Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LOVE > Dating, Marriage, Family

Old 12-14-2017, 12:18 PM   #21
butchgeek

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
ISO geeky femme who can run this INTJ a bit

butchgeek Has the BEST Reputationbutchgeek Has the BEST Reputationbutchgeek Has the BEST Reputationbutchgeek Has the BEST Reputationbutchgeek Has the BEST Reputationbutchgeek Has the BEST Reputationbutchgeek Has the BEST Reputationbutchgeek Has the BEST Reputationbutchgeek Has the BEST Reputationbutchgeek Has the BEST Reputationbutchgeek Has the BEST Reputation

This introvert could never do that. I would spend the five minutes palms sweating and tripping over my words, only to have to move on. I suck at small talk, and real conversations can’t happen in five minutes.
butchgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to butchgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2017, 06:29 PM   #22
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by butchgeek View Post
This introvert could never do that. I would spend the five minutes palms sweating and tripping over my words, only to have to move on. I suck at small talk, and real conversations can’t happen in five minutes.
It makes me almost break out in a sweat just to think about it...

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2017, 07:19 PM   #23
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,110 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I did a speed dating once at a queer kinky event and met someone I played with that night. That was like seven years ago and we're still good friends and occasionally indulge in some kinky play. I say that speed dating was very successful! I haven't been to a "real" one though, and probably never would.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2017, 07:31 PM   #24
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Speed dating

I have never tried speed dating but I would try it at least once.

Made me think about my youth in the disco bars but "dating" was not what we were doing by a long shot.
Haha!

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2017, 02:30 AM   #25
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I would do speed dating in a heartbeat........

And not to derail the thread but I once read about a party/event where everyone brought 1 person with them that they felt was a very nice person but there just wasn't any chemistry/connection between them. This sound like something I'd like to give a shot to as well.........
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2017, 12:53 PM   #26
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
I would do speed dating in a heartbeat........

And not to derail the thread but I once read about a party/event where everyone brought 1 person with them that they felt was a very nice person but there just wasn't any chemistry/connection between them. This sound like something I'd like to give a shot to as well.........
Has anyone else ever either heard or attended one of these events?
Old 12-16-2017, 05:15 PM   #27
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Has anyone else ever either heard or attended one of these events?
No but I did try speed dating once. Well I don't know that it was speed dating proper, like they used to show on television but I did do, if not that, something simillar. For me it wasn't a pleasant experience. First there was the possible, potential stranger danger factor. Not liking it - people coming unknown/not recommended by trustworthy, reliable sources. We had to give our real names and what if afterwards some kook followed me, stalked us. The alley we'd went down to get there wasn't very comforting at all. Like this would be nice, safe, fun place, full of non-creepy people, we were headed to. But having a friend with me gave me courage. It turned out it was a mostly male/female heterosexual, maybe bisexual thing going on. I didn't see any butch lesbians, at least not any obvious ones. There was one woman who told me she was butch and only there dressed femme because her friends had convinced her she'd have better luck finding a match to date if she toned it down some, tried dressing more femme. She pulled off her wig to prove it to me but come on she was there in a wig and a dress with makeup on, attempting to try and deceive people. I certainly wasn't going to take her at her word. No to truly determine it, that would require closer inspection, from a distance, with binoculars. Just because well if she was a butch, pretending to be femme, who's to say she wasn't a man pretending to be a butch lesbian, or a serial killer pretending to be some Dudley Do-Rite. Not that there's anything wrong with being a man or femme or a Good Samaritan it's just - be yourself because there is nothing attractive or even remotely interesting about a consummate liar. I don't know, maybe it would have been a different experience in a honest environment. But on the other hand if I haven't felt a compelling need to try it again, in over a quarter of a century, well I think that right there is very telling, speaks a lot about how miserable I found the whole experience.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2017, 07:18 PM   #28
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default N

Never...never will "speed" date...doesn't fit with "savoring"...in other words, getting to know a femme woman who deserves more than 5 mins...Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2018, 09:01 PM   #29
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,352 Times in 862 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Post I would try it.

I haven't tried speed dating but I think I would just to see what it's like.

I wouldn't need a lot of time to know if I vibe with someone. I just need a couple of minutes to know if there's enough interest, curiosity and commonalities to build on.
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2018, 04:51 AM   #30
akiza

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
khaleessi lol ^-^ just go with aki,ana,kit or princess
Relationship Status:
single

akiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputation

hum i suppose it's a nice concept but it's a nope for me i'll need a little time to learn about the other so no
akiza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to akiza For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2018, 07:04 AM   #31
Clyde

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Queer Butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/They.
Relationship Status:
Butchelor.

Clyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST Reputation

Sounds a tad overwhelming.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:29 AM   #32
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Sounds like I would need to bring my running shoes and workout apparel.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2018, 12:35 PM   #33
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,892 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I'd most likely never do 'speed dating'.

I look at it this way: people have countless ways to get to know another person. In our everyday lives, we work with others at work or casually meet people while shopping for groceries or while waiting in line at the post office or while driving in traffic or riding public transit (etc). I view each set of instances as an way to get to know others. It takes time, for me, to really know someone.

Hence, why I think speed dating is more like some over the top way to know someone. Again, it's not my first choice in trying to know someone better.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:46 PM   #34
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I'd most likely never do 'speed dating'.

I look at it this way: people have countless ways to get to know another person. In our everyday lives, we work with others at work or casually meet people while shopping for groceries or while waiting in line at the post office or while driving in traffic or riding public transit (etc). I view each set of instances as an way to get to know others. It takes time, for me, to really know someone.

Hence, why I think speed dating is more like some over the top way to know someone. Again, it's not my first choice in trying to know someone better.
I agree with your post 100% but to me speed dating is just another way to meet new folks as well and I'd do it in a heartbeat!