Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 12-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #21
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

Ms. Meander, I love your story and your sig line. I've often felt the exact same way.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:33 PM   #22
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
Many thanks Girl on Fire.

2nd degree here.

Practicing for many years now. I accept gifts in kind or donations.

My pets come to me for Reiki, after the initial shock of getting some

Started as empath.

When off balance I work on myself until resolved.

If hands bother you, incorporate more alive foods in your diet, eliminate grains and other stimulate/inflamation causing foods. Google it.
For me i have elliminated all grains, i'm hoping to soon feel a difference.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2012, 01:07 PM   #23
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I have been using Reiki energy as a healing modem for close to 10 years now.

I was attuned to the 1st and 2nd degree in the same year, and stayed at the 2nd degree for a couple of years before receiving my attunement to Master. I had amazing experiences with both the 2nd attunement and when receiving my attunement to Master.

A few years back, I had a good friend who was terminal with melanoma. He swore the morphine and the other pain meds did no good and would call me, begging for me to "come and give me Reiki", which of course I would do.

It is amazing to see the full power of Reiki at work, like when it is used in an operating room to slow/stop bleeding during a very sensitive surgery, or when used on cancer patients, or on newborns who are born addicted to some drug.

Just my personal preference, but I have never charged for sharing this energy with another, I feel so honored to be a vessel for this most awesome energy.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2012, 08:16 PM   #24
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Just my personal preference, but I have never charged for sharing this energy with another, I feel so honored to be a vessel for this most awesome energy.
I feel the same way about Reiki but the way my Master/Teacher explained it, it's important to charge at least something for it, even if it's a type of barter, since all healing professionals charge for their services and to not do it would mean being overwhelmed by requests to give so much for your time for nothing in return. It's a noble thought but unfortunately, does not translate into our monetary society. I wouldn't refuse somebody who couldn't afford it, however. I'd always find a way to work something out.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:24 PM   #25
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

This is why I stated that it is my personal preference to not charge anything. Every time we give Reiki, we also receive any healing that we need as that energy passes through us, that's enough payment for me...that and seeing the gratefulness and release from pain. The way I was taught and still believe is we are not the healers, merely the vessels for which the energy passes through. Were I to decide to teach the classes and give attunements, then I may choose to charge/barter for my time and knowledge.

I do however, support anyone's choice to charge or barter for Reiki services.

Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_On_Fire View Post
I feel the same way about Reiki but the way my Master/Teacher explained it, it's important to charge at least something for it, even if it's a type of barter, since all healing professionals charge for their services and to not do it would mean being overwhelmed by requests to give so much for your time for nothing in return. It's a noble thought but unfortunately, does not translate into our monetary society. I wouldn't refuse somebody who couldn't afford it, however. I'd always find a way to work something out.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #26
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I was taught that without the exchange of money or some other token, the exchange of energy between the one giving Reiki and the one receiving it will be rendered less effective/incomplete.

When I was still treating and teaching on a regular basis, I started a group, which mainly consisted of others involved in various forms of healing, the idea originally being that we'd get together on a regular basis for a chat and some moral support. None of us were making a great deal of money and it soon became clear that although most of us were in need of some healing of our own, in the majority of cases, we simply couldn't afford it. It was then that I came up with the idea of 'paying' for treatments using a token system - I give you a Reiki session, you give me a token for a Reflexogy session, that kind of thing - and it proved very popular. So although money rarely changed hands, I felt I was fulfilling the requirement to 'charge' for the Reiki sessions and take care of my own well being as a practioner.

I really miss those days. They were great.

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #27
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words View Post
I was taught that without the exchange of money or some other token, the exchange of energy between the one giving Reiki and the one receiving it will be rendered less effective/incomplete.
Words
That's what I was taught as well. I like the idea of the barter system you had going on in your group.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #28
TheDreadPirateRoberts

How Do You Identify?:
self made
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
perfectly content with true love

TheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I have been using Reiki energy as a healing modem for close to 10 years now.

I was attuned to the 1st and 2nd degree in the same year, and stayed at the 2nd degree for a couple of years before receiving my attunement to Master. I had amazing experiences with both the 2nd attunement and when receiving my attunement to Master.

A few years back, I had a good friend who was terminal with melanoma. He swore the morphine and the other pain meds did no good and would call me, begging for me to "come and give me Reiki", which of course I would do.

It is amazing to see the full power of Reiki at work, like when it is used in an operating room to slow/stop bleeding during a very sensitive surgery, or when used on cancer patients, or on newborns who are born addicted to some drug.

ty for sharin that jesse....ive never charged either ...i work right now only with my partner & friends once in awhile....and they already do such much for me that i couldnt ask anythin in return for the lil bit of energy i send their way.....not even a barter however....if i was offered so much per session from the health dept etc say for providing my service ...i may consider it ...but the money would go back to things to help my growth or to benefit other people - oils, teas, natural suppliments , organic foods...or donate to a non profit organization
its def amazing to see the energy exchange help to heal someone who didnt think theyd ever get the opportunity to feel some relief
Old 01-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #29
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

When i first started doing Reiki it was for my own enlightenment.

i became Reiki two so i could become even more attuned and reach further enlightenment. i struggled with charging people for my work. Then a teacher explained to me that my time is valuable, what i do is valuable, and it needs to have a price on it. SOmetimes that price is the knowing that i gave a gift, sometimes the price is a ego knowing someone feels better, sometimes it's a bottle of pinot noir and sometimes it's monetary.

The point is there should always be an exchange of some sort, because what we do has a value.

Thoughts?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #30
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

I absolutely agree with you girl_dee. Our time and energy does have value. It's very important not to let ego enter into it. I think there are some healers who charge way too much and some undercharge. A bottle of for Reiki sounds good though.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:13 AM   #31
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,150 Posts
Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation

My instructor and I have had long talks about compensation. This is the same woman who made Reiki accessible to me when I was broke. She says much the same as dee's teacher, about value and exchange. She came to me at one point and actually suggested that I start charging. I live within limited means and she sees it as an opportunity to open myself to the flow of abundance. I struggle with it still. But I still do more sessions for free than I charge for. No one is turned away, ever. And I often offer it to friends or acquaintances who I see could benefit. It fills me up to do so and I expect nothing in return, but often they will offer some token of gratitude. One friend is an artist and she gives me artwork, which I love.

When I do charge, I suggest a liberal sliding scale. It works out because there are a good many folks around here with the means to pay the top end and they are glad to do it. Because of them, it is more possible to see others for much less or free, as I am actually trying to make a living at this. I'll never be rich. That's not the point. The point is to share love, light, and healing energy with as many people as possible, while also sustaining myself and my basic needs. I think we sometimes view money as dirty or evil and as energy channels we just want to help everyone and expect nothing. But money exchange is just another form of energy exchange. I think it is absolutely fine when dealt with cleanly and clearly.
My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart. - Maya Angelou
Ms. Meander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #32
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

i love this convo around compensation.

i was taught and i believe it that if we don't put a value on it, others won't either.

The compensation does not have to be monetary.

We charge for our time. We are $80.00 no matter what we are doing, Massage, reflexology, Reiki or whatever. $80.00 per hour
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #33
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Meander View Post
My instructor and I have had long talks about compensation. This is the same woman who made Reiki accessible to me when I was broke. She says much the same as dee's teacher, about value and exchange. She came to me at one point and actually suggested that I start charging. I live within limited means and she sees it as an opportunity to open myself to the flow of abundance. I struggle with it still. But I still do more sessions for free than I charge for. No one is turned away, ever. And I often offer it to friends or acquaintances who I see could benefit. It fills me up to do so and I expect nothing in return, but often they will offer some token of gratitude. One friend is an artist and she gives me artwork, which I love.

When I do charge, I suggest a liberal sliding scale. It works out because there are a good many folks around here with the means to pay the top end and they are glad to do it. Because of them, it is more possible to see others for much less or free, as I am actually trying to make a living at this. I'll never be rich. That's not the point. The point is to share love, light, and healing energy with as many people as possible, while also sustaining myself and my basic needs. I think we sometimes view money as dirty or evil and as energy channels we just want to help everyone and expect nothing. But money exchange is just another form of energy exchange. I think it is absolutely fine when dealt with cleanly and clearly.
Very well-put, Ms. Meander!

@girl_dee: You do reflexology?
Old 04-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #34
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation

I was offered the opportunity to work with Hospice clients, and I said yes. I am extremely humbled by the prospect. Excellent timing. Thank you.

I've not worked with the terminally ill before. Has anyone had experience with this? Thoughts? Feelings?
My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart. - Maya Angelou
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #35
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
I was offered the opportunity to work with Hospice clients, and I said yes. I am extremely humbled by the prospect. Excellent timing. Thank you.

I've not worked with the terminally ill before. Has anyone had experience with this? Thoughts? Feelings?

i wish i had seen this sooner.

Palliative care has been where i've been drawn to. i had to take a break. i had so much going on in my life i had no room for the energy that it takes.

What i did was a great gift for the family. For the hour that i was working with their loved one, the family could take a short break, without guilt of leaving the side of the patient.

It's very humbling. i have been thinking of getting back in to this again. My greatest years were when working with the less fortunate and palliative care.

i wonder how it's going for you!
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2013, 07:09 AM   #36
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post

i wish i had seen this sooner.

Palliative care has been where i've been drawn to. i had to take a break. i had so much going on in my life i had no room for the energy that it takes.

What i did was a great gift for the family. For the hour that i was working with their loved one, the family could take a short break, without guilt of leaving the side of the patient.

It's very humbling. i have been thinking of getting back in to this again. My greatest years were when working with the less fortunate and palliative care.

i wonder how it's going for you!
I have yet to actually start! The process is unbelievable. The application alone is 27 pages. There are background checks, medical exams and immunizations, references, orientation, and extensive trainings. The volunteer coordinator works from the other side of the state so that slows things down too. Hopefully I will be working with clients by the end of month.

One interesting thing is that I am being asked not to talk about what I really do. In other words, take the "woo" out of energy work. That makes me feel a little uneasy, but I understand the reasoning. I guess I'll see...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #37
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
I have yet to actually start! The process is unbelievable. The application alone is 27 pages. There are background checks, medical exams and immunizations, references, orientation, and extensive trainings. The volunteer coordinator works from the other side of the state so that slows things down too. Hopefully I will be working with clients by the end of month.

One interesting thing is that I am being asked not to talk about what I really do. In other words, take the "woo" out of energy work. That makes me feel a little uneasy, but I understand the reasoning. I guess I'll see...

Yes i get that.. it sounds like Voodoo and people shy away from that. i have always used Energy work in conjunction with bodywork but doing it alone has been a challenge.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:08 PM   #38
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Quote:

See, that alone I would have a problem with. I do not and will not get any type of immunization. Working in a hospital is not going to be in my future if I have to do that.

I do understand not fully "talking about" what you do. Even in the classes I'm taking, our teacher tells us we have to use pretty specific language. We are to call Reiki a "Japanese technique for healing and relaxation." It's less "woo-ey" I guess. lol!
Old 08-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #39
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Quote:
See, that alone I would have a problem with. I do not and will not get any type of immunization. Working in a hospital is not going to be in my future if I have to do that.

I do understand not fully "talking about" what you do. Even in the classes I'm taking, our teacher tells us we have to use pretty specific language. We are to call Reiki a "Japanese technique for healing and relaxation." It's less "woo-ey" I guess. lol!

They do give the option to sign waivers on the immunizations...

I still have not started at Hospice. There have been numerous red tape tangles. Soon. Hopefully!
Old 08-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #40
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

In addition to Reiki I have just completed Year 1 training for another type of multidisciplinary healing work (and my scholarship has just been extended so that I may continue!). The Reiki works well with it - in fact, something Reiki-like is a small component of it.

I feel myself expanding, learning so much about myself and how to keep myself "safe" as I open more and more. I'm practicing regularly and my "regulars" are noticing the shifts and increases of energy movement in our sessions. They are experiencing real change and relief --- and so am I! It's terribly exciting and heart-warming to be a positive contribution to others. I am hugely grateful!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:

Tags
energy, healing, holistic, reiki