Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 04-30-2011, 09:53 PM   #41
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,527 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpychick View Post
I absolutely loved her. She is one of the few toys I can recall having.

Mrs Beasley!!!!!

I loved her, too!

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 10:00 PM   #42
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Gemmie reminded me....

my huge gray stuffed mouse with big floppy ears...that I received for an Easter gift when I was 3 from Mom when she forgot to get me any Easter bunny stuff before she arrived at Lil Gma's to pick me up after work (Gma made her go back out, but all she could find was that mouse)... that mouse was so well loved for years, that he got very flat and thread bare. Then there was my favorite sock monkey that a church lady made me before she passed away from cancer. Both the mouse and monkey were lost during a move from Indiana to Virginia when I was 10. But I loved them, memories about them and the people who gave them to me. Sometimes, for me, it's not the toy that I'm so fond of.... it's the link to special people and special memories.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #43
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,527 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation
Default Great thread!

I loved my dolls...anything from Timey Tell to Barbies, to Doll babies....

I liked the accessories like the Barbie RV and the cars and the horses...oh and the pool! That was the coolest...

Oh! And my Barbie record player was the coolest thing I owned! Wait, my EasyBake oven, too!

Woohoo!

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 10:21 PM   #44
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

Reading all the posts helps me remember some favorites.

I loved Etch-A-Sketch, Viewmaster, and Spirograph. I still remember receiving my Easy Bake Oven--a favorite for many years. My mother was a teacher, and I liked playing "school" with all of the crafts and teaching tools that she had leftover from school. I also liked using her craft books to make stuff--still remember a whole village made out of cereal boxes and oatmeal canisters.

I had a lot of dolls, but I don't remember playing with them very much. I did like to pretend that Barbie, Ken, and family were really alive and living in shoe boxes in my closet. I think I was eight or nine, and I constructed a whole drama about them, ala' "The Borrowers." I think I loved reading more than playing with toys.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 10:31 PM   #45
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

From ages three to six, I tried my very best to wear my cap gun and holster to bed. I was a cowboy and certain others thought the same of me. I was almost seven when I got my first BB rifle. The cap gun became instant history.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 11:30 PM   #46
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 12:06 AM   #47
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

I mostly liked to play sports as a kid so my favourites were probably my hockey sticks, my purple and white Raptor's basketball, and my world cup '94 soccer ball. Even if I had no one to play with I'd spend hours on with these. I also liked my bike a lot, think it was a supercycle.

My mum used to get me lego, and she got me this medieval lego castle that I played with excessively.

Also had this blue Disney train set my parents got me fro X-mas one year (maybe 3 or 4) that I played with for years. Was a regular trainset, with merry-go-rounds and such along the track, and the figurines that fit into the train were all the disney ones like donald, mickey, pluto etc.

Couldn't find any pics of these online.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 04:44 AM   #48
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,223 Times in 478 Posts
femmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputation
Default Once upon a time....

I was given a white rabbit when I was not yet walking, a stuffed animal, but it had a zipper on the belly to hold the battery for its eyes which lit up! The eyes were red. I loved that rabbit for many years, and later the zipper was the perfect element to practice "surgery"! I also got as a toddler a Pinocchio which I loved because I loved the story. But my favourite toys were always those my grandfather made for me, and all the interesting things I would find in my grandparents haberdashery store (buttons, ribbons, sewing notions, bits of fabric.....)
My grandfather was a recycler and re-user before his time, and the favourite toy he made us was a kaleidoscope, with toilet paper cardboard inserts, bits of glass and interesting buttons, and the three strips of mirrored glass. He would decorate the outside with fabric or metallic paper, and we never tired of watching him make these "miracles"!
All this was a long time ago!

Elle*
And your heart, as it was then, will be on fire.

Anna Akhmatova "White nights"
femmennoir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to femmennoir For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 05:36 AM   #49
T4Texas

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Ready to play again!

T4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST Reputation

I'm really enjoying all the responses and especially the pictures. It's great to see what other people like. Some of my other favorites were GI Joe and all his accessories, matchbox cars, a mickey mousegetar which had little plastic disks you put in that played the different songs and duncan yoyos.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:05 PM   #50
Turtle

How Do You Identify?:
A mixity
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatever
Relationship Status:
chillin

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,222 Posts
Turtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST Reputation
Default And

I had the Weebles boat, but I couldn't find it - the 70s version anyway...
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Turtle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 02:16 PM   #51
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Childhood Toys

*Lincoln Logs

*Tonka Trucks, Matchbox Cars

*Astronaunt Helmet

*Football & Uniform

*Army Men and Tanks

*Tennis Racket

*Freddy, my sock monkey

*Fishing Rod & Tackle Box

*Baseball Glove & Pitchback

*GI Joe and the suba diving outfit
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 02:24 PM   #52
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Mom played a lot of board and word games with me when I was home from school or the weather wasn't fit to be outside.

Master Mind

Parcheesi

Stay Alive

Sorry

Scrabble

Aggravation

Yatzee

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #53
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Not a lot of toys growing up....but I had one of these and practically wore it out. Still love to bake...some things never change

...and used to kick my sister's butt at this regularly...best word game ever...

...and the thing that I played in, rather than with, constantly until we moved out of the apartment building when I was about 12 or 13...

Old 05-01-2011, 02:54 PM   #54
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

my favorite toy was my baby alive. I thought I had the best baby doll ever made lol
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #55
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Lil Gma knew I loved horses; this was a birthday present and LOVED for many years....
Misty's story is still very endearing to me.

Then there's what Lil Gma would bring out at Christmas time for us to set up around the entire living room...

(this isn't a picture of her exact set... I've looked but can't find pictures of her blue and dark green Lionel Streamliner set...what I wouldn't give to have her train sets, and have her here to help me set them up again. )
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #56
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Fishing pole, and my easy bake oven.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2011, 04:42 AM   #57
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,879 Times in 1,484 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation
Default Colorforms!!!

I had many sets of these!

Old 05-03-2011, 05:11 AM   #58
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,560 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

My dad bought my brother an erector set when i was like 6. i was fascinated by it. It had battery powered motors. By the time i was nine my mom had put a small table in my room so i could tinker with it. That erector set had me hooked and i played with it for years!!! i also stole my brothers chemistry set and learned how to start fires without fire.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #59
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

My football, my glove and hardball, my basketball, and going to the beach every weekend in the summer.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #60
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Great thread!

Tonka Dump Truck

Clyde's Car Crusher

Adventure People

Rock'em Sock'em Robots- I was always red, my sister blue

These blow up boxing gloves. There is film of me knocking my sister out when I was like 5.

everything on Blade's lists except the Red Rider

anything I could ride (big wheel, bikes, etc.)

ETA: colorforms rocked too... Peanuts!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: