72
storyspinner70

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

storyspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputation

Ham Casserole
(Recipe is easily doubleable - is that a word?)

6 potatoes, chopped
1/3 C chopped onion
2T butter
2 C ham, cubed
1 1/2 C broccoli (which I skip, yuck lmao)
4oz Neufchatel cheese
1 1/2 C cheddar
4 slices bacon

Cook your potatoes until done. Cook ham at the same time, as well as the broccoli. Cook the onions in the butter until translucent.

Combine potatoes, ham, broccoli, and onions and butter in a baking pan. Cut chunks of Neufchatel cheese throughout the pan, and spread around. Cover with cheddar.

Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes. Cook bacon during this time until crispy. Crumble on the top of the casserole when done.

Super good!
Old 05-01-2016, 03:09 PM   #73
storyspinner70

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

I also have a super easy shredded chicken recipe everyone seems to love.

It's simply chicken breast, your favorite bbq sauce - everyone seems to have one, so I won't bore you with mine, and a cup or two of root beer - depending on how much chicken you're cooking.

Cook on the stove at low or medium low (275° to 300°) until chicken is super tender and falls apart - usually 4-5 hours. Shred. Keep warm until supper.

I personally don't use my crock pot much, but if you'd rather you can cook this on low for five hours, then shred the chicken and keep warm.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:11 PM   #74
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyspinner70 View Post
I use this recipe I found online:

Brine (per one lb of peppers):
3 cups white vinegar (5% acidity)
2 cups water
2 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon sugar

1 garlic clove per jar, minced

Heat the brine until the salt and sugar have completely dissolved. Let cool to room temp, fill jars. Let them pickle in the fridge for at least 24 hours - longer if you can.
Thank you, I appreciate this recipe.
Chad
Old 05-02-2016, 07:10 PM   #75
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyspinner70 View Post
I also have a super easy shredded chicken recipe everyone seems to love.

It's simply chicken breast, your favorite bbq sauce - everyone seems to have one, so I won't bore you with mine, and a cup or two of root beer - depending on how much chicken you're cooking.

Cook on the stove at low or medium low (275° to 300°) until chicken is super tender and falls apart - usually 4-5 hours. Shred. Keep warm until supper.

I personally don't use my crock pot much, but if you'd rather you can cook this on low for five hours, then shred the chicken and keep warm.
As most know, I don't often cook but last time I attempted to make a pork shoulder for shredded pulled pork I used Root Beer too! It really gives a great flavor!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2016, 08:41 PM   #76
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

I have found that my crock pot does almost everything but wash the dishes. Makes the best baked taters, best stuffed cabbage rolls, lasagne, apple butter etc... Love my crock pot.

Throw in some ribs, dump in a big bottle of bbq sauce, put on slow, ready in time for dinner.

Throw in a beef roast, one shot of JB, slow cook all day.

Throw in a frozen chicken, cook slow all day, toss in a can of mushroom soup, a cup of ranch dressing.

throw together a salad, you got dinner.

Want to know how to make stuffed cabbage rolls the easy way? let me know.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2016, 04:27 PM   #77
storyspinner70

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
As most know, I don't often cook but last time I attempted to make a pork shoulder for shredded pulled pork I used Root Beer too! It really gives a great flavor!
Awesome to know!
Old 05-14-2016, 05:49 PM   #78
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Default Recipe

Does anyone have a red beans and rice recipe that is super yummy? Anyone from Louisianna?
Old 06-04-2016, 07:21 AM   #79
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Default Ideas

I have some ground chicken that I would like to make into something tasty. Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 06-04-2016, 08:29 AM   #80
girlin2une

How Do You Identify?:
submissive queer stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

Thanked 3,845 Times in 856 Posts
girlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Are there any vegetarian/vegan recipes other than soups (i have looked through the whole thread) anyone could share?
How do you define courage? Is it the absence of fear? You might think, under the weight of your fears, "I am not courageous." But maybe you have the wrong perspective. Courage can be measured in many ways, and is not the absence or denial of fear, but the willingness to act vulnerably. When you're faced with the unknown and then you stand on the edge of risk, courage brings you to the point where you are able to take flight, though you might be unsure of your wings.
girlin2une is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girlin2une For This Useful Post: