Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LOVE > Dating, Marriage, Family

Old 04-18-2018, 03:56 PM   #21
Signmypapyrus

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Signmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST Reputation

I prefer older women and the few I have gone on dates with have been older. I mean, at least ten years older, if not more. I imagine when I eventually want a relationship I’ll end up with someone older.

I think it makes sense in queer or same sex relationships.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:34 PM   #22
introverted1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

introverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputation

Since my mid-30s, I usually end up with people who are five to six years younger than me. I realize that is not a huge age gap.

Whoever can communicate well and keep up with me on the hiking trail is ideal.
introverted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to introverted1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2018, 03:07 PM   #23
introverted1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

introverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by introverted1 View Post
Since my mid-30s, I usually end up with people who are five to six years younger than me. I realize that is not a huge age gap.

Whoever can communicate well and keep up with me on the hiking trail is ideal.
You know, I'm going to add a qualifier to that last line... I have been with people who could not keep up with me very well on the hiking trail, but I was just so darned grateful that they were out there with me at all. I love to be outside.
introverted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to introverted1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2018, 07:12 PM   #24
AllFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Just working on myself right now

AllFemme Has the BEST ReputationAllFemme Has the BEST ReputationAllFemme Has the BEST ReputationAllFemme Has the BEST ReputationAllFemme Has the BEST ReputationAllFemme Has the BEST ReputationAllFemme Has the BEST ReputationAllFemme Has the BEST ReputationAllFemme Has the BEST ReputationAllFemme Has the BEST ReputationAllFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

I briefly dated a butch who was 20 years older than me. It was nothing but a great experience. I like a butch at any adult age, but have always had a thing for older butches.
AllFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AllFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2018, 07:46 PM   #25
SaltyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Old School Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/she/hey you.....
Relationship Status:
open to the possibilities

2 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 5

Thanked 1,635 Times in 301 Posts
SaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST Reputation

I've had a tendency to date younger women mostly because some my age act way too old....and I am very young at heart. I have experienced the comments "oh you are a dirty old butch"...why should I be perceived like that when men have been doing it for ages.

An age gap is not the gap to worry about, if we can relate, understand and enjoy life with each other what's wrong with that. There may be some life experience that we can't relate to, but I assure you that some younger women have experienced more than I ever will.

So if she doesn't know a show called The Brady Bunch I'm okay with that as long as we both respect, care for and love each other isn't that all that really matters.
SaltyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SaltyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2018, 08:37 PM   #26
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,129 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

as long as u are attracted to each other enjoy !! I personally like to dance to the same beat. I find the greying of the temples and smile wrinkles very very sexyyyy ~ and the conversation ohhhhhhhh baby take me now lolol ~
Old 04-26-2018, 09:00 PM   #27
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default o

I have always enjoyed older femmes. In my
culture/family I learned that age brings fullness
of experience, out of this world sensuality, intelligence
and beauty. Yes, the young can have these qualities
as well, but really the fullness of time is what brings
downright gorgeous elegance...Now, as I'm 65 soon to
be 66yo I continue to enjoy older femmes...No judgement,
but an older femme continues to do it for me.

Now yes I run and am very active, so the older femmes
that I engage with are not necessarily as active, but
their intelligence is brilliant, and they love to dance
need I say more? And they love to love in all the ways
that we are compatible...Would I engage a femme in
her fifties? Perhaps if she is completely in her life, but
it would more likely be a femme in her sixties, seventies,
and yes a gorgeous and elegant 80's.

I once painted the portrait of a 97yo woman, who could
tango the hell out of anyone younger, not to mention her
sizzling intelligence, courage, and elegant tastes. She was
straight so I did not pursue but...oh, yes
it's the older femme for me!

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2018, 09:39 PM   #28
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Agree with Salty about own age seeming to act much older. My Partner who is 5 years younger even feels older than I am. Also, the neighbor who is just 6 years older acts (and therefore looks) older than me.
Neighbor even feels older than my mom would be had she still been alive.
I don't get it.
All but those much younger find my music and nightlife intolerable.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:49 PM   #29
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I used to date older as in 10 or more years. Yeah didnt work.

Now i only want to date someone my age or 3 years older.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2018, 10:33 PM   #30
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation
Default I Guess This Is A Timeless Thread

What matters is the connection. I have indeed been in live-in relationships with a femme 20 years younger than me and also with a femme who was born in the same year I was. I haven't been in a huge number of relationships but most of them have been near my age, but age differences work fine for me too.

Femmes of all ages are amazing and potentially someone I could have incredible relationship with - partner, friend, etc. I certainly would never say a femme was too old.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2018, 10:34 PM   #31
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 540 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

My one lesbian relationship was with a woman 11 years my junior, and the age difference didn't matter a damn, despite my being in my early 30's and her being in her early twenties, so the percentage difference in age was huge.

I think it depends on the personalities involved. I wouldn't rule out dating someone in their twenties, so long as they were reasonably mature and there weren't any other problems (hey, I don't have the energy I once did!). And I certainly wouldn't rule out someone older! That said, in some respects I'm under-mature for my age, and look younger than I am, whilst being rather more decrepit than most would expect due to various medical oddities.

My ideal is someone a bit more grounded than me, and better able to cope with those aspects of the world I find problematic, with integrity and a good sense of humour. Given those - I'm not too concerned about their age, so long as they are over 20!
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 11:08 AM   #32
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,448 Times in 10,178 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Please don't look like a child I could of had , or look like my father..

I just could not kiss that age difference.

But, I've almost always have been the tallest one !

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 12:32 PM   #33
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
Please don't look like a child I could of had , or look like my father..

I just could not kiss that age difference.

But, I've almost always have been the tallest one !
haha how tall are you?

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 05:21 PM   #34
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,448 Times in 10,178 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
haha how tall are you?
ALMOST always...
Its refreshing to find my height, or even close to it. ...😉

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2018, 11:25 AM   #35
MaddieRobbie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Free

MaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST Reputation
Default Age difference.

I primarily date people older than myself. There's a confidence that comes from maturity I'm just drawn to...

My relationships with older partners are mostly drama free and as complicated as we choose to make them. If there's kids and my partner prefers to keep that part of their life separate, I'm not offended (and if they do, I understand they've had a whole life of their own before I showed up). Sex on a first date isn't taboo or anything more than being true to what we're feeling in the moment.

...and they're simply more fun to be with and around. The last butch I dated took me bowling on our first date - we didn't have to shout at each other over a club or be in the trendiest bar in town. We drank beers and bowled while I tried to look sexy in the silly shoes. Amazing.
MaddieRobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MaddieRobbie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2018, 12:46 PM   #36
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,666 Times in 7,708 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Several months back, I was talking seriously with someone, not on this site, either!, who was 19 years my junior. While fun to talk with, and all, I found the maturity level differences to be too much, for me.

The age difference didn't bother her at all. I would have felt awkward in public, because, folks would "assume" I was the mom or grandmom, and I hate that when folks make assumptions!

For me, and this is tried & true, I do well with someone 10 years younger, and no more or less!

It is different for different folks, but I wouldn't ever date anyone older than me.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:50 PM   #37
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,317 Times in 505 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation
Default Just Me

Older women have always been my thing. But as I am ageing,five or less years younger than me works,but nothing under forty years.

Nothing wrong with younger ladies,just how I feel about it.
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2018, 10:09 PM   #38
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,264 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I can see the benefit of a gf 50 years younger than me as long as she can afford to pay for a therapist.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2018, 01:17 AM   #39
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Mines still the same!

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2018, 09:41 AM   #40
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,151 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

A 23 year old tried to pick me up at a bar a few months ago! I'm not making this up. I'm more than three decades older than she was. NO! I mean, HELL no.

I formerly dated women who were significantly older, but now the energy difference between elders and myself is usually, (but not always), just too large. I'm super-active and very fit. If I ever decide to date again it would ideally be a woman who is within 10 years of me in either direction.

Tags
age difference, age gap, love, relationships