Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 03-23-2017, 12:23 PM   #21
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I too enjoy the ocean. It's been awhile since I last went down to the coast, but a friend of mine gave me an unusual birthday present last year. It's a device that plays an natural recording of sound waves, that the ocean makes as waves crash upon the shoreline. And ever so often, you can hear other sounds, like sea gulls crying as they ride the air thermals above the ocean. The sound recording lasts about 2 hours and I listen to it each night, before I fall asleep. It's so lovely to hear, each night.

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2017, 07:01 PM   #22
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

I was just listening to the same type of track on youtube the other day. Instant relief. The sound of the waves is amazing therapy for the mind and soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I too enjoy the ocean. It's been awhile since I last went down to the coast, but a friend of mine gave me an unusual birthday present last year. It's a device that plays an natural recording of sound waves, that the ocean makes as waves crash upon the shoreline. And ever so often, you can hear other sounds, like sea gulls crying as they ride the air thermals above the ocean. The sound recording lasts about 2 hours and I listen to it each night, before I fall asleep. It's so lovely to hear, each night.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 03:19 PM   #23
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Edward Hopper

Rooms by the Sea 1951

The Long Leg 1935

The Lee Shore 1941

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2017, 07:47 PM   #24
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default the Sea and Moonlight Sonata...at night

Beethoven Moonlight Sonata with Relaxing Ocean Sound

so relaxing...

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2017, 10:27 PM   #25
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Default Cello by the Sea, ocean waves, meditation and peace, 3 hours

The cello and the sea. Two of my favorite things. This will be my new go-to for those moments ...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2017, 08:24 PM   #26
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Default Vintage Seaweed Illustrations

No words for how beautiful these are (from 1848):

Seaweed

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2017, 03:54 PM   #27
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default ocean

Guillaume Nery exclusive Sportlife documentary

Guillaume Nery Cristo Abissi

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2017, 06:29 PM   #28
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I love anything at all to do with the ocean, beach, etc. and have ever since I was a child. I have collected nautical themed stuff over the years and I often wonder if in a past life I was a fisherman, lived in the islands, was a sailor, etc?
As a child I lived nowhere near the beach but there was a big creek in front of our complex and I loved to go sit by the water. We swam in it in the summer since we were too poor to afford the public swimming pool. They offered free swimming in the mornings from 9am-11am and we went then. In the afternoons when the pool charged a fee, us poor kids from the apartment complex went swimming in the creek.
I live close to a lot of beaches now and I go as often as I can to relax myself. Being close to the water always brings me peace and has a calming affect on me. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that my astrological sign is Cancer?
Old 06-23-2017, 08:09 PM   #29
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
I love anything at all to do with the ocean, beach, etc. and have ever since I was a child. I have collected nautical themed stuff over the years and I often wonder if in a past life I was a fisherman, lived in the islands, was a sailor, etc?
As a child I lived nowhere near the beach but there was a big creek in front of our complex and I loved to go sit by the water. We swam in it in the summer since we were too poor to afford the public swimming pool. They offered free swimming in the mornings from 9am-11am and we went then. In the afternoons when the pool charged a fee, us poor kids from the apartment complex went swimming in the creek.
I live close to a lot of beaches now and I go as often as I can to relax myself. Being close to the water always brings me peace and has a calming affect on me. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that my astrological sign is Cancer?
If you're attracted to the smell of "Old Spice" I would say there is a 50/50 chance you were either a sailor or fisherman in a past life.,,
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2017, 08:31 PM   #30
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
If you're attracted to the smell of "Old Spice" I would say there is a 50/50 chance you were either a sailor or fisherman in a past life.,,
My dad was a sailor and his go to men's cologne was Old Spice.

_____ ______
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2017, 08:34 PM   #31
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
That's really sweet that you live so close to the ocean.....I love going down to the beach at the ocean or being close to any body of water because it soothes me....and I'm not even a Cancer ..... (I'm a Gemini, with a splash of Cancer, a bigger splash of Taurus, but mostly Gemini, lol) .

_____ ______
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2017, 08:45 PM   #32
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I think I have posted this observation in the past but it bears repeating! I am a cancer and I've ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS lived within walking distance of the water, whether it was in my home town on Lake Superior, Milwaukee on Lake Michigan, Seattle's Alki Beach or here in Kingston! I can count the times I've gone down to the water on one hand and still have fingers left!
Old 06-24-2017, 05:44 AM   #33
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

YES!!!! I love when my spouse wears Old Spice!!!!
Old 06-24-2017, 05:49 AM   #34
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
YES!!!! I love when my spouse wears Old Spice!!!!
Well there ya go................
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2017, 11:59 AM   #35
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default O

Oxygene - The Ocean

gotoseagrl...your thread moves me
thanks for starting it.

Greco

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2017, 08:44 PM   #36
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Default The Sound of the Sea

The Sound of the Sea ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

The sea awoke at midnight from its sleep,
And round the pebbly beaches far and wide
I heard the first wave of the rising tide
Rush onward with uninterrupted sweep;
A voice out of the silence of the deep,
A sound mysteriously multiplied
As of a cataract from the mountain's side,
Or roar of winds upon a wooded steep.
So comes to us at times, from the unknown
And inaccessible solitudes of being,
The rushing of the sea-tides of the soul;
And inspirations, that we deem our own,
Are some divine foreshadowing and foreseeing
Of things beyond our reason or control.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2017, 11:29 PM   #37
hopelessromantic69

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
all male
Relationship Status:
Single but unavailable

hopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputation

Old 08-04-2017, 10:03 PM   #38
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Default Girl Looking Out to Sea

Girl Looking Out to Sea - Albert Chevallier Tayler 1918

The Following User Says Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2017, 10:36 PM   #39
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Default Submersive (Full Album Montage)

The Following User Says Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 02:08 PM   #40
knight

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

knight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputation
Default A Drop

You are not a drop in the ocean.
You are the entire ocean in a drop.

Rumi
knight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knight For This Useful Post:

Tags
mermaid, nautical, ocean, pirate, sea