Old 10-09-2018, 04:07 PM   #14121
Ender

How Do You Identify?:
Male (trans)
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Single

Ender Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST Reputation

I'm thinking company's need to pay their staff a reasonable living wage. Today, $15.00 an hour has the same buying power as $1.79 in 1960. Seriously, wtf? You expect us to be able to live off of $15 or less and be happy about it? No, f*ck that, pay us a decent living salary without having to work multiple jobs.
College costs thousands of dollars, which most young people will not be able to pay off for YEARS because you're not paying us enough to even be able to afford to live. College should not be mandatory to be able to get decent work.

My rants over, still pissed, but it's over.
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ender For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2018, 05:52 PM   #14122
Ender

How Do You Identify?:
Male (trans)
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Single

Ender Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST Reputation

I think the interview went pretty well. I guess I'll hear either way in a week or so. I do hope I get it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ender For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2018, 06:51 PM   #14123
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,460 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

My favorite sleeping shorts are just too worn out.....going in the trash. Gahhhhhh hate that!
Old 10-10-2018, 06:57 PM   #14124
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
I'm thinking company's need to pay their staff a reasonable living wage. Today, $15.00 an hour has the same buying power as $1.79 in 1960. Seriously, wtf? You expect us to be able to live off of $15 or less and be happy about it? No, f*ck that, pay us a decent living salary without having to work multiple jobs.
College costs thousands of dollars, which most young people will not be able to pay off for YEARS because you're not paying us enough to even be able to afford to live. College should not be mandatory to be able to get decent work.

My rants over, still pissed, but it's over.
I would kill to have a 15 an hour job but jobs these days are based on education as well, i only have 2 years community college and a not so good job record. I could live off 15 an hour for a long time if its steady pay and full time. So just know to some of us can live off a 15 an hour wage.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2018, 08:32 PM   #14125
Ender

How Do You Identify?:
Male (trans)
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
I would kill to have a 15 an hour job but jobs these days are based on education as well, i only have 2 years community college and a not so good job record. I could live off 15 an hour for a long time if its steady pay and full time. So just know to some of us can live off a 15 an hour wage.
How? Between rent, vehicle payments (insurance, fuel, random expenditures, etc), groceries, any utilities (electricity, cable, internet), how do you live off $15/hour? Do you have any spending money left? I just think $15 is cutting it tight.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ender For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2018, 08:39 PM   #14126
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,460 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
How? Between rent, vehicle payments (insurance, fuel, random expenditures, etc), groceries, any utilities (electricity, cable, internet), how do you live off $15/hour? Do you have any spending money left? I just think $15 is cutting it tight.
Sorry to butt in but yes I agree it can be done. If you don’t have a lot of expenses. Like car payments or maybe very low rent/no rent?

However I’m with ender.... I know I couldn’t do it! I have too many bills. It would ruin me to have to go to that kind of pay. 15 an hour is way too low these days!
Old 10-10-2018, 08:45 PM   #14127
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
For one I have no debt, I follow a strict budget, the only bills I have are car insurance, gas for truck, cell phone and any type of emergency funds are in an account. And I do not go out often, so there fore I save when not going out.

15 bucks for an entry level job is good here, most places still pay the minimum wage which no one can live on, that's why a lot of people are on govt programs.

But yeah budget and knowing what you have you can live off 15.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2018, 07:38 PM   #14128
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,092 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

I need to pick up a new volt meter.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2018, 12:52 AM   #14129
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default ENGAGED!

What is on my mind......my brand new engagement!!
I am so very happy & blessed.
I haven't ever been THIS serious with a woman before!

I am speechless..... I love her so much!
Old 10-12-2018, 02:28 AM   #14130
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation
Default congrats to you, clay :)

I hope there are photos in the galleries of you two ... I will have to check.

Now just don't set your kitchen on fire when you cook for her. Use extra caution slinging your elbows around when near the stove. LOL!

Take good care and again, huge congrats to both of you!

*smiles and waves*

p.s. just checked galleries ... no photos! get busy and put some in there for us!!!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2018, 05:39 AM   #14131
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post

Congrats, clay!!!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2018, 08:57 AM   #14132
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,128 Times in 3,010 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Holy cow! Congratulations to you both!
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2018, 09:01 AM   #14133
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

How can hisd oust an interim superintendent and reinstate a no good man back into that position. Really? Oust an honorable black female for him? Growls...
Old 10-12-2018, 11:15 AM   #14134
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Congrats, clay!!!
Thank you, Gemme! I heart YOU!
Old 10-12-2018, 11:21 AM   #14135
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
I hope there are photos in the galleries of you two ... I will have to check.

Now just don't set your kitchen on fire when you cook for her. Use extra caution slinging your elbows around when near the stove. LOL!

Take good care and again, huge congrats to both of you!

*smiles and waves*

p.s. just checked galleries ... no photos! get busy and put some in there for us!!!
Thanks, Rock!

I WILL use extra caution when cooking, lucky for me, she LOVES to cook but hates clean up! I have "learned" the hard way to keep elbows away from the Kenner sized "Easy Bake Ovens" we have here in the apartments! .

Silly Boi!

She heard all about my cooking expertise when she was here a couple weeks ago....everyone told of "Fireball" & "Smokey"..lol

I do not know how to post pics, and she has some on her camera of us up at Ponce Inlet a couple weeks ago. She hasn't had time to set up her computer, etc. Her mom is in ill health, so she has her hands full, bless her!

Thanks so much my friend!
Old 10-12-2018, 03:03 PM   #14136
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Congratulations Clay! I am thrilled for you. You deserve this! Be well, my friend.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2018, 04:21 PM   #14137
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
Congratulations Clay! I am thrilled for you. You deserve this! Be well, my friend.
Congrats !!! exactly what Wrangler said ~ enjoy your new time in life~
Old 10-12-2018, 07:24 PM   #14138
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums
Default My amazingly loving & supportive friends on this site.

ON my mind....is the kind words, gentle love, & support of my chosen "family" on this site!

Thank you all for your kind words.

((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))
Old 10-12-2018, 08:47 PM   #14139
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Just how much I have to do in the next few days.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2018, 04:49 PM   #14140
Ender

How Do You Identify?:
Male (trans)
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Single

Back to square one...