Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 02-17-2014, 12:58 PM   #1441
EmJay

How Do You Identify?:
femme

EmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST Reputation

Frozen Ground

It's based on a real story of a serial killer/rapist in Alaska that went on a killing spree of about 12 years. (Mostly prostitutes) Vanessa Hudgens played the part of Cindy, the girl that got away. I think she played the part so well and I read after that she met the real Cindy Paulson and that the part was really hard to play because they made the room that he kept the girls locked up in identicle to the real room. She said she couldn't help but feel really connected to the emotions the girls felt because she could see it so well what happened. John Cusack plays the killer and he said he felt horrible for her having to play that part and him having to play his part in doing those things to her so he asked Vanessa out for drinks with him and his friends after which I thought was cool. Nicholas Cage plays the main cop and he did awesome at his role too.
EmJay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EmJay For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 11:05 AM   #1442
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-bottom, lesbian, queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Leather polyamorous family

Thanked 2,855 Times in 905 Posts
~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation
Default Elena Undone

Elena Undone watches like a documentary. Small vignettes between bits of narration from a love guru mixed with personal comments from couples build a framework for a wonderful, loving, enlightening and arousing tale.

Actors: Necar Zadegan, Traci Dinwiddie
Directors: Nicole Conn

The acting is quality. It is not The Godfather or One Flew Over the coo coo nest. But very well done. The filming is marvelous. Again it is not Bergman's Fanny and Alexander. It is beautiful to look at none the less. Enjoy this one.
Uh Huh Her
~baby~doll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 11:24 AM   #1443
Queenie

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,891 Times in 523 Posts
Queenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST Reputation

Dallas Buyers Club (2013)
Director:
Jean-Marc Vallée
Writers:
Craig Borten, Melisa Wallack

quote: Rog: Who the hell’s Rock Hudson?

Clint: He’s an actor, dumbass. Haven’t you seen North By Northwest?

Once again, Matthew McConaughey and his proud Texan accent excel in a film which seems to be tailored man for him. It is a familiar story of the common man going up a system and its laws. He does this to save his life and you have got to admire his arrogance. He also uses loop-holes in law to ‘sell’ the drugs to HIV patients.
I didn’t feel a great amount of disdain at his ignorance about the illness. As this was the 80s and news of how it was transmitted was ‘spread’ by the press and that is the only information you had in those days (even the doctors stood back from him with face-masks). His homophobic nature was a part of his age and culture but being introduced to people who he easily mocked earlier and then seeing them as people in the same of boat as him lead to one of the film’s theme of ‘redemption’.
I’ve read that there is some artistic license to the real story and some of the characters but i don’t give a shit. The sentiment is there and the film is well made and acted and it isn’t a documentary.

My husbands review, I loved this film! Please go and see it! Think god Matthew McConaughey has stopped making stupid films with Kate Hudson!
Queenie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Queenie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 01:46 PM   #1444
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
Dallas Buyers Club (2013)
Director:
Jean-Marc Vallée
Writers:
Craig Borten, Melisa Wallack

quote: Rog: Who the hell’s Rock Hudson?

Clint: He’s an actor, dumbass. Haven’t you seen North By Northwest?
Great lines (but not my pick for Best Picture.) Screenplay maybe because it's nominated. Every Best Picture nominee is nominated for writing in each category as original work or as an adaptation, Before Midnight being the exception. I've seen every nominated film for Best Picture and they all have incredible writing and production, but grim and depressing is the theme this year—at full throttle— apart from Philomena and The Wolf of Wall Street, a filthy account from Martin Scorsese and Terence Winter, which drops the F-bomb more than any other film in history. On the flip side, they are my favorite collaborators on Boardwalk Empire. I appreciate the impetus behind creating these films, which is varied, along with their meticulous details. But personally, I've had my fill, all year, of heavy in raunchy true stories (Jason Belfort,), gritty realism (Dallas Buyers Club and American Hustle,) brutality (12 Years A Slave), sadness and dysfunction (August: Osage County), ruination (Blue Jasmine.) and scary shit from (Gravity.) Time to crack open a couple of 6-packs, relax and take a break from all the gunk portrayed in movies this year. I'm coming up for air.

Add movies like Halle Barry in the The Call and Side Effects with Jude Law and Catherine Zeta-Jones (which have nothing to do with the Oscars), and you have the straws that broke the camel's back. (I run to Downton Abbey and animal documentaries and fun stories and movies about heroism.)

If you would like to share your vote for the heck of it, please feel free. I've opened the thread The 86th Annual Academy Awards. I hope you'll take advantage of the thread and all information inside. See ya at the movies.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 04:39 PM   #1445
SoulShineFemme

How Do You Identify?:
All girl. All the time.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Married to my beloved ONLY

2 Highscores

Thanked 1,363 Times in 455 Posts
SoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I watched Last Vegas with ONLY and her sweet boy last night. It was cute.
SoulShineFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoulShineFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 05:01 PM   #1446
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default Open all the pills and throw them on the table

Of the more digestible movies I've seen without Rx-strength Nexium and Prilosec are The Butler and All Is Lost, man's plight against the sea and the odds of surviving her with Robert Redford. Both films and their actors are snubbed by the Oscars. Your guess is as good as mine as to why.

After a steady diet of negative stories this year, Saving Mr. Banks comes in as the last surprise irritant. "Just A Spoonful of Sugar ...makes the medicine go down" didn't work with me as I tried to digest Emma Thompson as the irritating P.L. Travers, author of Mary Poppins. Emma Thompson, who is excellent as all get-out, plays a demanding, unyielding writer with all the emotion of a walking ironing board who challenges Walt Disney (Tom Hanks) and his staff, at every turn, in their efforts to produce his version of Travers' classic book. You will want to reach in and strangle Thompson at points in this flick along with Disney's staff.

After getting on my last nerve, I shoved in a DVD of Lee Marvin in the Dirty Dozen and left "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" to history in one of Walt Disney's greatest creative achievements over creative differences and P.L. Travers' demands. It was a battle from the get-go.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 05:15 PM   #1447
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulShineFemme View Post
I watched Last Vegas with ONLY and her sweet boy last night. It was cute.
Very cute movie—and refreshing—with great actors. It's a keeper.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #1448
mountainbikedyke

How Do You Identify?:
Masculine Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

mountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputation

We watched Dallas Buyer's Club. Great movie!
Old 02-24-2014, 12:06 AM   #1449
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Keeper of the Flame (1942)
Caught (1949)
Old 02-24-2014, 12:01 PM   #1450
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Company of Heroes (2013)
Old 02-24-2014, 12:47 PM   #1451
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Kobayashi's "Kwaidan"
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2014, 01:58 PM   #1452
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

Thanked 8,321 Times in 1,626 Posts
stargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputation

Machine Gun Preacher

based on a true story of a man from a sorted past that finds God, and travels to Africa. There he discovers his life mission to help the children of Southern Sudan and Northern Uganda from being tortured, raped, and murdered.

He started by opening up an orphanage...as he witnessed the horror of what was happening things morphed into much more.
stargazingboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2014, 03:19 PM   #1453
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,586 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation

The kids are all right.

Loved it!!

Annette Benning/Julianne Moore/Mark Ruffalo

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2014, 03:26 PM   #1454
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbypoem View Post
The kids are all right.

Loved it!!

Annette Benning/Julianne Moore/Mark Ruffalo

Cute movie with two great ladies. I'm a fan of Benning and Moore.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2014, 06:18 PM   #1455
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I rented Safe House with Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds....
it was incredibly engaging....non stop action... I typically do other things while watching tv/movies...this kept me occupied the entire time
Old 02-24-2014, 07:21 PM   #1456
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I miss the days of great French mystery/thrillers by Claude Chabrol, the fabulous Italian films with Monica Vitti , Sophia, Gina,and Claudia, the fantasies of Fellini, the grit of De Sica, the westerns of Sergio Leone, the spectacles of David Lean, the surprises of Hitchcock, and so so much more... I think younger generations really have been deprived of the "magic of the movies".. today's movies are so "small", so smugly self-absorbed, so miserably over-marketed and hyped that people are afraid to say they "stink"...I mean, really, wtf was so good about American Hustle?

Last edited by C0LLETTE; 02-24-2014 at 07:28 PM. Reason: edit
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2014, 08:47 PM   #1457
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

"Prisoners” stars Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal, Viola Davis, Maria Bello, Terrence Howard, with Melissa Leo, and Paul Dano.

82% of critics and 87% audience liked it on Flixster ratings

Suspenseful movie! Very well-done.

Your child is missing. Every second counts. How far would you go? When his six year old daughter Anna goes missing along with her friend Joy, Keller Dover faces every parent's worst nightmare. The only lead is a dilapidated RV that had been spotted earlier on the street. Detective Loki is put in charge of the investigation and immediately arrests the driver of the RV, Alex Jones, however a lack of physical evidence forces them to release him. With the police pursuing different leads to no avail and his family life disintegrating, a desperate Keller decides to take matters into his own hands. But just how far will he go to save his daughter?

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2014, 09:31 PM   #1458
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

Thanked 8,321 Times in 1,626 Posts
stargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputation

Cloudburst

"Stella and Dot, a lesbian couple, escape from their nursing home and head to Canada to get married. Along the way, they pick up a young male hitchhiker, a troubled soul who has much to learn about courage from the two ladies."

was a funny yet sad comedy...the characters were a bit over played but that's what made it funny.
stargazingboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2014, 12:59 AM   #1459
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-bottom, lesbian, queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Leather polyamorous family

Thanked 2,855 Times in 905 Posts
~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation

i rewatched the Swedish Trilogy The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest.

Absolutely riveting in every way. Great filming, great script, superb acting. The story takes us into the dark place of humanity. Three of the best films i have ever seen. The version with Daniel Craig, Rooney Mara, is excellent and worth the watch but Michael Nyqvist, Noomi Rapace, are so good in the originals it can't be beat.
The dubbed version is not so hot. The subtitled extended versions are the best. It comes to around 9 hours of viewing for all three. Each film is split into 1 1/2 hour segments.
Uh Huh Her
~baby~doll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2014, 11:34 AM   #1460
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,586 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation

The Abduction of Eden

Gritty...Very.Very.Gritty.

It's a shame, that this shit goes on not just in our Nation but everywhere.

Well acted movie. True story.

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:

Tags
film, movie