Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 02-19-2020, 04:04 PM   #241
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

What’s on my mind in politics is the ages of all of the front running candidates. If one supposes another year of chaotic campaigning followed by a probable eight year run that starts getting into statistically pretty questionable territory regarding the potential for cognitive decline, not to mention other possible health challenges.

I would be really interested in seeing the running mate choices. I think the potential Vice Presidents needs serious consideration as well.

There is a lower age limit when running for president, I think Congress should think about implementing an upper limit as well. Won’t work for this cycle, but I think it might be prudent for the future.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2020, 08:25 PM   #242
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Democratic Debate in Las Vegas

Am watching the Democratic Debate in Las Vegas now (wanted to see Bloomberg), also in Chat, where there is no one (lol).
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2020, 08:52 AM   #243
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default White House Appoints Outspoken Ambassador As New Acting Head Of Intelligence

President Trump has named Richard Grenell, the vocal and controversial U.S. ambassador to Germany, as the new acting director of national intelligence, replacing the current acting head of the nation's 17 spy agencies.

Grenell, who has been the U.S. envoy to Berlin since May 2018, is known to be fiercely loyal to Trump, but critics have noted that he has no background in intelligence and no top-level management experience.

Another Trump lackey PLUS by appointing him "acting head" it avoids a senate confirmation hearing.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2020, 08:57 AM   #244
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

~~~
Roger Stone's sentencing. I can't wait to see how this end!
Old 02-20-2020, 09:08 AM   #245
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,460 Times in 741 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
~~~
Roger Stone's sentencing. I can't wait to see how this end!
I am thinking Trump did all those pardons the other day (none of which were deserved) to make it look routine when he pardons that idiot Stone. I'd love to see Roger in orange if only for the fact orange jump suits don't have spread collars. SAD, as Donald says.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2020, 09:27 AM   #246
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
The pardons. That's what's on my mind. Trump's disgraceful pardoning of white collar white criminals Michael Milken, Rod Blagojevich, Bernard Kerik and Ed DeBartolo Jr. Who's next? Roger Stone? And if he's convicted, Harvey Weinstein? Every dictator needs a phalanx of monied lackies who aren't afraid to break the law tight around him. Is there a role for them in Trump's next incarnation? Thoughts like these used to seem crazy. We didn't know then what crazy was.
The following is from the NYTimes.....

The 11 Criminals Granted Clemency by Trump Had One Thing in Common: Connections!

I think that about covers it, need we say more!?
Old 02-20-2020, 11:41 AM   #247
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

^5 for 40 months because 40 months for someone like Stone is akin to 40 years.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2020, 05:45 PM   #248
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
President Trump has named Richard Grenell, the vocal and controversial U.S. ambassador to Germany, as the new acting director of national intelligence, replacing the current acting head of the nation's 17 spy agencies.

Grenell, who has been the U.S. envoy to Berlin since May 2018, is known to be fiercely loyal to Trump, but critics have noted that he has no background in intelligence and no top-level management experience.

Another Trump lackey PLUS by appointing him "acting head" it avoids a senate confirmation hearing.
And so the plot thickens! NYTimes has reported updates to this story today! Watch this space for further developments folks.....
Old 02-20-2020, 05:59 PM   #249
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
^5 for 40 months because 40 months for someone like Stone is akin to 40 years.
Stone is 67 now. Forty months will have him out at approx 71. That's 2-3 yrs younger than Trump is now. These guys are like reptiles.They slither and survive.
And that despite Trump probably releasing him back into the swamp before he even gets one leg into a prison jumpsuit.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2020, 06:06 PM   #250
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
Stone is 67 now. Forty months will have him out at approx 71. That's 2-3 yrs younger than Trump is now. These guys are like reptiles.They slither and survive.
And that despite Trump probably releasing him back into the swamp before he even gets one leg into a prison jumpsuit.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2020, 04:43 PM   #251
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Sanders in Nevada

I am watching the Nevada Caucus, and so far, Bernie is leading. I just listened to what he said regarding health care. He is right, ya know. We in Canada see health care as a right. I am beginning to see that the strongest candidate so far is Bernie. Everything he says resonates with me. Why can't one of the most powerful and richest countries in the world offer free health care when smaller and less financially able countries such as Canada, France and the UK, etc. (and other European countries) offer free health care to its citizens? It demands - I think - a change of attitude in the people who vote.

I have had a few accidents in my life, have a steel plate in my arm, many screws, visits to the orthopedic surgeon afterwards, etc. There was nerve damage (couldn't feel my fingers), shoulder problems, months of physio, and free reiki. Mostly, have all of my arm back (like more than 95%), and ya know, it didn't cost me a cent.

Recently, having some dental work done, and discovered that the B.C. govt has a $1000 amount available for me that covers most of the costs...

Will probably be having the cataracts removed in the hospital free of charge as well (I changed my mind regarding Lasik surgery).

I don't worry if anything else happens, as I know even as I age, that the govt will take care of me, and this from a country that is not as rich or powerful as the U.S.

It isn't perfect here in Canada, but I don't expect perfection.

If all the delegates across the U.S.A. can rally around one candidate, I now think the Dems can win, even if it is Bernie. I wish him luck.

I don't believe that Bernie in the last election "split the vote". The fact that he didn't get nominated to run did not cause the Dems to lose. One can't blame him for the Dems' loss in that election. The Dems lost cause of Trump and his promise to make America great again (the same promise that Hitler made in the 1930's that got him elected).

Bloomberg can't debate for beans and he has too much baggage, and Biden isn't strong enough. I still like Warren, so we shall see who gets chosen. I am beginning to get interested again to see what happens.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2020, 06:22 PM   #252
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 02-26-2020, 12:19 PM   #253
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

They must have found a new med/drug for Donald as I didn't hear him sniffing during his India press conference. I did find him extremely flat and as usual talking and explaining things like a second grader (a little truth mixed in with a vivid imagination).
The Following User Says Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2020, 12:47 PM   #254
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
They must have found a new med/drug for Donald as I didn't hear him sniffing during his India press conference. I did find him extremely flat and as usual talking and explaining things like a second grader (a little truth mixed in with a vivid imagination).
Old 02-28-2020, 01:25 PM   #255
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

“It’s going to disappear. One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear,” Trump said at the White House Thursday.....I have often noticed what he spouts are reflections of himself. I can only hope one day I wake up, the miracle has happened and he is gone.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2020, 05:04 PM   #256
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
“It’s going to disappear. One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear,” Trump said at the White House Thursday.....I have often noticed what he spouts are reflections of himself. I can only hope one day I wake up, the miracle has happened and he is gone.
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2020, 06:32 AM   #257
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I'm going to miss Chris Matthews. I think it was probably time for him to go, but the MSNBC primetime lineup is weak without him. He has character and personality. I disagreed with him on many important issues, but I liked his show. I like Lawrence O'Donnell, but he's weird as fuck. I get really tired of Rachel's historical ramblings and tendency to exaggerate. Chris Hayes is a sweetheart, but omg his show is like watching paint dry. I guess they could bring Al Sharpton back from the weekend or rehire Melissa Harris-Perry so the weekday lineup is not lily white. Just don't move the homophobe "my emails were hacked" Joy Reid back to prime time, please.

They might put Steve Karnacki into the slot. I like him, but I hope not. It would be another dull white boy.

Well, I will miss Chris. There's no replacing that kind of experience. He was a power broker himself when he worked for Tip O'Neill. He knows politics from the inside. In contrast, Brian Williams is just a slick network journalist. And talk about dull. Anyway, in spite if his anti-Bernie hysteria, Chris Matthews will really be missed. Damn.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:38 AM   #258
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default President Trump asserted Monday that the Democratic primary is “rigged” against Sen. Bernie Sanders...

“I think it’s rigged against Bernie,” Trump told reporters at the White House before departing for a campaign rally in North Carolina, adding that Sanders could still “pull through” and win the nomination.

He SO wants it to be Bernie he runs against!

His hope is to play the "socialist" card to the hilt! I mean he threw it into his state of the union speech to a resounding applause!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2020, 01:55 PM   #259
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Until I see Trump hug, kiss, or even shake Xi Jingpin's hand without surgical gloves on, I wont believe a word either of these vile political demagogues say about controlling the spread of coronavirus.

Maybe Pence could be the "King's Taster"....Xi kisses Pence, if Pence doesn't die within 2 weeks, Pence kisses Trump.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2020, 06:23 PM   #260
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default OMG the ego on this guy......

Bloomberg says contested convention "only way I can win".

MIAMI (AP) — Mike Bloomberg acknowledged Tuesday he’s aiming for what some Democrats say would be the party’s worst nightmare: A contested convention. “It’s the only way I can win,” he told reporters during a campaign stop at one of his field offices in Miami.

Bloomberg has argued he’s the only candidate who can beat President Donald Trump in the general election.