Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #61
Joe Mario

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
'He' will be fine.
Relationship Status:
happily involved

Joe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST Reputation
Default Correction

Wanted to post a correction in that whole Wheat flour does contain protein and more fiber than Soy flour. (sorry)

However, the difference in net carbs between the flours was remarkable enough for me to switch.

"...Soy flour has 1/3 (or less) the carbs of wheat flour plus more fiber. It also has protien, which is absent in wheat flour...."

Ciao,
~Joe Mario
Joe Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joe Mario For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2011, 10:42 PM   #62
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to "hey you" (either works for me!)
Relationship Status:
19 years together- Very Married for 10 years

Thanked 1,196 Times in 355 Posts
citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation

YES YES YES... was yummy. I made it for my wife and served with Roasted Brussel Sprouts.... I also found some online with less sugar... but this recipe rocks!

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/gall...o=4563&cat=500

If someone tells me how to post a pic I will post things IN my posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
Thanks for starting this thread I'm a big fan of high protein/low carb eating.

I made this once when I was doing the Atkins thing and it was delicious!! I found this recipe online it might be different from the actual atkins one. The Peanut Butter Coconut Sauce turns out delicious.

# 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
# 1 cup coconut milk
# 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
# 2 tablespoons soy sauce
# 1 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
# 1 teaspoon ground ginger
# 2 garlic cloves, chopped
# 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
# 2 lbs chicken cutlets
# 30 wooden skewers, soaked for 30 mins

1. 1 mix first 8 ingredients, remove 3/4 and refrigerate.
2. 2 cut chicken into strips and marinate in remaining sauce for 1 hour.
3. 3 heat broiler, thread strips onto skewers and broil about 6 minutes.
4. 4 bring refrigerated sauce to room temp and use as a dip for the chicken.

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
citybutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2011, 12:51 AM   #63
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Cream Cheese Muffins

Bake at 350

2 8-oz. pks. cream cheese
1/2 cup sweetener (granular Splenda, OR 1/4 cup Splenda, 1/4 cup sugar-free Da Vinci syrup OR equivalent. I use raw sugar.)
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract (or lemon, or almond, etc.)
Optional: Cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, or other low-carb topping, to taste.

Soften cream cheese about 40 seconds in microwave. (Be sure there are no cold lumps.) Add other basic ingredients. Beat with mixer or whisk till smooth. (Do not overbeat.) Pour into non-stick muffin pan, and/or use non-stick spray. (If using cupcake/muffin papers, spray papers with non-stick spray.) Sprinkle with cinnamon or choice of topping, if desired.

Bake at 350 for 18-20 min. if using standard muffin tin. (Reduce to 10 - 12 minutes if using mini-muffin tin.) Will not brown. Should be mostly set up, but somewhat soft in middle

To reduce sinking centers, bake only 18 minutes. Cool in oven with oven door open for 1/2 - 1 hour, then cover and cool on counter for 1/2 - 1 hour, then refrigerate. (Can use water bath; place shallow pan of water on lower shelf while preheating oven.)

Taste best chilled. Keeps well in refrigerator. Can be frozen. These are truly tasty muffins!
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2011, 10:03 PM   #64
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Recently I've been eating a lot of turkey chili. However, I really suck at following specific recipes/keeping track of what exactly I do when I cook something. More of a "throw in random stuff" kind of guy.

Epic Turkey Chili:

- 2 lbs/1 pack of ground turkey meat (much leaner than ground beef)
- 2 cans of red kidney beans
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of tomatoe juice/sauce
- chop up about 3/4 of onion
- chop up a pack of mushrooms
- chop up 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 cap full of red vinegar
- 1 cap full of extra virgin olive oil
- put vinegar + olive oil in pot first -> turn on stove
- Once warmed up, put in everything else except turkey meat
- Once boiling, put in turkey meat
- Every 20 mins or so dump in paprika/chili powder
- Cook for 1 hour
- Pray to chili gods
- Devour

35 Gram Protein Slam aka Tuna and Kamut pasta (only something like 18g of carbs):

- Put pasta in pot + boil
- Chop up mushrooms/onions/tomatoes/peppers
- Sautee said mushrooms/onions/tomatoes/peppers in pan with butter
- Put veggies and pasta in bowl
- Open regular sized can of tuna
- Dump 30 grams of yummy tuna protein into bowl
- Devour

*can also use couscous*

Chicken Breast
- Put chicken breasts in pan
- Dump on some Herbes de Provence or Paprika
- Stick in oven for 45 mins at 370
- Devour

Protein shake
Put the following in a blender:
- 2 raw eggs
- 1 cup of 1% or skim milk
- 1 scoop of whey protein
- fruits/berries (usually use cranberries, strawberries, banana)
- Blend
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2011, 03:34 PM   #65
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Stealing some recipes! (and thanks to Corkey for digging this up for me!) - Im not on a lo-carb diet or anything but do enjoy eating things that are lower in carbs because I hate feeling stuffed and full of "fluff" as I often do after eating a bunch of carbs.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 05:06 PM   #66
Captain Franki

How Do You Identify?:
FAAB Genderqueer; Camp as Christmas; Utterly Confused; Pokemon Master
Preferred Pronoun?:
They or any other neutral pronoun
Relationship Status:
Single

Captain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST Reputation

This thread is making me hungry but i'm too low to cook anything harder than pasta these days. boo.

i eat a lot of ingredients straight and individually. like nibble on cheese out of the packet, or if i have defrosted bunch of meat i'll just cook it all in one go and eat it served alone to avoid the fuss of leftovers. the joys of bachelor student living. then i might eat some carrots out the packet 2 hours later. I'm still a shall we say very novice cook. i find buying together a bunch of untested ingredients to make up one specific meal alien and fraught with problems and effort. I've taught myself the bare bare minimum at cooking the 3 years since i left home and i think it'll be a while before i attempt anything as adventurous as my disaster of a lasagna last year...

Is it fine not to go make actual tangible meals, as long as i try to avoid eating too many sugary and processed things?

can i just eat ingredients?

I'm high protein and medium carb to as much as I can afford. i'd like to be able to afford to eat less carbs than i currently am stuck with doing since carbs are the cheapest and store for a long time. as far as fat goes, since i am eating more proteins and so more of the fat that comes attached to many i've switched to skimmed milk and occasionally try to buy meat lower in sat fat. however, i am overly generous with my canola oil on everything to get the good fats.
Captain Franki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain Franki For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2013, 09:01 AM   #67
Kitten.With.A.Twist

How Do You Identify?:
Born Femme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Is "Darlin'" a pronoun?

Kitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST Reputation

GREAT to see this thread I'll look forward to sharing recipes and successes with you all

The "Primal" Kitten (with a twist!)
Kitten.With.A.Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kitten.With.A.Twist For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #68
JinxieB

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian...soft butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
married

JinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST Reputation

love doing my atkins...I have lost 120 pounds and am feeling better every single day...
JinxieB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JinxieB For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #69
Kent

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single

Tournaments Won: 2

Thanked 2,058 Times in 720 Posts
Kent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST Reputation
Default High Protein/Lo Carbers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinxieB View Post
love doing my atkins...I have lost 120 pounds and am feeling better every single day...
Congratulations!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #70
Kitten.With.A.Twist

How Do You Identify?:
Born Femme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Is "Darlin'" a pronoun?

Kitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST Reputation

Attached is a link to a document that I put together during my 10 month journey from diabetic/hypertensive to healthy/normal blood sugar/no meds. I hope some of the information is helpful to others. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have or to question any of the information I've included. It (and me!) are both a work in progress!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

When life gives you lemons, eat bacon!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kitten.With.A.Twist For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #71
Kitten.With.A.Twist

How Do You Identify?:
Born Femme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Is "Darlin'" a pronoun?

Hey Jesse - great recipe! I've made one very similar with 1/2 tsp. of liquid stevia plus 1/4 cup of water. I try to avoid all artificial sweeteners because of their impact on the brain/blood barrier and the intestinal micro-villi issues. Sometimes you have to tweak things to use stevia, but I find that the flavor is still great! I also use ZSweet granules on occasion for baking, because they will brown.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kitten.With.A.Twist For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #72
Kitten.With.A.Twist

How Do You Identify?:
Born Femme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Is "Darlin'" a pronoun?

In honor of Valentine's Day, here's one of my favorite recipes - Love Muffins!

12 oz. creamy no oil/no sugar added almond butter
1 cup of whole eggs
1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice
3/4 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of sea salt
1/2 tsp liquid stevia (I like sweet drops)
1/2 cup of small dark chocolate chips/chunks

Blend all ingredients together VERY well and pour into a loaf pan greased with coconut oil or into 12 greased muffin cups. Bake for approx. 30 minutes (testing with a toothpick should be mostly clean - I'm 30 minutes at a mile high/my oven) at 350 F. Let cool completely before slicing loaf!

Variations: Leave out the stevia/chocolate for a decent 'bread' that you can slice thinly, toast and eat with butter/honey.

Add a mashed banana with the stevia or intead of it - will increase the carbs somewhat

Recipe as listed is about 9g of protein per muffin and fewer than 2g. of carbs. About 185 cals.

Enjoy!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kitten.With.A.Twist For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #73
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Thanked 3,221 Times in 666 Posts
femmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST Reputation
Default Awesome!

I'm so happy to find this thread. I've subscribed.

My partner and I have made the life style change about 6 months ago. Lo-Carb, High in lean Protein, *really* watching the fat and sodium. It's been a huge change, and we don't consider it a 'diet', more than quite literally, un-learning and re-learning what our bodies feel better consuming.

The hardest part is recognizing that out in the world there is like NOTHING to eat! So we've also altered our life style in terms of preparing things to take with us if we're out for extended periods of time. No more drive throughs ( except for coffee!!) Counting net carbs, etc.

The hardest part was the first month, (for myself in particular being of Portuguese/Irish descent, I was born with a loaf of bread in one hand, and a potatoe in the other) was almost like a carb detox! Seriously, i LOVE carbs.

Now we substitute cauliflower for taters, don't eat much of anything grown under the ground at all, avoid excessive dairy ( cream in my coffee--that's about it) lots of omelettes (egg beaters, etc) with veggies and lean low salt back bacon.

Getting 'bored' was also a challenge, so it's great to find all these recipes.

Lila Watson

You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it.
You say you love sun, but you seek shade when its shining.
You say you love wind, but when its comes you close your window.
So that's why I'm scared, when you say you love me.

-- Bob Marley
femmeInterrupted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2013, 02:00 AM   #74
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

I need to join this thread because I need to eat more healthy and lose some excess weight I have put on since my work related injury back in 2007. I have put on 70lbs since then, and I just have to get it off. I have been using a treadmill at home this past week and I am keeping my pace to a good start. I know I can lose this weight by walking and eating better. I just don't know much about carbs and proteins that I should be eating, or if I can use canned or frozen vegetables that I like to eat as part of my diet or should I go with just fresh picked vegetables ? I need help with this stuff. I can't focus enough to read about it. I tried reading the Dukan diet and the Atkins diet and I can't focus enough to read past a few sentences at times. It took me half an hour just to read a paragraph. My anxiety is running amok most of the time an it interferes with my focusing ability to read and retain things I have read.So, if anyone has any patients to post what good carbs are that I should be eating, what bad carbs to stay away from, and the protein I should be eating I mean is it any red meats, turkey, pork, chicken, etc. Please forgive me for asking for help in this. Thanks in advance. Oh and if you guys have any recipes other than what's posted here, please share them with me, I could use some of those too.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:32 AM   #75
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Kitten,

As for sweeteners, I only use raw agave. The only tweaking involved with it is to use much less of it than what the recipe that uses sugar calls for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten.With.A.Twist View Post
Hey Jesse - great recipe! I've made one very similar with 1/2 tsp. of liquid stevia plus 1/4 cup of water. I try to avoid all artificial sweeteners because of their impact on the brain/blood barrier and the intestinal micro-villi issues. Sometimes you have to tweak things to use stevia, but I find that the flavor is still great! I also use ZSweet granules on occasion for baking, because they will brown.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Old 02-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #76
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

What meats are your sources for protein?(I already eat a lot of chicken, kinda get sick of it at times) Is ground turkey leaner than any of the ground meats you can purchase, ie ground sirloin, extra lean ground beef, etc. ? Are there any red meats that you choose over others? How do you cook them? Do you bake them or broil them, etc?
I just joined the thread and am seriously considering doing this type food intake so long as I can afford it. I have pretty much stopped eating bread all together. I have been working out on treadmill daily and doing well with that. So, your input on the above questions is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Just.

PS. I don't have the option of purchasing fresh seafood or fresh water fish in local grocery store. It's a teeny tiny town where I live. And that part sucks. I wish I were back in Austin where I could shop at the whole foods grocery store there or even HEB where I could get things a little easier like fresh fish and fresh seafood. ugh.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #77
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,580 Times in 2,650 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

::subscribing::

ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #78
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

I try to consume mostly high to medium high purine proteins. these include:

Foods with very high purine levels(up to 1,000 mg per 3.5 ounce serving): Anchovies, Brains, Gravies, Kidneys,Liver, Sardines, Sweetbreads Foods with high and moderately high purine levels(5-100 mg per 3.5 ounce serving): Asparagus, Bacon, Beef, Bluefish, Bouillon, Calf tongue, Carp, Cauliflower, Chicken, Chicken soup, Codfish, Crab, Duck, Goose, Halibut, Ham, Kidney beans, Lamb, Lentils, Lima beans, Lobster, Mushrooms, Mutton, Navy beans, Oatmeal, Oysters, Peas, Perch, Pork, Rabbit, Salmon, Sheep, Shellfish, Snapper, Spinach, Tripe, Trout, Tuna, Turkey, Veal, Venison
Of course, I do not eat all of these because like most people, I tend to be a bit picky and am not really in to calf tongue personally, but hey, to each their own. I mainly posted this so you can see that it is not just meat that your proteins come from. If ever in doubt just Google the item, say you want to know the nutrition in turkey breast...just Google, turkey breast nutrition and it will pull up pages that will tell you the exact break down of the nutrition. Hope that helps.

And yes, turkey and chicken both tend to be leaner than most red meats. I tend to eat way more poultry than red meat. I will eat super lean ground beef, but it's not often, mostly because of all of the hormones and crap they put in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe View Post
What meats are your sources for protein?(I already eat a lot of chicken, kinda get sick of it at times) Is ground turkey leaner than any of the ground meats you can purchase, ie ground sirloin, extra lean ground beef, etc. ? Are there any red meats that you choose over others? How do you cook them? Do you bake them or broil them, etc?
I just joined the thread and am seriously considering doing this type food intake so long as I can afford it. I have pretty much stopped eating bread all together. I have been working out on treadmill daily and doing well with that. So, your input on the above questions is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Just.

PS. I don't have the option of purchasing fresh seafood or fresh water fish in local grocery store. It's a teeny tiny town where I live. And that part sucks. I wish I were back in Austin where I could shop at the whole foods grocery store there or even HEB where I could get things a little easier like fresh fish and fresh seafood. ugh.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #79
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post

Hope that helps.

And yes, turkey and chicken both tend to be leaner than most red meats. I tend to eat way more poultry than red meat. I will eat super lean ground beef, but it's not often, mostly because of all of the hormones and crap they put in it.
Yes it very much does, thanks Jess. I don't want my diet to be more inclusive of red meats than it has been, that's why I was asking. And I now know I am not alone in not eating a lot of red meat.
I'm up for recipes anyone wants to post, however, I only bake my meats and don't own a bbq pit. I don't like a lot of seasonings that are too wild or take a nac to eat them, and I don't do cajun seasoning of any kind. I don't have the taste for it.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #80
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

I believe that most of the recipes we have so far are more towards the beginning pages of this thread. I will try to post some more up soon, and I am hoping others will as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe View Post
Yes it very much does, thanks Jess. I don't want my diet to be more inclusive of red meats than it has been, that's why I was asking. And I now know I am not alone in not eating a lot of red meat.
I'm up for recipes anyone wants to post, however, I only bake my meats and don't own a bbq pit. I don't like a lot of seasonings that are too wild or take a nac to eat them, and I don't do cajun seasoning of any kind. I don't have the taste for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:

Tags
carbs, healthy fats, high protein, low carbs, paleo