Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 02-27-2020, 09:33 PM   #4881
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

5K at work. Step counting makes having to run around at work much less annoying!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2020, 11:21 PM   #4882
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
I had over 8000 steps logged on my phone. My phone actually counts steps. It doesnt count movement if I'm sitting, texting or playing games😲

Sitting, texting and playing games doesn't have any health benefits, so that's why it's not counted.

I was puzzled when we compared steps throughout the rest of the day.. I wonder if my walking gait had anything to do with hers? We covered the same area, yet she had more. It was her arm movements..lol
Yes. A person with long legs can cover more ground than someone with shorter legs. I have a very short gait and often take 2 and 3 steps for one of someone else's.

For a visual, think of two dogs running side by side: a Dachshund and a Doberman. Think of how fast those little hot dog legs are moving to keep up with the Dobie. That's me with most of the people I know. On the bright side, my step count usually is pretty high.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2020, 11:35 PM   #4883
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation
Question

10,855 today ! And I probably push and moved 100 pounds too@

I'm getting muscles ..lol

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-29-2020, 01:23 AM   #4884
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Today was a big day of steps for me. After I finally got settled, after getting home from work and feeding Petunia and getting my salsa prepped to sit and meld in a bowl over the weekend, my fitbit went bezerk (!) and buzzed my wrist to tell me that I walked over 11K steps. But as soon as it did that, it flipped to a new day and it annoys me because I somehow bumped a setting on my Fitbit and it's not even midnight yet, but it's on a new day now, lol (or not). << wry smile>>

I probably won't get much steps in tomorrow, since today was a big day; but I do have my therapy appt tomorrow and I have a couple of errands too.

It feels good when I have days where I have a high step count.

I'm hoping to figure out how to reset the clock on my Fitbit, so I can get the right time on it again.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-29-2020, 06:30 PM   #4885
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I went late afternoon to the gym. I did 35 minutes on the stairmaster (Level's 3,2,1 x 2 min each level x 5 sets, then level 1s, HR 140s to 170), then I did 25 min on the weight floor stretching and doing weights and such.

I met a woman in her twenties in the locker room named Kayla. She had just quit her day job because she was now able to focus full time on her start-up. I guess if I see her again I will have to ask what her start-up is.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2020, 05:21 PM   #4886
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Yummy exercise

I went to a dance class this morning.... we played a bunch of songs but this song was on the playlist, Yummy by Justin Bieber, and I did some yoga stretches and stuff while listening to this song (it was an extended remix).

My step count remains about the same during the week except for the days I get more than 10K.

I'm learning to get different types of exercise in, lately. Like the group dance class exercise I participated in today and a yoga stretch session on the floor at home or going, soon if possible, for a swim at the community center in my neighborhood.

Happy Saturday to all of you

_____ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2020, 07:58 PM   #4887
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm still hating on the gym so it's all work and home chores for me. 5848 steps so far today.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2020, 09:16 PM   #4888
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I have been shocked when at the end of the day, I've checked my steps! Huge 13,668 on Thursday, and the others have been 10,000 to 11,000.

I'm working my ass off. Well, if I had one, it would be gone by now, lol. My arms and legs are totally getting a work out. Oh, and one smashed toe. Its turned an awful shade of purple.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2020, 09:36 PM   #4889
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Yes. A person with long legs can cover more ground than someone with shorter legs. I have a very short gait and often take 2 and 3 steps for one of someone else's.

For a visual, think of two dogs running side by side: a Dachshund and a Doberman. Think of how fast those little hot dog legs are moving to keep up with the Dobie. That's me with most of the people I know. On the bright side, my step count usually is pretty high.
oh most definitely. My friends always tell me to slow down. Lol. I say, but I'm not walking fast!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 10:38 AM   #4890
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,014 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Now that I'm stuck at home due to COVID-19, including working from home, I am worried about not getting in even my small amount of 800 steps. I'm going to start walking to the end of my driveway and back - a little embarrassing as the neighbors have never seen me walk with my rollator - but what the heck, who cares? But today it's raining, and it's supposed to rain for the next few days. I used to do some walking in place/calisthenics (usually to blasting NIN or some industrial or grunge thing - I no longer even have a stereo capable of "blasting".) I guess I will try that again. At least I don't go anywhere when I do that (since it's all in place), so I don't have to come back from anywhere!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 09:24 PM   #4891
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

It was so gorgeous here today. Sunshine, balmy weather, it felt great being outside all day today. I got about 8500 steps in, at work.

I actually got a call back from the doctor's office and they realized that I *HAVE TO* have that A-1c blood panel workup done, so they got me into a remote testing site, tomorrow morning, for my fasting labs. The doctor will call me next week by phone to conduct our office visit.

All this past week, except for today, I logged 10K to 13K steps, but I've never made it to 15K. Today I was just plum tired. So I think getting 8500 was okay.

If I am furloughed to time off from work next week, I'm just going to work up the courage to see if I can ride my bicycle for longer periods of time. Because if I can do that, then I will venture out for a short, but kinda long bike ride to the store, which is about a 3 mile ride to get to the store. 6 miles, altogether. I don't know if I can do it, but I'm gonna try it (soon).

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2020, 09:57 AM   #4892
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,014 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
. . . I'm going to start walking to the end of my driveway and back . . .
So I went outside just to get in my car and drive to the pharmacy yesterday, and I felt like my lungs were going to collapse! I had to go inside and lie down! The pollen count here right now is something else (it has something to do with how much it rained last week and then all of a sudden got sunny). So I don't think I'll be walking down my driveway.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2020, 02:55 PM   #4893
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Default I set a milestone today

Today, since there is hardly anybody on the roads in our neighborhood, I decided to go for what is my second time, riding my bicycle. It's just a simple Huffy women's bicycle, no bells or whistles, no braking system other than using the bicycle pedals. I made sure the air in the tires were just right, then I put on my bicycle helmet, riding gloves and turned on the lights (front and brake light system). I rode for about 40 some-odd minutes. About 4.3 miles. Sometimes, I had to get off the bike and walk my bike up long grades on hills nearby. But, the few drivers who went by? They slowed down and smiled at me and gave me the 'thumbs up' sign...

I'm sitting in my big momma's chair right now, and rehydrating after my ride. Two quarts down, one more to go (soonly).

My hips hurt the worst, and my glutes (thighs) are burning and shakey.

But it felt so great to breathe in the fresh air.

Now, next time I work up courage to go for a ride, I will stick to my 4.3 mile route until I can bicycle it without getting off and walking my bike up hills.

The downside to all of this is that when people return to work and traffic begins to rise, I don't know if I will be so willing to do it, unless it's on the weekend (less traffic). I wish there were bicycle lanes that helped me get to other parts of our metro area that definitely have inner-city lanes for cyclists. If there was? I'd ride every day, and save only my car for trips to the washeteria and grocery shopping and the doctor's office.

That's my 'good news' today, that I created my first milestone of achievement in being able to ride my bike for longer than 20 minutes in our gigantic parking lot, lol.

Cheers to everyone.

Wishing health and safety to all,
~K.

_____ ______
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2020, 05:08 PM   #4894
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Today, since there is hardly anybody on the roads in our neighborhood, I decided to go for what is my second time, riding my bicycle. It's just a simple Huffy women's bicycle, no bells or whistles, no braking system other than using the bicycle pedals. I made sure the air in the tires were just right, then I put on my bicycle helmet, riding gloves and turned on the lights (front and brake light system). I rode for about 40 some-odd minutes. About 4.3 miles. Sometimes, I had to get off the bike and walk my bike up long grades on hills nearby. But, the few drivers who went by? They slowed down and smiled at me and gave me the 'thumbs up' sign...

I'm sitting in my big momma's chair right now, and rehydrating after my ride. Two quarts down, one more to go (soonly).

My hips hurt the worst, and my glutes (thighs) are burning and shakey.

But it felt so great to breathe in the fresh air.

Now, next time I work up courage to go for a ride, I will stick to my 4.3 mile route until I can bicycle it without getting off and walking my bike up hills.

The downside to all of this is that when people return to work and traffic begins to rise, I don't know if I will be so willing to do it, unless it's on the weekend (less traffic). I wish there were bicycle lanes that helped me get to other parts of our metro area that definitely have inner-city lanes for cyclists. If there was? I'd ride every day, and save only my car for trips to the washeteria and grocery shopping and the doctor's office.

That's my 'good news' today, that I created my first milestone of achievement in being able to ride my bike for longer than 20 minutes in our gigantic parking lot, lol.

Cheers to everyone.

Wishing health and safety to all,
~K.

Good for you!!!!!!!!!! You did a good safety check and got ready and had a good ride!

I thought I would ride today but I did yard work instead. Probably four hours of raking and cleaning up. There is still work to be done but that's good. I enjoy it.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 10:50 AM   #4895
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Good on you, Katz! I'm working 6 days a week so by the time I get home, I'm not really up for working out but I have made more of an effort to take the time to massage my legs. I've developed a little bit of edema so that helps push the fluid out of the tissue. Plus it feels nice. I'm getting well over my step goal each day, though. That's something, right?

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2020, 08:25 PM   #4896
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Holy smokes!! 17,867 steps today. Almost 9 miles. Best part, I got paid for this little adventure. Lol. Plus tips! 8 hours of pushing curbside out to customers. Didn't hurt that it was a most wonderous of weather days, even with a mask on.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2020, 07:24 AM   #4897
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Most days I make or exceed my step goal but I'm not doing much beyond that so I took the initiative and ordered an under the desk elliptical. It's not the same as the gym but I'll be able to get some movement in and keep the blood pumping and it won't matter what the weather is outside (cuz it's been raining the whole farm here lately).

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2020, 08:52 PM   #4898
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

FINALLY!!

My beach access opened a few days ago and today I decided to test it out and see how things were. Perfect weather, low tide (so the beach is wide), and 2 1/2 months of pent-up anticipation.

It couldn’t possibly have been better. People were being really great and distancing out something like 20 feet for the most part. Lifeguards were making sure that nobody had any blankets or chairs and people did keep moving. All of the new signage and cordoned off access and exit areas were very clear that it is for now an exercise only Beach. Fine with me! It felt completely safe, most folks had a mask although almost none were wearing it because of the distancing and it felt great to just breathe the salt air.

I got to walk in the sand barefoot and wiggle my toes in the cold water, nothing like not having something for a while to make you appreciate it all the more. Just before the shut down I hurt my knee pretty badly and have not been able to go to physical therapy for it. I’ve been making up my own routine and while it is weak, it worked. I was good and didn’t push it too hard but as of now at dinner time I have 9960 steps. I am confident that I will make 10 K by bedtime.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2020, 07:01 PM   #4899
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Sandy toes again today, I feel alive.

9K steps so far today, knee still working.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2020, 08:14 PM   #4900
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

A couple of days ago, I hit over 14,000 steps and my poor tootsies were hurting. Most days, I get between 8000-10,000 steps. Not today, though. While I was actively doing things, my movements were more side to side and that doesn't record so I'll only have a little over 3000 logged today.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights