Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LOVE > Dating, Marriage, Family

Old 01-14-2017, 12:50 AM   #381
knight

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

knight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoseagrl View Post
I can't stick to only 3 either. If only I knew these things before learning them the hard way.

1) Consistency - continue being the person portrayed while getting to know each other. Some things will change after the "honeymoon" period, but the person shouldn't. I don't understand this because I, myself, don't know how to be anything other than what I really am, always ... not just while falling in love. Example ... I don't stop wanting to express my love or feelings. I don't stop pursuing common interests or passions.

2) Honesty

3) Core values and beliefs must be in sync. Not everything about two people will be the same, but I can't survive major clashing differences such as how we view life, in general, relationships, health and how we want to live. Our major differences either have to be complimentary or able to co-exist peacefully. Or else.

4) Common interests - Just a few ordinary ones won't cut it. I am passionate and contemplative about too many things that I need to have in my life that I get along best with someone who actively shares at least some of the major interests I have. Last year I discovered a very enlightening project that helped me narrow everything down to four core things I cannot live without.

5) Be humble. I am humble and old-fashioned, and I can't get along with chaos, arrogance, obsession with material things, total selfishness and anything else that goes against being humble and in tune with what I believe life should be about.

6) Sense of humor - laughter is one simple thing that keeps me going.

7) Love - know the difference between real, mature love and selfish, unhealthy "love" where you mostly love the person because of some one-sided void they fill and what they give you ... instead of for who they are and how well you go together.
thank you for your thoughts... very well said.
knight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knight For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2017, 09:52 PM   #382
deeds

How Do You Identify?:
G-d made

deeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amulette View Post
Chemistry creating that feeling of *please* come closer. (The healthy kind)
Devotion, passionately, heart to heart. We *love* our love.
Very loving and expressive, prone to impromptu acts of passion.
I adore purity of heart, and kind, honest expression.
Open-mindedness, free thinker, global spirit, adventurous.
Embodies finesse, a grace of spirit.

Someone who bothers to live an interesting life, unapologetically interesting.Then comes home and shares.
Ahh.You are sweet..
I would like to apply for this position
Old 01-15-2017, 11:41 PM   #383
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Non-negotiables

Mine are always the same,
No cheating
No lies
No drugs

I actually have more but it said three.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2017, 07:22 PM   #384
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,807 Times in 1,056 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

1. Integrity
2. Honesty
3. Good communication skills
4. Self supporting and employed
5. Compassion for others
6. Must love cats!

OK, I went above 3 too...but they are very important to me and if I ever date anyone again these things must be true of that person.
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2017, 07:37 PM   #385
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Kind

Positive outlook on life (negative people are a soul sucker)

Smart/Good sense of humor (hey you can't be funny if you're not smart, lol)

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2017, 07:37 PM   #386
2qt

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her..
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,967 Times in 582 Posts
2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation

Honesty....
Self independence....
Wit & adventurous....
No alcoholics....
Loves life & wants to be part of it, not out of it...

Couldn't stick to just 3 either lol I tried...
2qt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2qt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2017, 10:02 PM   #387
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,392 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation
Default Miss Guided...

As strange or even counter-intuitive as this may sound, at this point I've ditched the "list of requirements." My own tastes and preferences can be so diverse it seems a shame to saddle someone else with a list of do and do nots. IDK, more opting in, less opting out? This is coming from someone who if I had won the lottery this weekend would have funded both the first chair cello at the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra annnnnd my own NASCAR team.

Katniss~~
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2017, 10:10 PM   #388
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

1.Smoking
2.Smoking
3.Smoking

Did I mention smoking?
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2017, 10:20 PM   #389
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
1.Smoking
2.Smoking
3.Smoking

Did I mention smoking?
Um, for or against?

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2017, 10:36 PM   #390
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Um, for or against?
OH .;... A G A I N S T
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2017, 11:16 PM   #391
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I am on a roll tonight and did not follow the rules for the thread. Bear with me, please.

Love me, love me dearly, with all of your heart and soul: for better or worse.

If, by some (very) strange reason, there are some slightly harder to love "things"; communicate them to and with me, openly, honestly and with kindness. I promise I will do my best to hear you.

Honesty always as a tool of self-sustaining love. It is never to be used as a bludgeon of deliberate harm or pain.

Commitment to the long-haul. The forever love. I seem to develop that kind of love fairly easily once I stop being afraid but I then chose to bestow it on those that are not exactly interested in same.

Don't be easily angered. I do also have a propensity for easily angered people. When I was young, I always fell in love with bad boys. Then when I fell for girls; the bad girls. The ones with anger close to the surface of their skin and that one wrong word could make them blow. I spent lots of time walking on egg shells to keep it contained but I always made a wrong move and thar she would blow...

Believe that sex is not only to show love and caring but that it is fun and playful. Please love oral sex; both giving and receiving or know I am not the one for you. I was happily in a relationship for the first 10 years with my long-term stone butch but then she wanted a reciprocal sexual relationship and I fell in love with the giving of oral sex, during our last 9 years together. It is hard to put that genie back in the bottle once it is out and I am too old now to want to. It gives me joy.

Really honor the words "in sickness and health". My recent ex did not like the first part, only the second. It was when I knew I needed to leave her, when she said in a fit of anger one day: "I don't want to have to push you around in a wheelchair when we get old". I keep thinking that the irony will be if it is her that will require pushing by someone and perhaps, with a stroke of good fortune, I won't. We just don't know do we?

Must love music. I love it all from rock to classic to hip hop to opera. Eclectic, I guess.

I would respect and honor a long-term, maintained recovery that is nurtured. I would not be able to handle someone actively practicing their disease of addiction. That is in my daily place of employment. Home needs to be a sanctuary.

I think that about covers it

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2018, 10:56 PM   #392
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

Thanked 21,352 Times in 6,710 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

(in every context)kind
foresight
passionate
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2018, 12:42 AM   #393
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

True to Heart (physical a non-issue)
Open minded, hearted
Experimental in all things
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2018, 01:02 AM   #394
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,666 Times in 7,708 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Just found this while perusing this thread! Well spoken, Anya! I second all of it!

Great list, Anya! I concur on all your points!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I am on a roll tonight and did not follow the rules for the thread. Bear with me, please.

Love me, love me dearly, with all of your heart and soul: for better or worse.

If, by some (very) strange reason, there are some slightly harder to love "things"; communicate them to and with me, openly, honestly and with kindness. I promise I will do my best to hear you.

Honesty always as a tool of self-sustaining love. It is never to be used as a bludgeon of deliberate harm or pain.

Commitment to the long-haul. The forever love. I seem to develop that kind of love fairly easily once I stop being afraid but I then chose to bestow it on those that are not exactly interested in same.

Don't be easily angered. I do also have a propensity for easily angered people. When I was young, I always fell in love with bad boys. Then when I fell for girls; the bad girls. The ones with anger close to the surface of their skin and that one wrong word could make them blow. I spent lots of time walking on egg shells to keep it contained but I always made a wrong move and thar she would blow...

Believe that sex is not only to show love and caring but that it is fun and playful. Please love oral sex; both giving and receiving or know I am not the one for you. I was happily in a relationship for the first 10 years with my long-term stone butch but then she wanted a reciprocal sexual relationship and I fell in love with the giving of oral sex, during our last 9 years together. It is hard to put that genie back in the bottle once it is out and I am too old now to want to. It gives me joy.

Really honor the words "in sickness and health". My recent ex did not like the first part, only the second. It was when I knew I needed to leave her, when she said in a fit of anger one day: "I don't want to have to push you around in a wheelchair when we get old". I keep thinking that the irony will be if it is her that will require pushing by someone and perhaps, with a stroke of good fortune, I won't. We just don't know do we?

Must love music. I love it all from rock to classic to hip hop to opera. Eclectic, I guess.

I would respect and honor a long-term, maintained recovery that is nurtured. I would not be able to handle someone actively practicing their disease of addiction. That is in my daily place of employment. Home needs to be a sanctuary.

I think that about covers it
Old 05-02-2018, 05:36 AM   #395
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,654 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
1. Integrity
2. Honesty
3. Good communication skills
Yes!
Yes!
Yes!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2018, 01:42 AM   #396
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

HONESTY
Meets obligations made
Experimentalism
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post: