Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 04-03-2011, 03:38 AM   #221
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
I have no interest in present day baseball whatsoever but have a strong interest in vintage imaginery of the early New York Yankees' sides.

For many years, I've collected original Yankees photographs from their origins in 1903 through to the late 1940s, with a particular liking for items from the 1920s. I'm not really sure what started the interest but just find this vintage imagery so alluring and way ahead of its time.
This sound wonderful! My Dad had some vintage baseball photos- I believe a nephew has them now.

After the incident of a fan getting attacked in LA this past week (he is in a medically induced coma at present), I'm having a difficult time with the season starting. I have loved the game all my life and enjoy going to games to this day. But, this makes me sick.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #222
southernboi63

How Do You Identify?:
Him/ he
Preferred Pronoun?:
BUTCH
Relationship Status:
single

southernboi63 Has the BEST Reputationsouthernboi63 Has the BEST Reputationsouthernboi63 Has the BEST Reputationsouthernboi63 Has the BEST Reputationsouthernboi63 Has the BEST Reputationsouthernboi63 Has the BEST Reputationsouthernboi63 Has the BEST Reputationsouthernboi63 Has the BEST Reputationsouthernboi63 Has the BEST Reputationsouthernboi63 Has the BEST Reputationsouthernboi63 Has the BEST Reputation

Lets go Cincinnati Reds....been a big fan of them for as long as I can remember.....
southernboi63 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to southernboi63 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2011, 09:05 AM   #223
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Go RED SOX!!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2011, 09:20 AM   #224
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

Gooooooooooooo Yankees!
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #225
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

GO CUBS!
Does anyone have the 1-800 number for the Chicago Cubs anger management/curse confidence counseling services? Thanks!
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #226
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

GO GIANTS!!! Fuck YEAH!!! There will never be a team like last year's again. Pure heart!!! It felt like the old days of baseball for me watching them.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:18 PM   #227
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
GO GIANTS!!! Fuck YEAH!!! There will never be a team like last year's again. Pure heart!!! It felt like the old days of baseball for me watching them.

The old days of baseball? Like when the Giants and Dodgers were New York teams

As a European sports fan, I just don't understand (or like) the US franchise system where teams with long-established routes in one city can up and leave to another part of the country like that.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #228
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
The old days of baseball? Like when the Giants and Dodgers were New York teams

As a European sports fan, I just don't understand (or like) the US franchise system where teams with long-established routes in one city can up and leave to another part of the country like that.
My "old days!" My first games were at Seal Stadium in SF right after the Giants were uprooted.

I can see your point here. My parents were huge baseball fans- and "courted" when the Giants and Dodgers were NY teams. Since they eventually settled in northern CA, they were happy about these teams ending up here. Although, they sure talked up the days of the "Bums".
Old 04-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #229
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
My "old days!" My first games were at Seal Stadium in SF right after the Giants were uprooted.
Presumably one of the grounds where the SF Seals played? Until recently, I had a Japanese program for a goodwill tour that the Seals made to Japan in 1949.

My young nephew is half-Japanese and the Japanese are very interested in baseball so I'm determined that he'll be raised as a Yankees fan

Quote:
I can see your point here. My parents were huge baseball fans- and "courted" when the Giants and Dodgers were NY teams. Since they eventually settled in northern CA, they were happy about these teams ending up here. Although, they sure talked up the days of the "Bums".
Their history was so romantic - always the bridesmaid and never the bride ... until 1955 when "next year finally came" ...... one of the best stories of sporting history.

Ken Burns' Baseball, a documentary series from the early to mid 1990s, is a great program with some absolutely fantastic footage.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:28 PM   #230
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation
Default Home boys....

Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #231
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

The Rangers are beating the crap out of my Red Sox to start this season. Third game and they have 11 home runs so far. WTF?!?!

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #232
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

my cubs lost 2 in a 3 game series with the pittsburgh pirates. hopefully they can get a win at home tomorrow against the diamond backs.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #233
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Presumably one of the grounds where the SF Seals played? Until recently, I had a Japanese program for a goodwill tour that the Seals made to Japan in 1949.

My young nephew is half-Japanese and the Japanese are very interested in baseball so I'm determined that he'll be raised as a Yankees fan

KEWL!!

Their history was so romantic - always the bridesmaid and never the bride ... until 1955 when "next year finally came" ...... one of the best stories of sporting history.

Sure did!! I have so many great memories of seeing them play back then- and Willie Mays. My brother played Triple A ball (catcher) was scouted by the Giants. His HSW team took the state championship one year. Never made it though, but baseball was such a part of my childhood. I was the "bat girl" for his HS and triple A team. And he broke my fingers more than once and my nose when I would catch for him because he wanted to be a pitcher. I played softball, but back then, girls sports were nothing. Pre-Title IX. Sucked. But we had hella baseball games in the neighborhood that were co-ed. My parents both played, too.

Ken Burns' Baseball, a documentary series from the early to mid 1990s, is a great program with some absolutely fantastic footage.
Yes, this great- and you are right that the modern day MLB has lost some of the magic. One of the things I really enjoyed about last year's SF Giants was that they were a team of young, no-name players- a "team!" No super stars. Plus, I love Lincecum's long hair and Wilsons beard.

Phooey- they are getting beat by the Dodgers tonight!!
Old 04-04-2011, 02:43 PM   #234
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Go Dodgers!

The Dodgers trounced the Giants pretty good this weekend for the opening of the season.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #235
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
Go Dodgers!

The Dodgers trounced the Giants pretty good this weekend for the opening of the season.
They sure did- damn! except, I always root for Dodger Blue when my Giants are out of the play-offs and the Dodgers are in. Always for the National League.

Thought the Giants might over take the dodgers last night- phooey!! Hoping next time these teams play in SF, I will catch a game at the park. I have a couple of nephews that are Dodger (from So Cal) fans and we always have a good time going to see our teams together- lots of attitude and outlandish claims!
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #236
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I am soooooo excited baseball is back!!! I love me some baseball. I don't have a favorite team, that would be like work for me. I generally cheer for the brightest jersey, I am well aware that makes some of you hardcore fans roll your eyeballs. I like the stats. I have some favorite players. I really enjoy watching the pitcher/backcatcher teams. I just enjoy it all.

Oh and I LOVED watching the Bluejays opening game... Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land....

signed,

The dorky fox

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #237
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

yay! my cubs beat the diamondbacks 4 to 1 today. Playing them again tomorrow. go cubbies.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #238
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Watched Tim Lincicum pitch a shut-out today against the A's. It is my sister's 74th BD and her Grandson's 32nd. We all got together at AT&T Park and had a great time. Beautiful day and it was good to be with some family. My brother-in-law was not a jerk- so all went well.

GO GIANTS!!
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2011, 01:09 PM   #239
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Oh, NO!! Posey may be out for the season!

How are fav teams doing for everyone else? LOL, Marlin fans are probably happy today.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #240
Miss July

How Do You Identify?:
Bitchy, Self Sufficient, High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mizz (Bitch)
Relationship Status:
Not LOOKING

Miss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up How about those Red Sox .................

Gooooooooooooooo Red Sox!
Miss July is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss July For This Useful Post: